One God has spoken

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We all should know when Jesus said in John 8. And many places for example v42 for I proceeded forth and came from God ; neither came I of myself , but he sent me .
Now read Isaiah 44.24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone , that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself . Jesus never spoke like this ever , he always acknowledged God as his father also . Was Jesus formed in a womb ? Was Jesus with the father before the world also spiritually ? Yes but he was with God and not the Very God himself or Jesus would have said so , as God himself has said many many times like this verse in Isaiah.
So God is with Jesus , that does not make Jesus God , can a creation be creator or one formed in the womb be creator . Not according to Jesus . Or The father who is God alone.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We all should know when Jesus said in John 8. And many places for example v42 for I proceeded forth and came from God ; neither came I of myself , but he sent me .
Now read Isaiah 44.24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone , that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself . Jesus never spoke like this ever , he always acknowledged God as his father also . Was Jesus formed in a womb ? Was Jesus with the father before the world also spiritually ? Yes but he was with God and not the Very God himself or Jesus would have said so , as God himself has said many many times like this verse in Isaiah.
So God is with Jesus , that does not make Jesus God , can a creation be creator or one formed in the womb be creator . Not according to Jesus . Or The father who is God alone.
Are you another JW? or some other group?

If you are do not be ashamed to say - it just helps us be clear of who we are connecting with.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you another JW? or some other group?

If you are do not be ashamed to say - it just helps us be clear of who we are connecting with.
No I’m not JW at all . Im a Bible believer , and prayerfully listen to the word of God for many decades now . Jesus is the Son of God the Christ come in the flesh sent to save sinners . I’m very pleased with the scriptures, love the Psalms they are really touching to me . God really loves us all more than we can know , but false teachings have been robbing us for centuries now . Yet the word is still true and Jesus said continue in my word and the truth will set you free . Deception is rampant , but not to those that hold to the word in truth .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No I’m not JW at all . Im a Bible believer , and prayerfully listen to the word of God for many decades now . Jesus is the Son of God the Christ come in the flesh sent to save sinners . I’m very pleased with the scriptures, love the Psalms they are really touching to me . God really loves us all more than we can know , but false teachings have been robbing us for centuries now . Yet the word is still true and Jesus said continue in my word and the truth will set you free . Deception is rampant , but not to those that hold to the word in truth .
Thank you for you reply.

I have been a born again Christian for 45 years and not even once have I ever come across another born again Christian who didn't believe that Jesus is God.

We obviously read this same scripture many times but understand different things from it.

To be honest I don't know how that is possible when it's the same Holy Spirit revealing God's Word to us.

John 1:1-3
The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Reactions: GEN2REV

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us.

This is the verse I think of whenever I hear someone say Jesus was nothing more than a human with Gods Spirit, nothing more than a created being like us.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us.

This is the verse I think of whenever I hear someone say Jesus was nothing more than a human with Gods Spirit, nothing more than a created being like us.
How anybody can read and re-read John 1:1-3 and still not be convinced that jesus is God incarnate I can not imagine. Not to mention:

John 1:4-5 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

How can a mere man accomlish this?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How anybody can read and re-read John 1:1-3 and still not be convinced that jesus is God incarnate I can not imagine. Not to mention:

John 1:4-5 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

How can a mere man accomlish this?

I don’t understand it either. They grab onto some verses and don’t see others, so they become like a cake not turned, a half baked cake. They see all verses about His humanity and cannot see all verses about His divinity. It’s a…partial blindness.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t understand it either. They grab onto some verses and don’t see others, so they become like a cake not turned, a half baked cake. They see all verses about His humanity and cannot see all verses about His divinity. It’s a…partial blindness.
And then those unable to see the fulness of the Gospel then pass it on to others ad infinitum. So many blind leading the blind. After coming down to us clear and true for centuries, how the gospel as become so distorted in recent years.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for you reply.

I have been a born again Christian for 45 years and not even once have I ever come across another born again Christian who didn't believe that Jesus is God.

We obviously read this same scripture many times but understand different things from it.

To be honest I don't know how that is possible when it's the same Holy Spirit revealing God's Word to us.

John 1:1-3
The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Yes your understanding is formed by false understanding from years ago , if you look at this verse and understand that God spoke the word , and he was before the word existed, obviously it’s of God since it comes from God . It makes more sense . Jesus was created by God , the creation was completed when he was born in Bethlehem. Or do you think Jesus was complete before ? Then he is not come in the flesh. And that’s error according to scriptures. And said to be anti christ in spirit . 1 John
If you except the false notion that Jesus is God , it’s easy to substitute God with Jesus . But the Fact is Jesus is not God himself . But he is the Son of God as Jesus has claimed and God as well . Show one Scripture that states Jesus is God , not a verse like this one you mentioned, it’s twistable . A clear unmistakable verse . Like the one in Isaiah that you can not seem to understand.

