Only The Pope And Roman Catholicism, Has The Authentic Interpretation Of Scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Timothy 1:13-14 Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus;
[14] guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.

2 Timothy 2:2 and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

Where in scripture is anything entrusted to individuals? Oh, I forgot, truth7t7 doesn't answer questions, he just repeats the same bashing lunacies and calls it a discussion.

"Entrusted" is not a dirty word, contrary to truth7t7's arrogant Catholic bashing.
"Entrusted Solely" with the authentic interpretation of God's word" applies only to Catholic teaching, not Martin Luther or John Calvin, or Charles Parham , or William J. Seymour or the lies of Calvinist Matt Slick. We also consider the Early Church Father's unanimous teachings to be authentic interpretations, but you have nothing to do with them because none of them were Protestants.

http://coldcasechristianity.com/201...ment-from-the-writings-of-the-church-fathers/

STOP YOUR STUPID CATHOLIC BASHING.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bashing will continue as long as the RCC continues to eliminate scripture as the source for their doctrine

A long time ago, my son went into a Romish church, got one of those big flat cookies, crumbled it and dropped it on the floor. They chased him through the church but he finally escaped. I don't think I've ever been more proud of him.

I love Catholics, but I detest their evil political church. Their interpretation of scripture obviously is heavily influenced by the god of this world, who probably has his own suite of rooms in the big "V".

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A long time ago, my son went into a Romish church, got one of those big flat cookies, crumbled it and dropped it on the floor. They chased him through the church but he finally escaped. I don't think I've ever been more proud of him.

I love Catholics

Intetesting... You love Catholics but youre proud of your son for stomping on their most sacred beliefs...

Have you considered that if what we teach and believe about the Eucharist is true... What then was he doing?

May God forgive him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No - the only thing that is "false" here is YOUR lie regarding the incorrect title of "Roman" Catholic Catechism.
No such publication even exists . . .
Why are you quibbling about "Roman"? It is called the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), which has its center of authority in the Vatican, which is in Rome. It is certainly not the catechism of the Orthodox Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you quibbling about "Roman"? It is called the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), which has its center of authority in the Vatican, which is in Rome. It is certainly not the catechism of the Orthodox Church.
Why??
TWO
reasons:

a. Truth7t7 has repeatedly made false claims about the "Roman Catholic Catechism".
There is NO such publication on the planet. There is only the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

b. There is NO such thing as the "Roman" Catholic Church. There ois ponly "The Catholic Church."
"Roman"
or "Latin" simply refers to the RITE. there are 20 Rites that comprise the Catholic Church and they are ALL in communion with the Bishop of Rome. Some of these include the Maronite Rite, Melkite Rite, Byzantine Rite, Coptic Rite and so on.

"Roman" Catholic Church" and "RCC" , when referring to the Catholic Church at large are simply expressions of ignorance.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bashing will continue as long as the RCC continues to eliminate scripture as the source for their doctrine.
I've read a LOT of ignorant drivel on this forum - but this one takes the cake.
Ummmmmm, would you mind substantiating this claim?

How has the Catholic Church "eliminated" Scripture??
I can't wait to hear this one . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be the most despicable thing I've ever read.

You were actually "proud" of your son for desecrating somebody's religious service?
Did you ever see Jesus do anything like that against ANYBODY during His life??

What a disgusting statement . . . .

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 3:1-7
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
NKJV

Are you made perfect by your physical works in religion? Verse 2 and 3

How can anyone place their future in eternity in the hands of men who sin just like everyone else? Those that refuse to see the evil in the RCC (CC) to some, are blinded to the evil others see in the RCC (CC)

Jesus did not shed His blood on a cross so that some men could live in luxury and rule over others while doing it. IMO the RCC or CC, what ever, has the blood of those they had put to death on its hands and those that support them are just as guilty by association and supporting them..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 3:1-7
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
NKJV

Are you made perfect by your physical works in religion? Verse 2 and 3

How can anyone place their future in eternity in the hands of men who sin just like everyone else? Those that refuse to see the evil in the RCC (CC) to some, are blinded to the evil others see in the RCC (CC)

Jesus did not shed His blood on a cross so that some men could live in luxury and rule over others while doing it. IMO the RCC or CC, what ever, has the blood of those they had put to death on its hands and those that support them are just as guilty by association and supporting them..
Why would you put your future in ANY man's hands??
WHO told you t o do that?? Certainly NOT the Catholic Church.

What anti-Catholics like YOU fail to admit is that ALL Christian sects are made up of flawed, sinful human beings - and Christ's Church is NO different. But, HE chose to build it from human beings anyway . . .

