Only The Pope And Roman Catholicism, Has The Authentic Interpretation Of Scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I could care less what you do. You're catholic and, by definition, that makes you a flaming, full-fledged heretic. About 95% of what you believe in is not Biblical.
ALL of Catholic teaching and doctrines is based directly or indirectly on scripture. You are too busy deifying brainless anti-Catholic slogans.

What are you going to do? Put me on the rack? Probably, every catholic church has a mandatory fully equipped dungeon where they're all waiting, drooling, with glowing eyes, with their horns well polished, with great anticipation for the time when they can start torturing people again. Ah, for the good old days. They surely have some new tortures figured out. Torture surely is the best way to get conversions. It most always works.
This is "Bible Christian" hate speech, and nothing more. I challenge you to find a PROTESTANT historian of the last 50 years that agrees with your drivel.

I question whether those Catholics who adhere tightly to the Catholic doctrine are saved. The way I understand salvation, as explained by Paul, who is the ONLY apostle to the Gentiles and, therefore, is always the very last word that any Gentile should listen to and obey, all one needs to do is believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and God raised Him up after 3 days. ANYTHING added to this simplicity, works or whatever, detracts from this salvation, and very likely cancels the salvation. In other words, I really question that any faithful Catholic is saved, since they have made salvation much more complicated.
You question Catholic doctrine but show no evidence of having read it.
Catechism of the Catholic Church - Grace and justification
What's that? Scripture citations in the catechism??? SHOCKING!!! SHOCKING!!!
SALVATION - Scripture Catholic
Catholicism teaches essentially the same about salvation as you. You are just too arrogant and hostile to notice.
Christ had several real brothers and sisters, mothered by Mary, though, at least according to the real Bibles.
No, according to 19th century modernists and atheists. Before that, not a single PROTESTANT denomination on the planet taught the false man made tradition. Not any early reformers either. Are you a reforming reformer of the former reformists?Jesus Brothers and Mary's Perpetual Virginity -- Catholic Apologetics, Philosophy, Spirituality

Show me in the Bible where it says that when you feed somebody one of those big stupid cookies, he is actually eating Christ's body. Catholics never met a metaphor that they accepted as a metaphor. Then show me where, you as a Gentile, have permission to own what was given only to the 12, and/or Israel. Also, since no Gentiles during Christ's ministry were allowed to participate in any of those all-Israel things, at the time, like the bread and wine thing, show me, in scripture, where it says that Gentiles are now allowed to participate. Also, isn't it unlawful for Gentiles to participate in the Passover?
The Passover of Christ was not "finished" until Jesus drank the 4th cup on the cross, and 4 cups of wine was standard for the seder/Passover meal. You have been shown, probably several times. You just have no supernatural faith. Do you think blaspheming the Eucharist bolsters up your personal beliefs? How is that working for you?

Does the Holy Spirit guide you to forum sadism and anti-Catholic bigotry ???

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I could care less what you do. You're catholic and, by definition, that makes you a flaming, full-fledged heretic. About 95% of what you believe in is not Biblical.

What are you going to do? Put me on the rack? Probably, every catholic church has a mandatory fully equipped dungeon where they're all waiting, drooling, with glowing eyes, with their horns well polished, with great anticipation for the time when they can start torturing people again. Ah, for the good old days. They surely have some new tortures figured out. Torture surely is the best way to get conversions. It most always works.

I question whether those Catholics who adhere tightly to the Catholic doctrine are saved. The way I understand salvation, as explained by Paul, who is the ONLY apostle to the Gentiles and, therefore, is always the very last word that any Gentile should listen to and obey, all one needs to do is believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and God raised Him up after 3 days. ANYTHING added to this simplicity, works or whatever, detracts from this salvation, and very likely cancels the salvation. In other words, I really question that any faithful Catholic is saved, since they have made salvation much more complicated.

Christ had several real brothers and sisters, mothered by Mary, though, at least according to the real Bibles.

