Open your eyes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is ALL I wanted, I was tired of being bombarded with the self imagined/created "beliefs" of others, each as different as night and day, and with no basis!
So many "Religions" and "gods" out there but, I just felt there was ONE TRUE GOD, and why would all of these others be created? Well, could it be....SATAN!!!....Old SNL anyone? :D
Satan is chaos. The God of the bible is a God of order. How can ANYONE be content to just make up their "own" truth and, be good with that?? That is deep denial, well I found it was for me anyhow.
The God of the bible claims what no other god has claimed.
I had suddenly just wanted the Truth whether I liked it or not! And, IMHO - if one really does "want" Truth...they will find it. ♥

Psalm 34
"Taste and see that the LORD is good;

blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

9Fear the LORD, you His saints,

for those who fear Him lack nothing.

10Young lions go lacking and hungry,

but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing."

I remember the church lady! I'm really old. I also remember Rosanna Rosanna Danna and Two Wild and Crazy Guys. When I was 15 me and a friend would stay up late to watch SNL.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People shouldn't think in terms of good and evil, because they can't substantiate it's boundaries. Good and evil is the same fruit on the same tree, is it not?

Ugh...what are you saying?
Substantiate its boundaries..? What do you mean?

A man walked up to a five year old in the mall of America and threw him over the second story balcony. You know darn well it was an evil thing to do and I know you know it was!

Reactions: Nancy and JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah as really if that is not evil do not know what is. But the five year old boy is now recovering and said to be alerted.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I like your poem

It is your intolerance that bothers me
You should judge based on what you actually know about others, rather than what you believe about them. I said this in the thread (in and out) that beliefs will never guarantee certainty. I know the Christian says that they know their going to heaven to be with Jesus, that the Bible is the truth. But certainty is based on the facts you know, not on the beliefs you can't prove.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should judge based on what you actually know about others, rather than what you believe about them. I said this in the thread (in and out) that beliefs will never guarantee certainty. I know the Christian says that they know their going to heaven to be with Jesus, that the Bible is the truth. But certainty is based on the facts you know, not on the beliefs you can't prove.

JJ, don't you suppose he actually read your threads to come to the conclusion that you were intolerant of our biblical beliefs?? You may have changed your mind some, and that's okay, but you truly were intolerant at first.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you now back to saying it cannot be known for sure whether God exists or not? (No shenanigans, just answer honestly. If your answer is yes, it's perfectly fine to say, yeah, that's where I am. I want to believe He does, I hope He does, but I'm not certain.)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Going to Heaven is healing
Like a sick person becoming healthy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am judging your responses based on reading them

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Ugh...what are you saying?
Substantiate its boundaries..? What do you mean?

A man walked up to a five year old in the mall of America and threw him over the second story balcony. You know darn well it was an evil thing to do and I know you know it was!
It wasn't a good act or an evil act, it was neither. A act is an act, a thing a thing. Like I said, does anyone know the boundaries of good and evil? Where did it begin, where does it end.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Are you now back to saying it cannot be known for sure whether God exists or not? (No shenanigans, just answer honestly. If your answer is yes, it's perfectly fine to say, yeah, that's where I am. I want to believe He does, I hope He does, but I'm not certain.)
No, I said that any beliefs we have are unsubstantiated at it's core. How can you or I, or anyone believe something that they know. Shouldn't the Christian say I know Jesus, and not I believe in him?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the church lady! I'm really old. I also remember Rosanna Rosanna Danna and Two Wild and Crazy Guys. When I was 15 me and a friend would stay up late to watch SNL.

Yes, those were the best characters! I so loved Gilda Radner and, such a shame her passing so young...and Gene Wilder (not an SNL Guy) is one of my most favorite comedians (was)!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I said that any beliefs we have are unsubstantiated at it's core. How can you or I, or anyone believe something that they know. Shouldn't the Christian say I know Jesus, and not I believe in him?

"Shouldn't the Christian say I know Jesus, and not I believe in him?"

I would think yes, a Christian should say they "know" Jesus.
Saying that, I would also say that to know Him is believing in Him :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't a good act or an evil act, it was neither. A act is an act, a thing a thing. Like I said, does anyone know the boundaries of good and evil? Where did it begin, where does it end.

Bull!
You are saying it's best to not call anything evil since we don't know where or when evil began?

You're right back to nothing solid beneath your feet.

It's nonsense. You're saying nothing is good and nothing is evil and its making you look like a complete fool. And you think WE are incapable of reason??

At this point I think you're just talking to hear yourself talk.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Bull!
You are saying it's best to not call anything evil since we don't know where or when evil began?

You're right back to nothing solid beneath your feet.

It's nonsense. You're saying nothing is good and nothing is evil and its making you look like a complete fool. And you think WE are incapable of reason??

At this point I think you're just talking to hear yourself talk.
Okay, am I saying a good thing or an evil thing? How will you ascertain that, do you know good and evil perfectly to judge my words.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely, a Christian should be able to say he knows Jesus. But He doesn't manifest Himself to all believers right away. But I've never met a man yet who has received the Holy Spirit and doesn't darn well know he has. It may come as a gradual awareness to some. To others, they receive Him and know it suddenly and dramatically.

I do not think you have received the Holy Spirit yet.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Where did it begin, where does it end."

"Isaiah 45:7 - " I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." So, I believe this is where evil comes from, a loving God.
Some would have you believe

Believing is not knowing.

How can you have one and not the other??!

P.S. Not the best interpretation I have read other words like "calamity" or disaster"... :)

Last edited:

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
"Where did it begin, where does it end."

"Isaiah 45:7 - " I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." So, I believe this is where evil comes from, a loving God.
Some would have you believe

How can you have one and not the other??!
You can't have both processes at the same time. I've got to the point in my life now that I have suspended believing in things. Neither do I believe that I don't believe, I have just found that beliefs are a tangled web.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't have both processes at the same time. I've got to the point in my life now that I have suspended believing in things. Neither do I believe that I don't believe, I have just found that beliefs are a tangled web.

Okay how do you double post someones post??! Hahaha! :confused:
"How can you have one and not the other??! I was referring here, to "knowing and believing in Jesus" You cannot have one without the other.

"I've got to the point in my life now that I have suspended believing in things. Neither do I believe that I don't believe, I have just found that beliefs are a tangled web."
They can indeed be a tangled web. Maybe you are just where you need to be. A time of quiet reflection? Oh well...either way I wish you faith in - Truth ♥