OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They go back to living after the flesh, after the pleasures of this world as they lived before having been born again.

You deny that Christians have been called to abide in Christ, being led by the Holy Spirit to walk after the Spirit.... and it's no big deal with they walk after the flesh in sin and if doing so they are still saved???

In the New Testament, many mentions of “the law” is actually referring to Law of Christ (aka the Law of Liberty) and is not talking about the old testament law. Christians are NOT called to keep or live under the old testament law, but we ARE called to live under the Law of Christ.

Ultimately this means we are called to abide In Christ which is living after the Spirit and not after the flesh, or to be spiritually minded and not carnally minded (see Romans 8). As we see in Romans 8, to be spiritually minded is life and peace but to be carnally minded is death which is separation from the Lord.

Galatians 6:2
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:21

To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

James 2:12

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

James 1:25

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

2 Peter 1:4-10
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

(*Notice what Paul said about his own body in 1 Corinthians 9:27)

Colossians 3:6-10
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Those that do not put on the New Man and quit walking after the flesh, the wrath of God comes upon them for their disobedience because God is NOT mocked, if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption (Gal 6:7,8)

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Things end very badly for those that do not obey the gospel.
OK. By that affirmation,post the scriptures that detail how someone who falls away goes in reverse per those steps that occurred to make them born again.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. By that affirmation,post the scriptures that detail how someone who falls away goes in reverse per those steps that occurred to make them born again.

I didn't write God's Word... you'll have to argue with Him concerning anything you see in His Word you don't like or agree with.

Real Christians let the Word of God change them by submitting to the Lord's Word.

Fake "christians" read their preconceived ideas in to the word and twist things around to fit their preconceived ideas that they got from false teachers such as augustine, john calvin, martin luther, all the catholics popes, etc, etc.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't write God's Word... you'll have to argue with Him concerning anything you see in His Word you don't like or agree with.

Real Christians let the Word of God change them by submitting to the Lord's Word.

Fake "christians" read their preconceived ideas in to the word and twist things around to fit their preconceived ideas that they got from false teachers such as augustine, john calvin, martin luther, all the catholics popes, etc, etc.
No scripture to support your proclamation. I see.
You should take care speaking for God where he said no such thing as you pretend.
Thank you.

Reactions: mailmandan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opinion based.and again....makes no sense to me , nothing in scripture to support what you say.

Your comment regarding Adam.
“All opinion and nothing supported by Scripture” is FALSE.

I said Adam was separated from God….
He was. He was sent out of the Garden.
Angels with flaming arrows prevented Adam from returning to the Garden.
Where thereafter is Adam talking with God, or God talking with Adam?

When you make a general ALL inclusive accusation….and just ONE point is in Scripture, your accusation is FALSE.

I could go point by point to show you the verifying Scripture….but WHY would I bother?

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Not news, I have already said the same.

I’ve already given my voice opinion of the subject matter.

Agree, your opinion.

The rest of your post is just of your own understanding of scripture, same as mine same as others......

Not true. My opinion, my understanding of Gods word is irrelevant. My receiving Gods Understanding of His Words and Adopting HIS Understanding IS RELEVANT….is according to His Teaching…was already told to you….so why decide FOR ME, it is simply “my understanding, based on my opinion”?

I don’t speak word for word, verbatim, what God tells me is His Understanding. I speak in my words, what God has told me is His Understanding.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again that can’t be proven and is your opinion once again.

I say the same thing God’s word speaks to me as I believe he is speaking to me through his living word....again can’t be proven.

It is not provable when two are simply speaking their opinion.

It is provable when two are each regarding the express same topic, reading, familiar with the topic and each (who ARE sanctified) are asking God for HIS Understanding, and each again revisit the topic revealing their Understanding is the same.

The apostles were taught, to not lean on their OWN Understanding, and were taught HOW TO receive Gods spiritual understanding of His Word. By Letter…Paul and Timothy notified those gathered together IN Colosse, who DID believe….that the Paul and Timothy would pray for them, THAT THEY MIGHT ALSO LEARN how to receive Gods “spiritual understanding”.

Prov 3:
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Col
[2] To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

[8] Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
[10] That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Continue increasing in Knowledge…
Believe… Ask God for His ‘Spiritual Understanding” of His Knowledge.

Remember, ASK and you shall receive?

When are men receiving “spiritual understanding”, without reading the knowledge, without asking for that knowledge’s understanding?

What does that have to do with personal opinions? Nada.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is with your understanding... sadly, it's been darkened by all that cherry picking you've been doing.

While the term “cherry-picking” is intended to be NEGATIVE, and implied as a suitable rebutted….

