OSAS Again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to see you too...I Haven been around very much these days ....but checking the site a bit more in the hopes of seeing some encouraging posts of victory ....in these dark days .

God bless you brother ...x
Dark Days indeed....we will overcome though Helen as we are doing now...we are motivated and stead-fast..Bless you

Reactions: Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It never ceases to amaze me that some Christians prefer to believe the anger of God rather than the love of God .

‘They’ always choose OT verses to lean upon...even though the Father sent the Beloved to take all His wrath upon Him and take it to the cross for...redeemed , redeemed, redeemed! By the ALL POWERFUL Blood of the spotless Lamb .
OSAS ...is the Good News ... those who preach judgement after all that Jesus came to do...do NOT preach the gospel = the Good News .
Revelation 21:8 KJV
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:8 KJV
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Another indirect and 'shy' response: I guess you are saying that a believer can be fearful and lose his/her salvation? Is that right?
And if true, then explain why Rev 21:8 applies to one born of the Lamb along with an unbeliever?

Thanks..APAK

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It never ceases to amaze me that some Christians prefer to believe the anger of God rather than the love of God .

‘They’ always choose OT verses to lean upon...even though the Father sent the Beloved to take all His wrath upon Him and take it to the cross for...redeemed , redeemed, redeemed! By the ALL POWERFUL Blood of the spotless Lamb .
OSAS ...is the Good News ... those who preach judgement after all that Jesus came to do...do NOT preach the gospel = the Good News .
Hi, hope all is well!
I see that a little different.

If you do not walk in what you are given then would you not be endanger of falling away and out of the grace of God that leads to Salvation?

So if many who have been taught to believe something Jesus did to secure salvation...
And may believe they are born from above and they may not have been. Then what they think applies to them may not apply...

For on the beginning side, one Must First believe Who Jesus is and intend to follow.

But many do not believe they must intend to do anything because they understand it as Jesus did everything for them so if they choose not to walk then Jesus still has got them....

And many may have never Trusted who Jesus is....but rather something He has done and there lies the problem

For, the foundation is Jesus......not something He did to secure your salvation so you can have heaven when you die.

1 Cor 3:11

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

So this is why they understand the scriptures differently.

Their Foundation was not Jesus, but something He did to secure Salvation.

So when you trust Jesus for who He is...then it leads to being born for many....[and I am not saying that God could not help someone where they were in their belief]

However this is what scripture says

John 6;4
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which
seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

See it does not start with believe something He did to secure your salvation...But put trust in Him.

So this flow leads to being born from above.
And it's with that life that is given to you
That you can walk in it or by it, that your sins now are continued to be washed away on the Journey.

So outside of God's plan For salvation
Then "yes" one looking back to the Old Testament sees the dangers for those that may yet to be born.

For it's what we believe that reflect behavior.

And when they see one does not see what they see they realize one may not be born from above.

For God is behind those whose mind is stayed on Him.........

But if the foundation has been "believe something He did to secure salvation" rather than believing on Him because you have came to recognize who He is....Then this is why I see those preach damnation.

So when does no condemnation come in to play:Roman's 8
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So you see, if one does not see how effort is involved .....its because they can not view out of from their foundational teachings...for that is the lens they will interpret scriptures by.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another indirect and 'shy' response: I guess you are saying that a believer can be fearful and lose his/her salvation? Is that right?
And if true, then explain why Rev 21:8 applies to one born of the Lamb along with an unbeliever?

Thanks..APAK
Hi, I think because in Him one is guided by love"

Reactions: APAK

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say God didn't do it and then you say God did it. lol

Do you also say God didn't burn Sodom and Gomorrah alive?

Genesis 19:24 (NKJV)
24 Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.

Yes, God drowned all but 8 on Earth.

2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
Hi, I think because in Him one is guided by love"
Also life is about continually believing/trusting
And many believe that if they stop trusting they are still in the race. But it's the one whom you are to put trust in that Carries you to the end........

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again it is How the Gosple has been presented to folks with good intentions....

What saves us now as we journey here on earth is His cleansing by His blood as we walk in it....It is here that you can try this thought on:
Security comes when you walk by the Spirit because when you walk by the Spirit the blood really cleanses you and you know it.

So Jesus dying for your sins is secondary in that you must first believe who He is with the intent to follow.

