One Fold.....One Shepherd ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Everyone is a gentile except for the Jews.
see how there is no diff in expecting a Muslim to adhere to your laws concerning salvation and expecting a Christian to adhere to Jewish law. So iow reflect upon the prevalence of Christians who insist that the law is abolished, simultaneously demanding that Muslims adhere to Christian "laws" concerning joining their "club," and disallowing those who exhibit the fruit of salvation

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
see how there is no diff in expecting a Muslim to adhere to your laws concerning salvation and expecting a Christian to adhere to Jewish law. So iow reflect upon the prevalence of Christians who insist that the law is abolished, simultaneously demanding that Muslims adhere to Christian "laws" concerning joining their "club," and disallowing those who exhibit the fruit of salvation
Good !
Never thought of it this way.
So, yeah, are the laws abolished or not...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No. Not being coy.
I don't think I ever posted before about how I thought I had conquered the question of evil ---
I was confirming that we learn new things all the time.
But, hopefully, when we learn it, it will be the correct teaching.
at least for right then, that present time, yes. It might be seen that nothing more can be learned about that particular concept until that person is able to accept that that "correct teaching" was not the end of that matter. When that is seen to not be this, even though this encompasses that :D

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
at least for right then, that present time, yes. It might be seen that nothing more can be learned about that particular concept until that person is able to accept that that "correct teaching" was not the end of that matter. When that is seen to not be this, even though this encompasses that :D
I think you're right.
We should learn all things correctly,
But must expound on all until we are able to.
I do think that we all reach a point in time when no further understanding can be attained.

Dinner time!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who, where, how, why - who are the other sheep etc = God created all humankind as His sheep to hear and respond to His voice but something went terribly wrong so Jesus came to bring them together again - how He will do this is not fully understood or realised - so guess how ? they will hear again, recognise and respond to the Shepherd's voice and return to the fold - imho - twinc
You have half the answer in your above post: "humankind."

The other fold is not human-kind, but God-kind, those who are born [again] of the spirit of God.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You have half the answer in your above post: "humankind."

The other fold is not human-kind, but God-kind, those who are born [again] of the spirit of God.

not at all born again but again and again and again, forty times forty but Jesus said just once as a Christian - twinc

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
The above happened to me regarding my one unanswered question.
When I became Christian many years ago, I thought I had figured out the problem of evil. I was so content! Everything fit into place.
About 10 years later, I realized a mistake I was making and thus, I really did NOT understand it.

Here we are, many many years later and I've discovered that there is no answer. So we do what you said, just accept and be happy to know the Light of the World.

Likewise, I also have been and may still be guilty of such.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
ezackly, ya. I realized that my "answers" were preventing me from learning better truths on those matters, and that i was hanging on to "answers" meant to serve my perspective at the time, like we do for little kids

Indubitably! Not that I was ever there myself <raises eyebrows and grins>

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, maybe it is in defining "gentiles" that we run into issues, then
Ah yes, for me I have found that the gentiles are heathen, even if they may be by carnal blood, Hebrews [Jews?]. The apostle Paul approached it from the other direction when he said:

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6

So when we are reading scripture we may find phrases speaking of carnal gentiles with is an underlying message with regard to spiritual gentiles [heathen including Jewish ones]. Anyone who is a heathen spiritually [unbeliever] is a heathen even if he can trace his natural parents by blood back to one the original 12 sons of Jacob.

But then you find in scripture those who are definite gentile by natural blood, who seem to be of Israel spiritually... if you get my meaning. For example, Ruth was a Moabitess and what was the Centurion whose servant was healed by Jesus? The whole thing may be understood better if we can understand the difficulties which caused Ezra to pull out his beard. What was the matter with those mixed marriages? It is simple, but may also be complicated.

Perhaps understanding the difference between Jacob and Israel would also help us to understand. Consider how many times in scripture Jacob is still named as Jacob after his name was changed to Israel. I did a short study on this a while back:

The name Israel was given in Gen 32:28. From that verse to Gen 50:26, the word Israel was used 40 times. In the same set of scriptures the name Jacob was used 70 times. Why would this be the case unless Jacob was for the most part still more of a "supplanter or deceiver" than he was "one who would rule as God". God gave him the name but for a very long time he failed to live the role which the new name described for him.

These things make me stop and think every time I come across the words, heathen, gentile, Israel, Jacob and so forth when reading the scripture.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems to me that calling Peter "satan" would make this "once for all time" thingy that people think they are reading a lot clearer?
Perhaps if they recognized that Peter was still "satan" at least part of the time with regard to gentiles until God clarified things for him in Acts chapter 10, they would understand all of it better as well.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott truly what a lot of rot - Christians do not have to be born again as Christians - non Christians have to be born again as Christians - twinc
You lost me.. One can only be born [again] of the spirit of God once: first the flesh, then the spirit. But I'm still not sure that is what you are saying.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You lost me.. One can only be born [again] of the spirit of God once: first the flesh, then the spirit. But I'm still not sure that is what you are saying.

as I have already stated elsewhere and more than once the great error/s and mistake/s and the cause of confusion and division is because we apply to ourselves what does not apply to us - born again was applied to Nicodemus a non Christian and to other non Christians - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Perhaps if they recognized that Peter was still "satan" at least part of the time with regard to gentiles until God clarified things for him in Acts chapter 10, they would understand all of it better as well.
pleased to meet you; hope you guessed my name
but most ppl never even meet their monster i guess

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as I have already stated elsewhere and more than once the great error/s and mistake/s and the cause of confusion and division is because we apply to ourselves what does not apply to us - born again was applied to Nicodemus a non Christian and to other non Christians - twinc
Being born again of the spirit of God is more wide spread than just Nicodemus. In fact, all who would enter the kingdom of heaven must be born of the spirit, for flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Not only Jesus explained, but also Paul, who went on to say that the old man of flesh must die and the new man of the spirit is a new creation.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Being born again of the spirit of God is more wide spread than just Nicodemus. In fact, all who would enter the kingdom of heaven must be born of the spirit, for flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Not only Jesus explained, but also Paul, who went on to say that the old man of flesh must die and the new man of the spirit is a new creation.

I repeat you say but Jesus did not or could not have possibly have said "Christians must be born again as Christians" or any other such rubbish - twinc