Open your eyes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, am I saying a good thing or an evil thing? How will you ascertain that, do you know good and evil perfectly to judge my words.

No, I am not able to judge perfectly. That's exactly why God says to leave judgement of men to Him. And I see men get in arguments over whose doctrinal belief is correct and they all but call each other Satan. Its an extreme overreaction And they bury themselves in bitter anger at each other. And they're acting nothing like their Lord, showing themselves to be hearers of the word but not doers of the word.

But we weren't talking about words. We were talking about actions and deeds. And you got off into ridiculous territory by saying the mass murders of Hitler could not be discerned as either good or evil.

Reactions: Willie T

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Okay how do you double post someones post??! Hahaha! :confused:
"How can you have one and not the other??! I was referring here, to "knowing and believing in Jesus" You cannot have one without the other.

"I've got to the point in my life now that I have suspended believing in things. Neither do I believe that I don't believe, I have just found that beliefs are a tangled web."
They can indeed be a tangled web. Maybe you are just where you need to be. A time of quiet reflection? Oh well...either way I wish you faith in - Truth ♥
I'll double your heart and raise you a hug.

Reactions: Nancy

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, I am not able to judge perfectly. That's exactly why God says to leave judgement of men to Him. And I see men get in arguments over whose doctrinal belief is correct and they all but call each other Satan. Its an extreme overreaction And they bury themselves in bitter anger at each other. And they're acting nothing like their Lord, showing themselves to be hearers of the word but not doers of the word.

But we weren't talking about words. We were talking about actions and deeds. And you got off into ridiculous territory by saying the mass murders of Hitler could not be discerned as either good or evil.
Can we not say that people like Hitler were sick, and I mean unwell. You'll find that people who point out thing's they see as evil about other people are just as rotten in their unique view of their own goodness.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should judge based on what you actually know about others, rather than what you believe about them. I said this in the thread (in and out) that beliefs will never guarantee certainty. I know the Christian says that they know their going to heaven to be with Jesus, that the Bible is the truth. But certainty is based on the facts you know, not on the beliefs you can't prove.
JJ, I 100% respect everyone's beliefs (or lack thereof), because such beliefs are an extension of that person. I may think "Mike's" beliefs (or lack thereof) are nonsensical or even harmful, but I will still respect Mike and his right to believe whatever.

Are you willing to likewise respect others, even if you personally find those beliefs to be nonsensical or even harmful?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
JJ, I 100% respect everyone's beliefs (or lack thereof), because such beliefs are an extension of that person. I may think "Mike's" beliefs (or lack thereof) are nonsensical or even harmful, but I will still respect Mike and his right to believe whatever.

Are you willing to likewise respect others, even if you personally find those beliefs to be nonsensical or even harmful?
How do you respect something that is harmful? Nonsensical, yes. But not harmful, but it has to be evident to me that it truly does harm people. I can say that Christianity has quite a few concepts that are harmful to us as humans.

Take this young lady for instance, her name is Kelly. She was brought up by a very violent father who is now locked away in hospital. Kelly is a believer in Jesus but her father's hatred remains. So Kelly had to alter the parameters of her beloved Messiah's word's about the place he called hell.

Kelly has to believe that hell holds no one permanently, and if her father does not repent in the here and now he will rejoin the kingdom of her Lord when he deems it's the right time.

To her every wins and everyone is saved.

But the only reason for Kelly to accept a belief so outlandish is simple, if you open your eyes and see that her heart cannot hold the thought of her own father burning alive

For all time.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It doesn't matter. You may believe people should be respectful when speaking with one another, but I think to be respectful to others is evil.

Just because you believe it is good to be respectful of others, you cannot know with certainty that it IS in fact good. It COULD be evil to be respectful to others. We have no way of knowing.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you respect something that is harmful? Nonsensical, yes. But not harmful
You respect another person's beliefs by acknowledging and respecting them as a person-- which includes their right to believe what they do.

For example, I have many atheist friends, whom hold beliefs I find to be HORRIBLY destructive to themselves and those around them. Still, I acknowledge and respect them and their right to believe what they do, regardless of how I feel about it. I'll skip the high and mighty "I'm holier than you" or "I know better than you" stances.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh...please tell me you understood that I was turning your ridiculous previous argument back on you hoping you would see the absurdity of my statement...

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter. You may believe people should be respectful when speaking with one another, but I think to be respectful to others is evil.

Just because you believe it is good to be respectful of others, you cannot know with certainty that it IS in fact good. It COULD be evil to be respectful to others. We have no way of knowing.
And I respect your right to believe that. I totally disagree with your stance and find to be harmful, but I 100% respect your right to believe it.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And I respect your right to believe that. I totally disagree with your stance and find to be harmful, but I 100% respect your right to believe it.
Harmful? I couldn't hurt a fly, correction I did do harm to a fly 2 day's ago when I expected it to die. Why? Because it found it's way into my home and I was threatened by it's noise.

How simple minded we are, that we think even a fly matters less than we want it to be.

RIP, my little fly, for you have a place in kind.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so now that you've let me in on something I didn't know in a pm, (and of course it is strange to me now that I didn't consider it as a possibility - never even entered my mind) I'm not going to continue in conversation. I'm not mad, but I see that further conversation would be pointless. But have fun.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Did you know how the Terminator came to be? It was created because the director fell gravely ill from food poisoning, and while he was in a hysterical state he saw a vision of a robot rising from the flames.

You remember that exact scene from Terminator one, right?

Well who or what inspired that?

Is it a warning from our maker that if we take technology to far, it will destroy us?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Okay, so now that you've let me in on something I didn't know in a pm, (and of course it is strange to me now that I didn't consider it as a possibility - never even entered my mind) I'm not going to continue in conversation. I'm not mad, but I see that further conversation would be pointless. But have fun.
Let go, just let go. We all have to let go in the end.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I have to let everyone else in here know, so they don't keep wasting their time trying to reason with your absurd statements.
The man is drunk. And he was drunk last night as well.
It's pointless to try to reason with a drunk person, as I'm sure everyone has experienced at some point in their lives.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You know, I have to let everyone else in here know, so they don't keep wasting their time trying to reason with your absurd statements.
The man is drunk. And he was drunk last night as well.
It's pointless to try to reason with a drunk person, as I'm sure everyone has experienced at some point in their lives.
I've never been a drunk, I don't have an obsession with alcohol. I just like to mellow out, okay. In truth I have been completely intoxicated in my past, but I learnt to moderate my drinking habits. I'm happy now that I have a few drinks, rather than take it overboard. Am I acting any different now I've drunk two cans of whiskey (Or whisky) I use it for a reason, and there's times I don't.

So you come on this thread, my poetry thread and try to find evil in me? Why?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can thoroughly respect that.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace