One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am dubious about anyone who uses a verse of scripture with a different meaning to justify that meaning in a verse that has an entirely different meaning. i.e. Acts 2 with 1 Cor 10:2.
Hello @marksman,

Thank you for responding. I understand that you would be guarded about any response received, and treat it with caution. However the word, 'baptize', and the question you raised concerning it's meaning was what was being considered, and baptism is found in each of the verses quoted: to show that baptism was not only related to 'water' as a medium; but also has a wider application to do with identification.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ symbolizes burial with Jesus Christ by his name.
well ty for your opinion. I take it from this that you do not believe you will be going to heaven after you have died? Or am i misunderstanding?
It is very meaningful to the Lord for us to follow him through the death and burial process.
i doubt it--next you will be drawing a long white beard on an Old White Guy i guess, no offense--but hey the process i would agree maybe, the ritual not so much.

Much more meaningful to the individual than to Yah prolly? Who already knows how few will find it? Iow those who do not follow must be very meaningful to Yah too, right? Why do you speak as if you know, btw? When you dont? Do you know what "satan's dialectic" means? "The fruit of the tree of knowledge?"
Tell that to your spouse. Now tell that to the Lord
i have no spouse, and Yah does not Lord It over anyone--that is some kinda Anglish bs, sorry--but i guess "why?" is what im asking here bro

ive slept on that, and practically speaking seems pretty sound to me, so i'm not quite getting your objection, sorry. The ones i was able to bounce it off of are kind of ambiguous on it too, so im trying to get you here

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In that verse in Acts, there was no symbolism involved.
you dont have the first clue what you are saying, m marks, no offense. And were i to demo how unliterally you wish to read other Scripture you would just disengage, no offense again, and you might note how confidently you say things like that, that you cannot possibly know?

He who says he knows, does not, m marks, and i know that this is hard to understand, but see how your statement has driven up the odds that that verse in Acts was nothing but symbolism to near 100%? Which i know i am like the best pot for that kettle too i guess lol, not denyin
Being baptised in water by immersion was commonplace in those days.
so i hear, but prolly the missing piece to "baptizing in the Jordan river" i bet, ty! So yes, pagans like us Christians are now were "baptizing" ppl all over the place then, prolly not much "in the Jordan" but ill look

Reactions: Pisteuo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well ty for your opinion. I take it from this that you do not believe you will be going to heaven after you have died? Or am i misunderstanding?
i doubt it--next you will be drawing a long white beard on an Old White Guy i guess, no offense--but hey the process i would agree maybe, the ritual not so much.

Much more meaningful to the individual than to Yah prolly? Who already knows how few will find it? Iow those who do not follow must be very meaningful to Yah too, right? Why do you speak as if you know, btw? When you dont? Do you know what "satan's dialectic" means? "The fruit of the tree of knowledge?"

i have no spouse, and Yah does not Lord It over anyone--that is some kinda Anglish bs, sorry--but i guess "why?" is what im asking here bro

ive slept on that, and practically speaking seems pretty sound to me, so i'm not quite getting your objection, sorry. The ones i was able to bounce it off of are kind of ambiguous on it too, so im trying to get you here
Who is Yah?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who is Yah?
“What?” Is probably more valid Question? Not to pick nits, but “who” implies a person, right? Anyway, “I said ‘you are Elohim’” so really idk the best reply to give you, sorry, as you serve a Lord That desires a sacrifice, right? As English Lords are wont to do, yeh?

So then “Yah” is anyone but that guy, maybe?

Strictly an aside here, But we have about 30 terms in our original scripture that are all translated to us as “God” so The question might actually be “What (Who) is God?”

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“What?” Is probably more valid Question? Not to pick nits, but “who” implies a person, right? Anyway, “I said ‘you are Elohim’” so really idk the best reply to give you, sorry, as you serve a Lord That desires a sacrifice, right? As English Lords are wont to do, yeh?

So then “Yah” is anyone but that guy, maybe?

Strictly an aside here, But we have about 30 terms in our original scripture that are all translated to us as “God” so The question might actually be “What (Who) is God?”
Yah is like saying y’all?

Reactions: bbyrd009

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you dont have the first clue what you are saying, m marks, no offense. And were i to demo how unliterally you wish to read other Scripture you would just disengage, no offense again, and you might note how confidently you say things like that, that you cannot possibly know?

