One Fold.....One Shepherd ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
seems to me that most of them need to be reborn the worst lol

me thinks some have accepted and would have us also accept that Evangelists like Billy Graham required that only non Christians must be born again as required by Christ - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so are you agreeing that Christians do not need to be born again - I doubt it -twinc
Why do you doubt?

"Christian" is defined differently by different people: Some would say a Christian is one who follows hoping to learn the truth. Some would say a Christian is one who believes, and therefore knows the truth...but waits upon the Lord to be sealed in the day of the Lord, at His coming. Some would say a Christian is one who has been born again of the spirit of God and is a new creation, and has already entered into eternal life.

But we know that some will come to find that although they have called themselves a Christian, Christ never knew them.

It is not what we call ourselves, but what Christ calls us, whether we are a Christian or just kidding ourselves with false religions acts.

So, then, if we identify ourselves as a Christian, it does not mean we are born again of the spirit of God. But, if we are "a child of God" and seek Him and hear His voice, then He is faithful to save us from this organic life and deliver us in new birth in spirit, in the spirit of God.

But, if we are born of water we are only born once, and if we are born [again] of the spirit we are only born again once.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you doubt?

"Christian" is defined differently by different people: Some would say a Christian is one who follows hoping to learn the truth. Some would say a Christian is one who believes, and therefore knows the truth...but waits upon the Lord to be sealed in the day of the Lord, at His coming. Some would say a Christian is one who has been born again of the spirit of God and is a new creation, and has already entered into eternal life.

But we know that some will come to find that although they have called themselves a Christian, Christ never knew them.

It is not what we call ourselves, but what Christ calls us, whether we are a Christian or just kidding ourselves with false religions acts.

So, then, if we identify ourselves as a Christian, it does not mean we are born again of the spirit of God. But, if we are "a child of God" and seek Him and hear His voice, then He is faithful to save us from this organic life and deliver us in new birth in spirit, in the spirit of God.

But, if we are born of water we are only born once, and if we are born [again] of the spirit we are only born again once.

the last line is the crunch of the matter = Christians are born again, once, of the spirit = baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit = see the example and sequence set by Christ at Matt 3:17 = example of a true Christian - a true Christian has a passport and a right to enter heaven when heaven is opened to him/her and whether or not he or others hear the voice saying so imho - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
yes, unfortunately "Christians" are also just people who wear crosses and say they love Jesus lol, even as they worship Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

no denying = alas and sadly so and so we are required[like prodicals] to return not to be re baptized or born again -imho - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pleased to meet you; hope you guessed my name

but most ppl never even meet their monster i guess

What I see is that each of us has a monster [or monsters] within which needs to done away with or killed. Sometimes it may seem convenient for some to say that some other critter [red with horns, a pointed tail and armed with a pitchfork] is the real culprit. Whether such a critter exists or not doesn't remove from us the choice we always have to do something our own way or God's Way. Blaming it on some other devil doesn't leave this devil faultless.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
imo they were never baptized or born again yet anyway, those are real-life concepts, not rituals that can be accomplished in a church.

no not at all - we are told and required to work the works of God = baptism is a work of God worked by men - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
yes, unfortunately "Christians" are also just people who wear crosses and say they love Jesus lol, even as they worship Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

so what exactly are you saying or implying except or other than that Christians must be born again - this just is not so - but again and sgain and again could be - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so what exactly are you saying or implying except or other than that Christians must be born again - this just is not so - but again and sgain and again could be - twinc
Peter was either in God's will, and then wasn't, and then was again after that, or none of that is true, and i'll let you decide.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Twinc you are writing in circles..asked and ANSWERED...now change the record.
Keep on asking the same question does not equal a different answer! LOL

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Peter was either in God's will, and then wasn't, and then was again after that, or none of that is true, and i'll let you decide.

you decide - was Peter baptized before or after Pentecost or never - how do we know - who decides or is baptism unnecessary to be a Christian - go and baptize = do unto others as you would unto yourselves imho - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you decide - was Peter baptized before or after Pentecost or never - how do we know - who decides or is baptism unnecessary to be a Christian - go and baptize = do unto others as you would unto yourselves imho - twinc
i guess i kinda have to mirror ByGrace here, wadr--you have introduced about 5 different subjects here, sorry if i can't follow along.

Reactions: Helen