It is laughable.
The Entire Bible reveals…
Things God Desires, calls upright, righteous
AND
Things God hates, calls an abomination, and unrighteous.

IF one attempts to APPLY the ENTIRE Bible to himself….”and does not cherry-pick”….

LOL….he would be a righteous unrighteous upright abomination….. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again that can’t be proven and is your opinion once again.

I say the same thing God’s word speaks to me as I believe he is speaking to me through his living word....again can’t be proven.

Only one problem.
Don’t attempt to decide or speak FOR ME.
You want to declare you speak your Opinion, no problem, you speaking For you.
Then there be no issues between us.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is not provable when two are simply speaking their opinion.

It is provable when two are each regarding the express same topic, reading, familiar with the topic and each (who ARE sanctified) are asking God for HIS Understanding, and each again revisit the topic revealing their Understanding is the same.
Each who are Born Again...we are taught by the Holy Spirit, we lean on him for our understanding of scripture.we rely totally on him for revelation of scripture...

You and I don’t agree on becoming Born Again.....you say one chooses God...I say ,show me in scripture where you chose to become Born Again.....?.....we are Born Again and saved...that is the right context.

You have said, that God doesn’t force himself onto us....I said, if he chose us before the foundation of the world, then our becoming Born Again, will be worked out according to his purpose and plan....what has that got to do with him forcing himself upon his children?

We are Born Again by the will of God...not by the will of man....?

The kind of fruit that will not last is that which was not the result of God’s work and power. There are many underhanded methods of bringing people into the church (2 Cor 4:2). Coercive leadership, easy believism, a false message are only a few of them. Whatever is not of God will not last. Like Paul, we should pray that our work, when tested at the judgment, will not burn up like straw (1 Cor 3:15).
The apostles were taught, to not lean on their OWN Understanding, and were taught HOW TO receive Gods spiritual understanding of His Word. By Letter…Paul and Timothy notified those gathered together IN Colosseum, who DID believe….that the Paul and Timothy would pray for them, THAT THEY MIGHT ALSO LEARN how to receive Gods “spiritual understanding”.

We receive Our knowledge of scripture from the Holy Spirit...the Born Again Children Of God..as we have the indwelling Holy Spirit...that happens when we are Born from Above...
Prov 3:
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Col
[2] To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

[8] Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
[10] That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Continue increasing in Knowledge…
Believe… Ask God for His ‘Spiritual Understanding” of His Knowledge one is continuing to learn.

Remember, ASK and you shall receive?

When are men receiving “spiritual understanding”, without reading the knowledge, without asking for that knowledge’s understanding?

What does that have to do with personal opinions? Nada.
Nope..your wording and scripture...that you understand the word of God to be saying...no more no less....no more valid than anyone else’s ....

I also suggest you ask God to increase your own biblical knowledge...

Do you actually understand that we “ rely” on the Holy Spirit to open our hearts to hear and understand Gods living word?

What does God’s Living word mean to you?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Add your name to that list.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feel free to review all of my posts... I've already show where the Lord does teach this.

The problem is with your understanding... sadly, it's been darkened by all that cherry picking you've been doing.

Hopefully you repent from following the dark arts before it's too late!
Same could e said to you

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only one problem.
Don’t attempt to decide or speak FOR ME.
You want to declare you speak your Opinion, no problem, you speaking For you.
Then there be no issues between us.
I suggest you do the same thing...therefore practice what you preach.

Instead of your assumptions you made about me in earlier posts.

A bit hypocritical that.

Keep your personal opinions about me to yourself.

Especially as you’re a staff member...you should be a role model for the Lord....unfortunately I don’t see that in a number of your posts, addressed to other members..in other topics.

Last edited:
Reactions: JunChosen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:4-10
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye MIGHT be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For
IF these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

(*Notice what Paul said about his own body in 1 Corinthians 9:27)
Just like John in John 15, Peter here is not speaking about losing salvation at all. You seem to read this in selected scripture, of the loss of salvation at every turn, and apparently relish in making it known in red and large letters. You might be embarrassing yourself in the process

When Peter says to give diligence to make your calling and your election sure, it simply means as in John 15, show or demonstrate that you are saved and one of the elect by producing fruits and not being barren and so not to 'fall' as in becoming stagnant, not growing and maturing in the spirit. Keep focusing on Christ, in 'knowing' him in your life, and produce fruit, not that you are in jeopardy of losing Christ all together, and the Spirit of God. And as in John, and here with Peter, they are not saying that your personal behavior will somehow make you unelected and you will lose the Spirit that saves you.

In verse 4b, that by these ye MIGHT be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Peter is already saying you are saved!! He never ties the next few verses with losing all this and become spiritually lost altogether.
He is saying we partake of the divine nature now, if we realize it, and we should know this as fact, within us. So realize it, and USE IT and PRODUCE and don't be spiritual lazy!