He who says he knows, does not, m marks, and i know that this is hard to understand, but see how your statement has driven up the odds that that verse in Acts was nothing but symbolism to near 100%? Which i know i am like the best pot for that kettle too i guess lol, not denyin
so i hear, but prolly the missing piece to "baptizing in the Jordan river" i bet, ty! So yes, pagans like us Christians are now were "baptizing" ppl all over the place then, prolly not much "in the Jordan" but ill look

Of course, I don't have a clue, that is why 50 years of study has kept me in the dark and all my learning and degrees are worthless. How many degrees have you got?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello @marksman,

Thank you for responding. I understand that you would be guarded about any response received, and treat it with caution. However the word, 'baptize', and the question you raised concerning it's meaning was what was being considered, and baptism is found in each of the verses quoted: to show that baptism was not only related to 'water' as a medium; but also has a wider application to do with identification.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I am not denying that because I said so myself. The word in Acts means to be fully wet. No more and no less. What other verses mean is not relevant to this scripture.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course, I don't have a clue, that is why 50 years of study has kept me in the dark and all my learning and degrees are worthless. How many degrees have you got?
oh, my apologies on the m marks thing, but yes imo your degrees are worse than useless, and you only read literally when it suits you, too, no offense. All that study, all those degrees, and you still speak exclusively in Satan's Dialectic like a 13 year old girl? Bro? Doesnt mean i dont care about you, ok, and i certainly dont want you to spontaneously stop saying that you know stuff, and standing there where you shouldnt, i mean if you dont want to, but bro at a certain point one has to ask wth is to be done with you?
What other verses mean is not relevant to this scripture.
i mean listen to yourself if you would here bro. Who are you to be telling anyone whether other vv are relevant or not? You have completely lost your mind bro ok. The sun officially rose out your anus this morning, we get it. Have a nice day ok, and best of luck

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The word in Acts means to be fully wet. No more and no less. What other verses mean is not relevant to this scripture.
as any child could show you, the term we xlate "immerse" has other meanings than the strictly literal, even in our warped dictionaries bro, even in our common lexicon, even the Aussie one i am sure. I mean set yourself up as The Arbiter all you like, BoL, but you sound like an idiot ok bro

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as any child could show you, the term we xlate "immerse" has other meanings than the strictly literal, even in our warped dictionaries bro, even in our common lexicon, even the Aussie one i am sure. I mean set yourself up as The Arbiter all you like, BoL, but you sound like an idiot ok bro
John baptized in what?
Jesus was baptized in what?
The eunuch was baptized in what?

What is Biblical baptism?

3 guesses.....

#1....dust.

#2.....mental baptism.

#3...water.

Pick one.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
John baptized in what?
Jesus was baptized in what?
The eunuch was baptized in what?

What is Biblical baptism?

3 guesses.....

#1....dust.

#2.....mental baptism.

#3...water.

Pick one.
you are more than welcome to believe that if you like sir, and i hope you understand i have absolutely no objection to your understanding of ritual baptism, ok, as i said i did it at least twice, chiefly bc i had no one to hip me up then but nevermind, still glad i did it, but wadr i have since learned that wisdom is hidden from the wise, iow those who insist that they know stuff are the very ignorantest prolly, and also that water has a spiritual symbolism, which you can either accept or reject and i dont judge you for either, ok.

Bam literally cast your bread on water, if you like. And there are other mental exercises that might reveal the hypocrisy to you, based upon Scripture also. But imo you do not have to believe like me anyway, idc about that. And you are certainly allowed to keep pretending you are the arbiter of Scripture too, if you like. But i suggest that more fulfilling spiritual insight might be gained by a less literal outlook, which you cannot demonstrate at all points in Scripture anyway? Have a nice day

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are more than welcome to believe that if you like sir, and i hope you understand i have absolutely no objection to your understanding of ritual baptism, ok, as i said i did it at least twice, chiefly bc i had no one to hip me up then but nevermind, still glad i did it, but wadr i have since learned that wisdom is hidden from the wise, iow those who insist that they know stuff are the very ignorantest prolly, and also that water has a spiritual symbolism, which you can either accept or reject and i dont judge you for either, ok.

Bam literally cast your bread on water, if you like. And there are other mental exercises that might reveal the hypocrisy to you, based upon Scripture also. But imo you do not have to believe like me anyway, idc about that. And you are certainly allowed to keep pretending you are the arbiter of Scripture too, if you like. But i suggest that more fulfilling spiritual insight might be gained by a less literal outlook, which you cannot demonstrate at all points in Scripture anyway? Have a nice day
I noticed you could not pick one.

Why?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But i suggest that more fulfilling spiritual insight might be gained by a less literal outlook, which you cannot demonstrate at all points in Scripture anyway? Have a nice day
I noticed you could not pick one.

Why?
"one" is not sufficiently defined for me to understand you here, sorry...oh, still back at your ersatz choices? With you as arbiter? Yes, i pick #4 then, ty

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Dust baptism?
you are now replying faster than i am even posting, wadr, i edited there.
anyway, dunno about any dust baptisms, sorry
best of luck to you ok, i honestly hope the Death More Abundantly thing works out for you
it would tickle me no end if Jesus Returned and Took You Away with Him to Heaven, but wadr i now seriously doubt a holistic view of Scripture supports that; you cannot Quote Jesus "returning," you cannot Quote anyone, ever, going up to Heaven ("no one, has ever...") and etc

Last edited: