Open your eyes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I always say to people who bash me with their beliefs

"If I'm going to go to hell, I'd rather go there for my delusion than yours"
That's the most intelligent thing you have said here. You may be beginning to realize you cannot blame others for the things you have chosen to believe.

D

Dave L

What is good and evil? What you think is good might be evil for someone else, and what you think is evil might be good for someone else.

Can you measure the length of good and evil to it's end?
Good is treating others, even enemies as your equal. Evil is treating yourself better than you do others.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem so open and friendly Jelly Jam, but when someone responds to you thread in the only way they know how, you have sharp teeth....I wonder why that is?

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem so open and friendly Jelly Jam, but when someone responds to you thread in the only way they know how, you have sharp teeth....I wonder why that is?

I think maybe because he feels we are dull, unoriginal, incapable of reasoned thought and, most importantly, feels we are trying to force our beliefs on him.

The last is the oddest one of all to me because we did not seek him out to proselytize him and he is free to leave at any point, yet I think he still feels that we are the harrassers. It makes you scratch your head.

Reactions: Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also see sad delusion in JJ. It sells songs, but it doesn't work in life.

Good song. And, I like the reference within the song..."I am an Island". No man is an Island, especially a Christian.
"“No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main” is a phrase made famous by John Donne (1572-1631). There is profound meaning in this statement, especially for Christians."

There is strength in numbers and I say that goes for all people. And in closing, I would like to share this:
:D

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think maybe because he feels we are dull, unoriginal, incapable of reasoned thought and, most importantly, feels we are trying to force our beliefs on him.

The last is the oddest one of all to me because we did not seek him out to proselytize him and he is free to leave at any point, yet I think he still feels that we are the harrassers. It makes you scratch your head.
I believe he’s trying to affirm a message someone has given him of himself.

Rejection?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good and evil is why we're in this dilemma in the first place, doesn't your Bible say such things? But what people fail to see is that goodness will kill you too. Good and evil doesn't go anywhere, it has no end and no beginning.

Where did you get the idea that good and evil has put us in a dilemma? Are you now allowed to refer to the bible or a biblical idea but you really wish we wouldn't...?

And how exactly has good and evil put us in a dilemma when a moment ago you were saying there isn't any fixed point to stand on regarding evil anyway, since what is evil is only so if I think it is evil but that if you don't think it is evil, then it isn't?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he’s trying to affirm a message someone has given him of himself.

Rejection?

Hmm...he has rejected one ideology, a religious one he was taught, and has decided on another one. And he claims to want to know truth rather than just have beliefs, while simultaneously making new age type statements that boil down to the ideology that says truth is different for different people, based on what they believe. It's the nauseous and oft repeated " that's your truth, its not my truth."

He's got quite a mess going on, but he's persistent and I think he will muddle through it.

He has a capable mind but he can be somewhat lazy with it, not thinking through what He says before he says it sometimes. He paints himself into corners when he does that and then starts to think. I think he's shopping around. I was once there.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...he has rejected one ideology, a religious one he was taught, and has decided on another one. And he claims to want to know truth rather than just have beliefs, while simultaneously making new age type statements that boil down to the ideology that says truth is different for different people, based on what they believe. It's the nauseous and oft repeated " that's your truth, its not my truth."

He's got quite a mess going on, but he's persistent and I think he will muddle through it.

He has a capable mind but he can be somewhat lazy with it, not thinking through what He says before he says it sometimes. He paints himself into corners when he does that and then starts to think. I think he's shopping around. I was once there.
I’ve been there, he does seem to be shopping. I would advise independent bible study, there’s a smorgasbord of beliefs out there, that if received can lead to a lot of wasted time and pain

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Where did you get the idea that good and evil has put us in a dilemma? Are you now allowed to refer to the bible or a biblical idea but you really wish we wouldn't...?

And how exactly has good and evil put us in a dilemma when a moment ago you were saying there isn't any fixed point to stand on regarding evil anyway, since what is evil is only so if I think it is evil but that if you don't think it is evil, then it isn't?
People shouldn't think in terms of good and evil, because they can't substantiate it's boundaries. Good and evil is the same fruit on the same tree, is it not?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Coming to the hardware store to buy milk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truth is ALL I wanted, I was tired of being bombarded with the self imagined/created "beliefs" of others, each as different as night and day, and with no basis!
So many "Religions" and "gods" out there but, I just felt there was ONE TRUE GOD, and why would all of these others be created? Well, could it be....SATAN!!!....Old SNL anyone? :D
Satan is chaos. The God of the bible is a God of order. How can ANYONE be content to just make up their "own" truth and, be good with that?? That is deep denial, well I found it was for me anyhow.
The God of the bible claims what no other god has claimed.
I had suddenly just wanted the Truth whether I liked it or not! And, IMHO - if one really does "want" Truth...they will find it. ♥

Psalm 34
"Taste and see that the LORD is good;

blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

9Fear the LORD, you His saints,

for those who fear Him lack nothing.

10Young lions go lacking and hungry,

but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been there, he does seem to be shopping. I would advise independent bible study, there’s a smorgasbord of beliefs out there, that if received can lead to a lot of wasted time and pain

Yes, he was harmed and wasted time already (though I don't really see his time as wasted when religious men were messing with his head but then you and I have the benefit of a hindsight he doesn't concerning "wasted time".)

He'll get to it all. :)