And the IF, that you smugly pointed out in large underlined red letters, it means if you have these qualities within you, YOU WILL PRODUCE....and nothing about losing your salvation!!

Now the worst that can happen as Peter points out is to become spiritually blind to what you are missing....AND that you have forgotten that you were SAVED!

And you read the opposite in this scripture, somehow and why, you only know.

That is an incredible thought on your part and you continue to preach this false doctrine.

Last edited:

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the term “cherry-picking” is intended to be NEGATIVE, and implied as a suitable rebutted….

It is laughable.
The Entire Bible reveals…
Things God Desires, calls upright, righteous
AND
Things God hates, calls an abomination, and unrighteous.

IF one attempts to APPLY the ENTIRE Bible to himself….”and does not cherry-pick”….

LOL….he would be a righteous unrighteous upright abomination….. :rolleyes:
I see them as one who uses the Bible as a club. Mocking Christians faith while insisting they don't know scripture. While pretending to be self righteous in their personal attacks.

They are not kind.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I don’t agree on becoming Born Again.....you say one chooses God...I say ,show me in scripture where you chose to become Born Again.....?

Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

2 Pet 1:
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and (your) election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

God Bless,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

2 Pet 1:
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and (your) election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

God Bless,
Taken
That does not show the rebirth....your election of God...you only know that , when God has testified with our spirit that we are his children.....Born Again by his Spirit....not Born again by yourself...

When he supernaturally births our spirit into his..Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

You cannot “ choose” to serve God....without being Born of God......that’s when he has given you the faith , to see his Kingdom in the Spirit, as a Born Again has received that new heart/Spirit within.

God says...” You must be Born Again “...then we automatically start growing in Christ, it’s the role of the Holy Spirit, to make us into Jesus image.

How can anyone know to make themselves into Jesus image....without being Born Again...they wouldn’t.

Being Born Again is the “ Living” Spiritual birth.....Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Like the flesh birth...flesh gives birth to flesh.......the next birth is spiritual.....not man made.

No one can choose to bring themselves “ Alive” in Christ...that is an act of Almighty God.

Brought from Death to LifeThe Lord told Nicodemus unequivocally, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Only the Spirit of the living God can take dry bones, dead in trespasses and rebellion against God, and make them spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1-5).

John 3:1-21​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

John 15:16​

ESVYou did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Online summary.

One of the passages that speaks most clearly and strongly about the role of the Holy Spirit in our understanding is 1 Corinthians 2:1–16. Paul makes clear that everything—from the basic message of the gospel to the deepest theological truths—is bound up with the active work of the Holy Spirit because the Spirit of God alone comprehends the thoughts of God (1 Cor. 2:11). The difference between those who truly understand the Bible’s teachings and those who do not isn’t based on education, skill set, or intelligence. It’s a spiritualmatter. The Spirit reveals, instructs, and enables us to apply the beautiful and mysterious teachings of Scripture to our own lives.

In Jesus Name.....Amen!!.....we know NOTHING....without the Holy Spirit leading us through scripture.....he opens up the mystery of God’s word....which can only be done through the Spirit..when we become “ Born Again “...

As a new babe as I once was..I only knew I was Born Again...by the testifying with our spirit that we are children of God.......

The Holy Spirit has led me and continues to lead us through scripture..

First of all, you cannot worship God if you do not have the Holy Spirit. God looks upon those who claim to be saved and born again with an expectation that they can worship Him.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you do the same thing...therefore practice what you preach.

Instead of your assumptions you made about me in earlier posts.

A bit hypocritical that.

Keep your personal opinions about me to yourself.

Especially as you’re a staff member...you should be a role model for the Lord....unfortunately I don’t see that in a number of your posts, addressed to other members..in other topics.

You, anyone, can repeat what I have said FOR myself, no issue.

You, anyone, who speaks FOR me, what I have NOT said for myself, I will address.

There is a huge difference, between Disagreeing with an other, and speaking FOR an other.

There is a glaring underhandedness, IF one speaks FOR an other (what they did NOT say), and the one thereafter repeatedly carry’s on “disagreeing with the other”, BASED ON, what the one said FOR the OTHER.
The initial underhandedness becomes buried in a Post and the following Umpteen Posts on page after page, simply Becomes an opportunity for the underhanded to continue their charade.

Any member of this forum, including staff members are not doormats.

If the conversation be one believes this, and an other believes that….a discussion of WHY, is appropriate, for each to learn, verify, (according to Gods word), discover, consider.

If the conversation be BASED on one believes this and that one Decides and Speaks for another, (what they neither said or believe) the Conversation becomes Toxic.