Show me in the Bible where it says that when you feed somebody one of those big stupid cookies, he is actually eating Christ's body. Catholics never met a metaphor that they accepted as a metaphor. Then show me where, you as a Gentile, have permission to own what was given only to the 12, and/or Israel. Also, since no Gentiles during Christ's ministry were allowed to participate in any of those all-Israel things, at the time, like the bread and wine thing, show me, in scripture, where it says that Gentiles are now allowed to participate. Also, isn't it unlawful for Gentiles to participate in the Passover?
MESSAGE TO THE MODERATOR IN THE REPORT WINDOW:
We don't mind refuting the usual anti-Catholic lies and falsehoods. In fact, it gives us an opportunity. But when it comes to blaspheming the Eucharist, that is where the fun stops.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only The Pope And Roman Catholicism, Has The Authentic Interpretation Of Scripture?
No. That is another one of many misrepresentations on the CARM forum.

Let's see paragraph 100 really says: (the paragraph number is quoted by Matt Slick, but not the paragraph)
100 The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him.

It doesn't apply to Protestants. It applies to Catholic teaching. No interpretation is imposed on anybody. Where is the word "only"? Here is a re-word:
The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Baptist Church...
The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Evangelical Church.
The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to Matt Slick.

Without qualifying context, Matt's summary is absurd. If a Calvinist theology professor started teaching Arminian theology, he would soon be out of a job. Every denomination has rules, guidelines or parameters for interpretation, as it applies to them. There is nothing sinister in this. Matt's "summary" is designed to arouse suspicion.

Why does the CC teach that Protestant churches are a source of grace and a means to salvation?
(CCC817-820)

Is Matt lying? Is Matt misrepresenting? Is Matt's isolated summary fair? A falsehood? You decide.

See
MATT SLICK EXPOSED

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice you didnt answer the question...

Are you willing to take the responsibility for all those who listen to and follow your authentic, authoratative interpretation?
I'm 100% responsible for my teaching, You Wish You Could Say The Same For The Fallible Pope.

The Roman Catholic Pope Is Not Infallible, And He is Not The Vicar Of Christ On This Earth!

The Roman Catholic Church Does Not Have Sole Authentic Interpretation Of God's Word's As The CCC 100 Falsely Claims.

The Succession Of The True Church Was Not Handed Down To Roman Catholicism By Peter, The RCC Has Persecuted The True Christian Chuch, Found Outside Of It's Doors.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you claim it is authentic and authoritative... Yes!
The RCC Is A Farce Phil, I Have Nothing Personal Against You, The Pope Is Infallible?

A Joke!

CCC 100, The RCC Has The Authentic Interpretation Of Scripture?

A Joke!

I'm 100% responsible for my teaching, You Wish You Could Say The Same For The Fallible Pope, That Goes Along With Fallible Me And You, No Different We Are Human Men.

The Roman Catholic Pope Is Not Infallible, And He is Not The Vicar Of Christ On This Earth!

The Roman Catholic Church Does Not Have Sole Authentic Interpretation Of God's Word's As The CCC 100 Falsely Claims.

The Succession Of The True Church Was Not Handed Down To Roman Catholicism By Peter, The RCC Has Persecuted The True Christian Chuch, Found Outside Of It's Doors.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really? They have been doing exactly for well-nigh 2,000 years.
Running from Philip James' question with another stupid flaming zinger? You have authentic and authoritive interpretation and nobody else does?

The full doctrine of the Trinity was developed over several councils. It was challenged by "Bible alone" heretics. (Arius, Nestorius, Apollinarius and a legion of others.)

The authoritive verdicts of these councils is accepted by Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox, including the canon of scripture itself. I don't know what you are.

This is why you have to re-write history and ignore the Early Church Fathers to make it fit your presuppositions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Running from Philip James' question with another stupid flaming zinger? You have authentic and authoritive interpretation and nobody else does?

The full doctrine of the Trinity was developed over several councils. It was challenged by "Bible alone" heretics. (Arius, Nestorius, Apollinarius and a legion of others.)

The authoritive verdicts of these councils is accepted by Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox, including the canon of scripture itself. I don't know what you are.

