Open your eyes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There is a rainbow in the sky today

The sun is out

And the earth is on it's path

The bird's are flying high in the air

And the clouds are like puffy marshmallows

The people are going about their business

And life is everywhere I see

And there's a song in my heart

Because I know she loves me

And she knows I love her

And everything is as it seems

Then I wonder what it all means

Then I wonder if God is well pleased

And I smile and say g'day to a passerby

And they smile in return

And my day begins all over again.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 KJV
[4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Tecarta BibleTry this exercise where you see the word charity substitute it with your name, and see if it fits who you are?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
One is selfish the other is selfless
Are you afraid to think for yourself? Do you possess the ability for original thought? You come at me with your Bible brand of theology, over and over I have to deal with Christians who just can't express anything outside their holy book.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 KJV
[4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Tecarta BibleTry this exercise where you see the word charity substitute it with your name, and see if it fits who you are?
I know who I want to be, that's enough.

B

brakelite

How do you know one feeling from another?
Lust is most definitely a feeling. Love needn't be. An act of love toward someone, even, no, especially on behalf of someone you don't like, is love without feeling. IT is a deliberate act. No feelings involved.
Not that I have anything against feelings. One can lust and love at the same time, for the same person. Nothing wrong with that, it is the nature we were created with. But sin has distorted it and turned it into perversions, whereas love...true love...self-sacrificial love as demonstrated by Christ and is replicated by those He empowers by His Spirit, is considered by the world to be soft and weak. But no, it is the most powerful thing on the planet...it saves lives. Even if it is at the cost of your own.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Lust is most definitely a feeling. Love needn't be. An act of love toward someone, even, no, especially on behalf of someone you don't like, is love without feeling. IT is a deliberate act. No feelings involved.
Not that I have anything against feelings. One can lust and love at the same time, for the same person. Nothing wrong with that, it is the nature we were created with. But sin has distorted it and turned it into perversions, whereas love...true love...self-sacrificial love as demonstrated by Christ and is replicated by those He empowers by His Spirit, is considered by the world to be soft and weak. But no, it is the most powerful thing on the planet...it saves lives. Even if it is at the cost of your own.
I doubt that "love" is what waits for us in eternity. I doubt also that humans are prepared for the transference between this reality and the next. A dear friend said to me once, everything people project onto the maker is a label.

D

Dave L

There is a rainbow in the sky today

The sun is out

And the earth is on it's path

The bird's are flying high in the air

And the clouds are like puffy marshmallows

The people are going about their business

And life is everywhere I see

And there's a song in my heart

Because I know she loves me

And she knows I love her

And everything is as it seems

Then I wonder what it all means

Then I wonder if God is well pleased

And I smile and say g'day to a passerby

And they smile in return

And my day begins all over again.
Sounds pretty optimistic for an agnostic.........

D

Dave L

Hi Dave L

I don't consider myself an agnostic, I rather think that my world view is not one anyone has. At this point I can't not classify my view into a formulaic process.
Most look at the world as they would a Rorschach test. But some look through the world and see the hand of God moving all to his predetermined ends.

Reactions: Mjh29

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said.

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

I doubt that "love" is what waits for us in eternity. I doubt also that humans are prepared for the transference between this reality and the next. A dear friend said to me once, everything people project onto the maker is a label.
While there have been throughout the history of mankind those who have created God in their own image, they're are also many who have discovered that the promises of God as revealed in the scriptures are trustworthy.
One promise is that we can know Him. Of course God is God, we will never fully understand him even when face to face, but what we can know... now... Through His own self revelation through His Son Jesus, is sufficient to be supremely confident that death is not the end, and that whatever awaits, despite being utterly beyond our imagination to picture or describe, is founded on that very aspect of what and who God is, and what motivates Him in everything He does. Love.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know one feeling from another?

I think maybe...you know it's love if you desire to pour yourself out for the others good, even IF you receive nothing in return from them, versus if you desire them to serve you or gratify or help you.

Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast and is not proud. It does not dishonor others and is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes and perserveres.

Reactions: Nancy and Dave L