origin of "the faith"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi....I was not referring to the ones in the grave, as you put it...I was referring to what Jesus had told his disciples was going to be possible once they received
the Holy Spirit, as well as anyone who would believe their testimony...

then that's what you should have said isn't it? but what you did say was "If only everyone who says they believe in Him could come to that reality....."

hence the comment is to what you actually said rather then your interpretation of what you now say you meant to say.

are you learning your ways from media?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I was referring to what Jesus had told his disciples was going to be possible once they received
the Holy Spirit, as well as anyone who would believe their testimony...
k, but i wouldn't be looking for any literal dead ppl to be raised, fwiw

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then that's what you should have said isn't it? but what you did say was "If only everyone who says they believe in Him could come to that reality....."

hence the comment is to what you actually said rather then your interpretation of what you now say you meant to say.

are you learning your ways from media?
But she clearly said nothing of the grave in Her initial post, so that should never have entered into the conversation... since how can they who are dead sat they believe in Him, but she is correct in that when we come into that realization as Paul did the world will shake, and it will happen,than @bbyrd009 you will see the dead rise and men who reject the truth drop dead in front of you.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But she clearly said nothing of the grave in Her initial post, so that should never have entered into the conversation... since how can they who are dead sat they believe in Him, but she is correct in that when we come into that realization as Paul did the world will shake, and it will happen,than @bbyrd009 you will see the dead rise and men who reject the truth drop dead in front of you.

huh?

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not metacognitive. He is perfectly intregrated. He is his thoughts, emotions, will. He doesnt have expectations - he is his expectations.

As a result of the Fall we have become separated from ourselves and therefore, metacognitive / meta emotional / and meta will - instead of being love we think about it and think about feeling it and think about doing it.

Jesus calls us to become preFall - instead of meta love we are called to be love

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not metacognitive. He is perfectly intregrated. He is his thoughts, emotions, will. He doesnt have expectations - he is his expectations.

As a result of the Fall we have become separated from ourselves and therefore, metacognitive / meta emotional / and meta will - instead of being love we think about it and think about feeling it and think about doing it.

Jesus calls us to become preFall - instead of meta love we are called to be love

I see you don’t read the bible much do you aspen, still making up what you think your god ought to be eh? Here the God of Israel is quite aware of His thoughts and feelings.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

You also claim God has no expectations:

Mal_1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

you must be talking about your made up god, because you can’t be talking about the God of Israel. It seems you must be talking about your idolization of your self-image that you love, and that is your god.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you don’t read the bible much do you aspen, still making up what you think your god ought to be eh? Here the God of Israel is quite aware of His thoughts and feelings.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

You also claim God has no expectations:

Mal_1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

you must be talking about your made up god, because you can’t be talking about the God of Israel. It seems you must be talking about your idolization of your self-image that you love, and that is your god.

Yes.....

God has been framed by metacognitive people since the dawn of time, even in the the Bible!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.....

God has been framed by metacognitive people since the dawn of time, even in the the Bible!

so you are saying the bible is a lie correct? but yet you say your a Christian. I looks to me that you are the liar.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes.....

and the Bible even verifies this, and warns us that It is written so as to be seen and not seen, meaning imo written in such a way so as to allow ppl to interpret from their pov, which Scripture often even assumes for us, "this will be read from this perspective, rather than _______, where the real truth is."

and as we can see above the perspective, pov, is revealed in the interpretation. we could Quote 100 examples pretty easy. "The flesh profits nothing," "Paul said 'absent from the body is present with the Lord,'" all of these are stated in such a way so as to allow for interpretation, as it can be demonstrated that "the flesh" is the only thing that profits ("life, more abundantly"), and etc

ppl engaged in the death-cult, Waiting for Jesus, or for Life More Abundantly to miraculously appear will of necessity interpret one way, and followers another

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
d the Bible even verifies this, and warns us that It is written so as to be seen and not seen, meaning imo written in such a way so as to allow ppl to interpret from their pov,
That would most certainly make God, the author of confusion, because we, in the mind of the flesh, cannot comprehend what's what....What do people have so against actually seeking the living Christ ? Is it just that they lack patience in hearing from Him or is it just unbelief, that He is even able to communicate with us ? I can't understand it, at all........We are SO loved by Him, which becomes 100% apparent, as soon as you're in His actual presence, and once you get THAT revelation, it becomes impossible to completely destroy you, even move you...We all have so many questions, and many are the same ones...In order to get the Truth right from the 'horses' mouth as they say, we just need to do what Jesus invited us to do :" Come to Me." and "Ask, seek and knock.".
Jesus isn't a metaphorically resurrected being, He is an ACTUAL resurrected being, alive and well, and well able to communicate with us....If only people would take Him up on His offer....I found out accidentally, by dying.......I keep hoping others won't have to go to that extreme, to call upon Him

Reactions: amadeus

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you are saying the bible is a lie correct? but yet you say your a Christian. I looks to me that you are the liar.

Those are your words, not mine. Every idea written in the Bible is supposed to be there. We can learn a lot from reading about how humanity relates to God.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are your words, not mine. Every idea written in the Bible is supposed to be there. We can learn a lot from reading about how humanity relates to God.

again a "Christian" believes the bible to be true, an atheist says the bible is a idea or a book of ideas, you say you are a Christian but speak like an atheist which would lead any reasonable person to believe you are lying about being a Christian. therefore it stands to reason you are a liar.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
still insisting that the Lamb of God bear some wool huh DP
see where determinism leads you? now you are in sin
That would most certainly make God, the author of confusion, because we, in the mind of the flesh, cannot comprehend what's what
hmm you think? Why blame God for the confusion if we are the ones that "cannot" comprehend, unless we change our minds? We "blame" God when we get it, too, i guess, sometimes...and i don't mean to say that there is not a sense in which both are true, certainly everything comes from God, but IRL this concept comes out quite mundanely imo, we just don't bother explaining certain things to babies or certain ppl because they cannot see them yet, right

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again a "Christian" believes the bible to be true, an atheist says the bible is a idea or a book of ideas, you say you are a Christian but speak like an atheist which would lead any reasonable person to believe you are lying about being a Christian. therefore it stands to reason you are a liar.

I see

You are obviously a Christian
You disagree with what I stated
Therefore, despite my claims otherwise, I am not a Christian

Nice