This is why you have to re-write history and ignore the Early Church Fathers to make it fit your presuppositions.
The first council of Nicea was called by Roman Emperor Constatine in 325AD, 1800 Bishops were invited, all expenses paid by the Emperor, only 300 showed up, or 17% of Bishops.

Christianity already had it's belief before Emperor Constatine's Council, And His New State Church being Built On Vatican Hill Rome, In The St. Peter's Basilica.

When You Think Of True Christianity, Think Of The 1500/83% of Bishops That Didn't Attend.

True Christianity does not find it's roots in Constatines Vatican Hill Rome, Or His St Peter's Basilica.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THIS IS HOW THE FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH STARTED:

Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit . . .

So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles. And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common . . . Acts 2:37-38, 41-44

This was the start of the church.

Reactions: Philip James

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you trace that succession of the True Church for me?
Peace!
Yes, I would also be VERY interested to see Truth7t7 trace the "true Church" all the way back to the Apostles.

Can you do that for us??

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I would also be VERY interested to see Truth7t7 trace the "true Church" all the way back to the Apostles.

Can you do that for us??
ONE thing I do know, my Christian heritage Isn't found in Constatines Vatican Hill At St. Peter's Basilica In Rome.

The first council of Nicea was called by Roman Emperor Constatine in 325AD, 1800 Bishops were invited, all expenses paid by the Emperor, only 300 showed up, or 17% of Bishops.

Christianity already had it's belief before Emperor Constatine's Council, And His New State Church being Built On Vatican Hill Rome, In The St. Peter's Basilica.

When You Think Of True Christianity, Think Of The 1500/83% of Bishops That Didn't Attend.

True Christianity does not find it's roots in Constatines Vatican Hill Rome, Or His St Peter's Basilica.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

@BreadOfLife "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God...For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart... Luke 4:4, Hebrews 4:12.

Now you may well cite the following as evidence we must obey the church,

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

But such as the above instructions are conditional on the following...

2 Cor 4:1 ¶ Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

The elders of the church commend themselves to our conscience. So the final decision still lies with us as to who we submit to. God does not require we submit to the authority of Antichrist, seeing as how deceitful and crafty he is in handling the word of God. Claiming to be the right church or claiming to have the holy Spirit or claiming to have all authority doesn't make it so.

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The drive-by-shooter has not posted for a week.
You talking about the Priest's and Nun's in Rawanda's Genocide, need a hit man or woman, dial 911-pope

TheGuardian

5616.jpg

Pope Francis asks for forgiveness for church's role in Rwanda genocide

Pontiff acknowledges some Catholic priests and nuns ‘succumbed to hatred and violence’ by taking part in 1994 killings

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God...For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart... Luke 4:4, Hebrews 4:12.

Now you may well cite the following as evidence we must obey the church,

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

But such as the above instructions are conditional on the following...

2 Cor 4:1 ¶ Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

The elders of the church commend themselves to our conscience. So the final decision still lies with us as to who we submit to. God does not require we submit to the authority of Antichrist, seeing as how deceitful and crafty he is in handling the word of God. Claiming to be the right church or claiming to have the holy Spirit or claiming to have all authority doesn't make it so.

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Nobody said ANYTHING about submitting to "Antichrist."
God's Word says that we must submit to AUTHORITY of Christ's Church:

Matt 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
"If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the CHURCH. If he refuses to listen even to the CHURCH, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught by US, WHETHER BY an ORAL STATEMENT - OR BY a letter from us."

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONE thing I do know, my Christian heritage Isn't found in Constatines Vatican Hill At St. Peter's Basilica In Rome.
That's NOT what I asked.
I asked if you could YOU could trace for us the "true Church" all the way back to the Apostles.

So far, you have FAILED to do so - and something tells me you will continue to fail as you take more desperate jabs at the Catholic Church.

Now - CAN you give us a detailed account of the "true Church" from the time of the Apostles to when they were supposedly being "persecuted" by the Catholic Church?

I EAGERLY await your historically-researched response . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.