Reactions: Wrangler

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes your understanding is formed by false understanding from years ago , if you look at this verse and understand that God spoke the word , and he was before the word existed, obviously it’s of God since it comes from God . It makes more sense . Jesus was created by God , the creation was completed when he was born in Bethlehem. Or do you think Jesus was complete before ? Then he is not come in the flesh. And that’s error according to scriptures. And said to be anti christ in spirit . 1 John
If you except the false notion that Jesus is God , it’s easy to substitute God with Jesus . But the Fact is Jesus is not God himself . But he is the Son of God as Jesus has claimed and God as well . Show one Scripture that states Jesus is God , not a verse like this one you mentioned, it’s twistable . A clear unmistakable verse . Like the one in Isaiah that you can not seem to understand.
I'm sorry I do not see it like that. And no other Christian I have ever met denied the FACT that Jesus is God in human form. Of course there is also God the Father and there is God the Holy Spirit but it's mostly Watchtower followers rather than followers of Jesus who deny his deity quite so persistently.

Reactions: marks

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry I do not see it like that. And no other Christian I have ever met denied the FACT that Jesus is God in human form. Of course there is also God the Father and there is God the Holy Spirit but it's mostly Watchtower followers rather than followers of Jesus who deny his deity quite so persistently.
I just follow scriptures, Jesus is the Son of God , not a man father , how is that denying Jesus as Devine ?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simon Peter said to Jesus "You are the son of God" and Jesus said "yup"..:) (Matthew 16:13:17)

And another disciple said, my Lord and my God, and Jesus didn’t correct him.
One verse does not negate another verse.
Jesus was not lying when He said He was the Son of God.
Jesus was also not lying when He said, before Abraham was, I AM.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just follow scriptures, Jesus is the Son of God , not a man father , how is that denying Jesus as Devine ?
But do you read scriptures with the insight of the Holy Spirit?
And even if you don't how can you fail to see that the Word -Jesus - was with God and the Word - Jesus - was God. And is God.

What do you believe that says?

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But do you read scriptures with the insight of the Holy Spirit?
And even if you don't how can you fail to see that the Word -Jesus - was with God and the Word - Jesus - was God. And is God.

What do you believe that says?
Yes without the Holy Spirit we would be most likely deceived these days . God is the father of all his word , Jesus ,me and you and everything else . When you understand this fact that verse will fit properly.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And another disciple said, my Lord and my God, and Jesus didn’t correct him.
One verse does not negate another verse.
Jesus was not lying when He said He was the Son of God.
Jesus was also not lying when He said, before Abraham was, I AM.
Did you notice that when Jesus said before Abraham was I Am , he stopped short of saying GOD ? yes Jesus came from God that’s why he is the Son of GOD and not GOD himself , only 1 God but you seem to avoid that fact .
Tomas called Jesus My God and Jesus did not confirm it , but Jesus did confirm Peter for testimony call him the Son of the living God . Remember Thomas was no master of understanding or faith at that time . I have no problem with Thomas saying that in his ignorance. Many people choose their god it does not make it Right .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes without the Holy Spirit we would be most likely deceived these days . God is the father of all his word , Jesus ,me and you and everything else . When you understand this fact that verse will fit properly.
I do understand but still don't get your take on it. I agree that Jesus is God's son. But not just a mere man - he was supernaturally conceived and was without sin. Not just that he never sinned but that he was actually completely without sin.

So many people accept untruths because they can't get their heads around the enormity of Jesus being God. But looking at God logically will never get you to the truth of things. We have to accept the truths - even seemingly impossible ones - in our hearts by the Spirit and not in our minds through logic.

But I wish you well.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do understand but still don't get your take on it. I agree that Jesus is God's son. But not just a mere man - he was supernaturally conceived and was without sin. Not just that he never sinned but that he was actually completely without sin.

So many people accept untruths because they can't get their heads around the enormity of Jesus being God. But looking at God logically will never get you to the truth of things. We have to accept the truths - even seemingly impossible ones - in our hearts by the Spirit and not in our minds through logic.

But I wish you well.
@Pearl It's all in the nature of accepting what is revealed in Scripture, right?

Reactions: Pearl

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m not denying the fact that God is with Jesus , that does not make Jesus God or we would have 2 Gods and scriptures are clear that there is only 1 God . Find a verse that says Jesus is God , or even better Jesus saying he is God , or God saying Jesus is himself . I know they don’t exist so don’t bother trying to find them .

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
only 1 God but you seem to avoid that fact .
Correct only one God who made us in his image with three parts to us.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. If Jesus isn't God how can He indwell his followers?