RATHER THAN as the Gosple is presently presented Trusting something He did to secure your salvation so that you can have heaven when you die.

Point being that is like using someone just for what they can give you. But want nothing else...

But a relationship should be established first

Acts puts a Person to whom forgiveness continues to come through after believing
who He is and intending to follow. And that person, in the Primary aspect, is Jesus.

So the Gosple Is Jesus, so trust Jesus, and IN Him you will find forgiveness of sin, and everything you need pertaining to life.

So where is the security? when your sins are being washed away by the blood of Jesus as you walk in the light....

So if you do not walk in the light....then you will not know what you have...and there can be fear...

Therefore there is no fear in love....for perfect love cast out all fear for fear has to do with punishment. Why? Because it may be you chose to walk another way that is opposed to the light.

The one who fears has not been perfected in Love.....

And why is that? Because they may have stopped walking in the way of love that they may know the Love that has been behind them and in front.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks..APAK

I by far do not understand the chapter, but when I read chapter 21 every word displays Christ suffering and hanging on the cross. I believe this lake of fire is displayed as a cleansing lake where all flesh is washed away fear being an part of it.

the tabernacle of God has been with men for some 2 k years.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I by far do not understand the chapter, but when I read chapter 21 every word displays Christ suffering and hanging on the cross. I believe this lake of fire is displayed as a cleansing lake where all flesh is washed away fear being an part of it.

the tabernacle of God has been with men for some 2 k years.
I understand your concern WOH....This Chapter can strain my brain as well......the verse you displayed applies only to those not of Christ or the Lamb who DO NOT believe in the saving blood of Christ on the Cross.

If you sense or imagine you are part of these damned in Verse 8 because you are not perfect or not always living in Christ, then that is normal for any true believer - we do live in the flesh. You obviously are genuinely concerned and your spirit loves Christ for considering these thoughts. Prayer, time and the word, can heal all that WOH, believe me. You are not alone. Be patient with yourself.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your concern WOH....This Chapter can strain my brain as well......the verse you displayed applies only to those not of Christ or the Lamb who DO NOT believe in the saving blood of Christ on the Cross.

If you sense or imagine you are part of these damned in Verse 8 because you are not perfect or not always living in Christ, then that is normal for any true believer - we do live in the flesh. You onviously are genuinely concerned and your spirit loves Christ for considering these thoughts. Prayer, time and the word, can heal all that WOH, believe me. You are not alone. Be patient with yourself.

Bless you,

APAK
It’s really amazing chapters 9 and 10 speak of this new Jerusalem which seems to me to exist after the last 7 plagues. Paul explained in Galatians this new city was the mother of all of us implying it already exists. I believe it was born out of the cross, and the woes and plagues, etc.... where experienced at Calvary.

just my thoughts, I can’t see any of this as being futuristic.

Galatians 4:26 KJV
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s really amazing chapters 9 and 10 speak of this new Jerusalem which seems to me to exist after the last 7 plagues. Paul explained in Galatians this new city was the mother of all of us implying it already exists. I believe it was born out of the cross, and the woes and plagues, etc.... where experienced at Calvary.

just my thoughts, I can’t see any of this as being futuristic.

Galatians 4:26 KJV
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
interesting thought you have here..'the mother of us all'.....applied to the New Jerusalem.

Isaiah 54:1
"Shout for joy, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth in song and cry aloud, you who have never travailed; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD.

Galatians 4:19
My children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you.

It is the place of nourishment and contentment and nurturing...a place of safety and peace....like a good mother does for her children....provides for them

The New Jerusalem the City and functions as a human mother with children......the new mother.... the new Jerusalem..the new city for the new creatures in Christ..the new creation ...the new adopted children of God...it's God's new City for his family WOH...Amen

Reactions: Waiting on him

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't take Advice from those lacking wisdom.
Here's why I don't take advice from those who don't fear God. God said they don't know anything about wisdom.

Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's why I don't take advice from those who don't fear God. God said they don't know anything about wisdom.

Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
And what does fear mean in that context
And why do you believe others do not fear Him.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

outside of walking in His ways...then there will be fear

I just asked:

And what does fear mean in that context?
And why do you believe others do not fear Him?
I was referring to Taken who said he/she doesn't fear God.