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which "individual believer" has the authority to interpret scripture? You?
Which "individual believer" out of millions of Protestants, has the authority to interpret scripture consistently?
The "individual believer" has more authority than the Church that gave us the Bible in the first place?
Your church (if you have one) has no authority to set boundaries for interpreting scripture, and the individual can make any false interpretation they like, because you have deified the individual believers opinions???
Who gave you the authority to interpret the catechism totally out of context? Your private opinion?
Please tell me why the Pentecostal church, each member having the Holy Spirit, has fragmented into 100 denominations in a few short years of its existence.
All Protestant denominations have doctrinal boundaries for interpreting scripture, and you think the historic Church doesn't have the right to do what every Protestant denomination does. What hypocrisy!!!

The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically in accordance with Catholic teaching, and you are saying the Church, that gave us the Bible in the first place, doesn't have the right? No church has the right to set boundaries if it doesn't square with your private opinions??? Do you give any credibility to 2000 of consistent teaching at all? When did your private opinion trump the canon of Scripture?

Because one paragraph you take out of content that doesn't present the entire teaching on interpretation DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN AUTHORITY ON THE CATECHISM. Do you abuse scripture the same way? If something is absent in one verse does that mean it is non-existent?

We don't read the catechism the way you read the Bible. You read the catechism the way a Muslim reads the Koran!

You post over top of #10 11, and 13, ignoring everything I say, and delude yourself into thinking this is a civilized discussion. It is not. There is nothing "Christian" about your abuse and constant Catholic bashing over 1 paragraph you rip out of context.

Go find a Protestant who follows their church's boundaries and bash them instead.
I as an individual believer in Jesus Christ filled with the Holy Spirit of promise, have the authority and authentic interpretation of God's word's.

No Pope, Bishop, or Catholic Church Needed!

1 John 2:26-27KJV
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I as an individual believer in Jesus Christ filled with the Holy Spirit of promise, have the authority and authentic interpretation of God's word's

Thats a bold statement. Are you willing to take the responsibility for all those who listen to and follow your authentic, authoratative interpretation?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intetesting... You love Catholics but youre proud of your son for stomping on their most sacred beliefs...

Have you considered that if what we teach and believe about the Eucharist is true... What then was he doing?

May God forgive him
He surely didn't cast Jesus to the ground, as the teaching that the actual body and blood of Jesus is found in the waffer and cup is just another false tradition of man.

That would also be to proclaim the several catholic child molesting priest's were used to perform this proclaimed miracle?

Will you proclaim the actual body, blood, and child molesting priest also?

Did those attending mass under the pedofile priest's get short changed on communion with the Catholic Christ?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats a bold statement. Are you willing to take the responsibility for all those who listen to and follow your authentic, authoratative interpretation?
That's a false bold statement below.

Only the Catholic Pope, And Bishops Are solely entrusted with the authentic interpretation of scripture?

reformation-day.jpg

VaticanWebsite

Catholic Church Catechism (100)

100 The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He surely didn't cast Jesus to the ground, as the teaching that the actual body and blood of Jesus is found in the waffer and cup is just another false tradition of man.

So you believe.
But with no evidence to contradict what we teach and believe, prudence would suggest you NOT 'treat it as an unclean thing'

I am off to Mass. I willl pray for your forgiveness and for your sons as well.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe.
But with no evidence to contradict what we teach and believe, prudence would suggest you NOT 'treat it as an unclean thing'

I am off to Mass. I willl pray for your forgiveness and for your sons as well.
My forgiveness, and for my son's?

Is this so we may be spared from the papal curse and inquisition, will the crucifix, double cross, rack, thumb screws, cauldron, bed of nails, or iron virgin, be invoked?

Dominican, Franscican, Jesuit order ?

Pictures Below:

Roman Catholics in Spain and Portugal parading around the streets, in what is dress from the inquisition period.

Called the "Capirote", different colors were inquisition punishment, "Red" was death.

Of course the Popes allows this hatred to continue.

"Brotherhoods In We Kill For Catholicism""

Imagine, parading around in Catholic inquisition garb in 2018, really?

100% Hatred, Blessed By The Pope!

Wikipedia: Holy Week in Malaga (in Spanish Semana Santa en Málaga), is the annual commemoration of the Passion of Jesus Christ that takes place during the last week of Lent, the week immediately before Easter. It is one of the main cultural events, religious and tourist attraction of Málaga.

Wikipedia: Capirote
Page issues

220px-Lagrimas_-_Fusionadas.jpg

Procession of the Reales Cofradías Fusionadas in Malaga, has more than 900 nazarenos
220px-Pollinica_-_Mayordomo.jpg

Brotherhood with green capirotes in Malaga
220px-SevillaNazarenoHSanRoque02.JPG

Brotherhood of Saint Rochus with velvet capirotes

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

May God forgive him
The cookie thing has nothing to do with the members of the church. It's all RCC, which I detest. Is there anything you guys believe in that's truly Boblical?