It is NOT a big secret, some members on this forum, (just as any person where ever, who lives on this earth), who can NOT stand on their own merits; have a mantra, a goal, a reputation, of intended repetitive underhandedness.

I posted a comment to you.
Your response was, “everything” I said was merely “my opinion” AND not according to Scripture.
* Either you were very familiar with “everything” I said, and responded.
* Or you verified with Scripture “everything” I said.

You responded fairly quickly, which rules out having time to verify “everything” I said with Scripture.
I took “one point” that I said, Gave you the “Verifying Scripture”.
AND? Did we have a conversation about that? No.

Or any other points I said?
No.

You commented, your own reliance on your opinions, your basis for your understanding, and my posts are too long, you don’t read them, and my posts are just my opinion like everyone else.

Speaking to the point of “everyone else”.
I don’t know “everyone else”.
Sure people can speak their “opinions”.
Some, it is what makes MNDFUL sense to them.
Some, it is what they have read, and ASKED God for His Understanding, and feel confident to TRUST what “He” has revealed to them, which IS NOT “the individuals” opinion.

Just saying, conversations between two individuals can quickly become difficult, when the two, get off point of the TOPIC.

For Example…@Illuminator (and I use him as an example, because his and my posts are clearly available for anyone to read.)
I commented about people who “bow down before statues”.
My point…”bowing down before statues”.
My verifying Scripture…

Lev 26:
[1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

** His response, his comments, For umpteen posts to me, was about…I was wrong, lying, attacking, blah, blah….people “worshiping” statues.

He changed the POINT, (from bowing down, TO worshiping) and went off on an accusatory rampage claiming I said something I did not say.

Just saying, a single word, of one speaking for another, can and does change whole conversation to a negative result.

You and I agree on many points.
If you choose not to read my posts, no issue.
If you disagree with me, no issue.
If you speak for me what I have not said, there will be an issue.

God Bless,
Taken

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:16

ESVYou did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
That was Jesus speaking to his (twelve) disciples. It is not about you.
The difference between those who truly understand the Bible’s teachings and those who do not isn’t based on education, skill set, or intelligence. It’s a spiritualmatter. The Spirit reveals, instructs, and enables us to apply the beautiful and mysterious teachings of Scripture to our own lives.
Understanding the Bible's teachings most definitely does indeed depend upon the reader's education, skill set and intelligence. That should be obvious.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That was Jesus speaking to his (twelve) disciples. It is not about you.

We are disciples for Jesus..

In Jeremiah 1:5 God says, “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I sanctified you; and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” This is one of those verses that a lot of people hate because it clearly brings to our attention the sovereignty and control of God

Do you actually know what a Born Again is...and why God chose them?

Do you know we are Saints?

Ephesians 1
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Paul’s Greeting to the Ephesians
(Acts 19:8–12; Revelation 2:1–7)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints in Ephesus,a the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings
(Romans 8:28–34)
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.
7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.
11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.
13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.
Spiritual Wisdom
(1 Corinthians 2:6–16)
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of Him.
18I ask that the eyes of your heartb may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Understanding the Bible's teachings most definitely does indeed depend upon the reader's education, skill set and intelligence. That should be obvious.
Understanding the Bible..depends totally on the Holy Spirit..not education...the Holy Bible..is only understood by the Born Again..for they see the Kingdom of God..Through the eyes of the Spirit.

The Holy Bible..is Spirit teaching...not educational understanding from the world.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But you are not one of the Twelve to whom and about whom Jesus was speaking in John 15:16. PERIOD -- 'NOUGH SAID!

He who reaps receives wages and gathers fruit for eternal life so that sower and reaper may rejoice together." "Fruit for eternal life" in John 4:36 probably corresponds to fruit that abides in John 15:16, which says, "I appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide."

Jesus uses this metaphor to explain how our spiritual life, as born-again believers, is drawn from His life. God's intent for our lives is to progress from barrenness to fruitfulness, to spiritual abundance. Jesus also repeats His command for believers to love each other.

John 15:16
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.”

Explanation and Commentary of John 15:16​

This verse comes at the end of the great discourse on the vine and the branches. Jesus has urged his disciples to remain in Him because that is the way are designed to bear fruit. Beyond being saved and going to Heaven someday, it seems that the goal of Christian life is to bear fruit.

Jesus says that the disciples were chosen by him and for a purpose. He is not speaking only about his choice of the twelve, but about the grace of God for salvation. The elect are saved by grace and will continue to move forward in grace, abiding in union with Christ and bearing the fruit of the Spirit and the continuation of Jesus’ ministry in the Church. One result is that the followers of Jesus will be effective in prayer.

You aren’t understanding the message..maybe the above will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.