May God forgive him

Surely you jest. The Eucharist thing is an obvious false belief, just like the other 95% of your teaching that has zero Biblical support. That 95% isn't even valid enough to be considered oral tradition. It is all pure fabrication to support some new fake heresy that will add to the political power of your fake church.

Reactions: LC627

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Eucharist thing is an obvious false belief

Obvious? How so? If you can prove to me that the Eucharist is not the Body and Blood of Christ, and that a cohesive body of christians (the true church) has been condeming this heresy all through the history of the church, i will renounce my faith right now and join this 'beacon on a hill' that you will demonstrate.

If you cant do that, you should stop judging your brethren, and think again about sacrilege.

I shall not warn you again.

Peace!

B

brakelite

The "sola scriptura" thing is used as a strawman argument. IT isn't about sola scriptura, its about authority. Yes, we may hear from God through sources other than scripture. Friends may be imspired to counsel us as to God's vision for our future. Songs, hymns, poetry, and other literature may be used to inspire, encourage, correct, as well as providence and nature in bringing to us a knowledge of God. But none of those things are authoritative. ONLY scripture is the final authority. And in proclaiming themselves as the only interpreters of scripture, the leaders of Catholicism have resolutely placed themselves above the authority of scripture. They have becomes antichrist by placing their own interpretation of scripture between man and Christ, displacing the work of Christ through the Holy Spirit of Christ as sole Mediator between God and man.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obvious? How so? If you can prove to me that the Eucharist is not the Body and Blood of Christ, and that a cohesive body of christians (the true church) has been condeming this heresy all through the history of the church, i will renounce my faith right now and join this 'beacon on a hill' that you will demonstrate.

If you cant do that, you should stop judging your brethren, and think again about sacrilege.

I shall not warn you again.

Peace!
I could care less what you do. You're catholic and, by definition, that makes you a flaming, full-fledged heretic. About 95% of what you believe in is not Biblical.

What are you going to do? Put me on the rack? Probably, every catholic church has a mandatory fully equipped dungeon where they're all waiting, drooling, with glowing eyes, with their horns well polished, with great anticipation for the time when they can start torturing people again. Ah, for the good old days. They surely have some new tortures figured out. Torture surely is the best way to get conversions. It most always works.

I question whether those Catholics who adhere tightly to the Catholic doctrine are saved. The way I understand salvation, as explained by Paul, who is the ONLY apostle to the Gentiles and, therefore, is always the very last word that any Gentile should listen to and obey, all one needs to do is believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and God raised Him up after 3 days. ANYTHING added to this simplicity, works or whatever, detracts from this salvation, and very likely cancels the salvation. In other words, I really question that any faithful Catholic is saved, since they have made salvation much more complicated.

Christ had several real brothers and sisters, mothered by Mary, though, at least according to the real Bibles.

Show me in the Bible where it says that when you feed somebody one of those big stupid cookies, he is actually eating Christ's body. Catholics never met a metaphor that they accepted as a metaphor. Then show me where, you as a Gentile, have permission to own what was given only to the 12, and/or Israel. Also, since no Gentiles during Christ's ministry were allowed to participate in any of those all-Israel things, at the time, like the bread and wine thing, show me, in scripture, where it says that Gentiles are now allowed to participate. Also, isn't it unlawful for Gentiles to participate in the Passover?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "sola scriptura" thing is used as a strawman argument. IT isn't about sola scriptura, its about authority. Yes, we may hear from God through sources other than scripture. Friends may be imspired to counsel us as to God's vision for our future. Songs, hymns, poetry, and other literature may be used to inspire, encourage, correct, as well as providence and nature in bringing to us a knowledge of God. But none of those things are authoritative. ONLY scripture is the final authority. And in proclaiming themselves as the only interpreters of scripture, the leaders of Catholicism have resolutely placed themselves above the authority of scripture. They have becomes antichrist by placing their own interpretation of scripture between man and Christ, displacing the work of Christ through the Holy Spirit of Christ as sole Mediator between God and man.
That's funny - because Scripture DOESN'T say that.
As a matter of fact - Scripture says that Christ's CHURCH is the final authority . . .

Matt 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter (Kepha), and upon this rock (Kepha) I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
"If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.

If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught by US, WHETHER BY an ORAL STATEMENT - OR BY a letter from us."

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

Uhhhhh, can YOU show me a verse that says the same thing about Scripture??
I didn't think so . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.