OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Lord for your living truth , your word.

Mans word is full of chaos and confusion...which is so plain to see for a Born Again.

In the same way that repentance is granted by God (Acts 11:18; 2 Tim. 2:25), faith is also a supernatural gift of God. Ephesians 2:8–9 affirms this: “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Leave those who lean on their own understanding to God....he is the only one who can deal with them.

As Born Again, we are not to keep arguing with them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is not a gift given by God.
Romans 12:3 KJV
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Much love!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Lord for your living truth , your word.

Mans word is full of chaos and confusion...which is so plain to see for a Born Again.

In the same way that repentance is granted by God (Acts 11:18; 2 Tim. 2:25), faith is also a supernatural gift of God. Ephesians 2:8–9 affirms this: “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Leave those who lean on their own understanding to God....he is the only one who can deal with them.

As Born Again, we are not to keep arguing with them.
It is hard to imagine just how self-righteous some can be. You have given us a very good illustration here.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Much love!
Rom 12:3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
Rom 12:4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function,
Rom 12:5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
Rom 12:6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;
Rom 12:7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching;

Rom 12:8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

It is not talking about faith being given. Rather, it is the gifts that are given according to the measure of faith.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not talking about faith being given. Rather, it is the gifts that are given according to the measure of faith.

This seems pretty straightforward to me.

Much love!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not really possible. One and fully understand it, but simply refuse to believe it and believe in God; and that is the problem with too many. The atheist understands what the Bible is saying, he just refuses to believe it.
I disagree. Because God does not say that. 1 Corinthians 2.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye must be born again..

John 3:
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Notice here

Just like Moses lifted the serpent.

Israel had to CHOSE to say Yes God. I believe, and look, or say NO GOD I do not believe and continue on..

He who believed were saved. He who did not believe was dead already, because they did nto believe.

Everyone who practices evil. hates the light, so they chose to stay away from it less their sin be exposed (see Romans 1 and see the pharisee).

Those who do good come to the light, because God has shown them the ill of their ways, and they have repented. and they CHOSE to say Yes God. Save me (see the tax collector)
They come to God because he moves their heart out of the natural mind state. 1Corinthians 2.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you making this personal? That's not cool.

Much love!
I considered what I responded to be very personal. It reminded me of Jesus' parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8:7-9 New International Version (NIV)Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you making this personal? That's not cool.

Much love!
When it comes to telling us what to do when we’re embroiled in an argument with people who simply reject truth and understanding, the Bible gives us a wise tip: stop trying to reason with a fool.

In particular, Proverbs tells us: “Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him” (Proverbs 26:4).

How Does the Bible Describe a Fool?​

The biblical description of a “fool” can be broadly divided into the following categories:

1. Fools reject knowledge and understanding and, thus, repeat their mistakes. Scripture describes the absurdity of a fool with blunt language: truth is as useless to a fool as legs are to the lame (Proverb 26:7), and a fool repeats his folly like a dog returns to its vomit (Proverbs 26:11).

Therefore, someone who refuses to learn from his mistakes or who shuns learning and knowledge is one biblical definition of a fool. Why would fools refuse to learn their lesson? The Word illuminates: because they resent being corrected (Proverbs 15:12).

• Love
Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to telling us what to do when we’re embroiled in an argument with people who simply reject truth and understanding, the Bible gives us a wise tip: stop trying to reason with a fool.
Personally, I have not come across anyone here who I would say has simply rejected truth and understanding. Maybe it is just your version of truth and understanding that is causing a problem.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A glance at the book of Proverbs reminds us: “Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare” (Prov. 13:20 ).4 Nov 2020

Proverbs 15:18
Audio Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.

New Living Translation
A hot-tempered person starts fights; a cool-tempered person stops them.

English Standard Version
A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In particular, Proverbs tells us: “Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him” (Proverbs 26:4).

How Does the Bible Describe a Fool?​

The biblical description of a “fool” can be broadly divided into the following categories:

1. Fools reject knowledge and understanding and, thus, repeat their mistakes. Scripture describes the absurdity of a fool with blunt language: truth is as useless to a fool as legs are to the lame (Proverb 26:7), and a fool repeats his folly like a dog returns to its vomit (Proverbs 26:11).

Therefore, someone who refuses to learn from his mistakes or who shuns learning and knowledge is one biblical definition of a fool. Why would fools refuse to learn their lesson? The Word illuminates: because they resent being corrected (Proverbs 15:12).
I've come to define "fool" Biblically as, "One who ignores or denies God to their own hurt."

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Corinthians 4
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
The Light of the Gospel
1Therefore, since God in His mercy has given us this ministry,a we do not lose heart. 2Instead, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not practice deceit, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by open proclamation of the truth, we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not proclaim ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”b made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.c
Treasure in Jars of Clay
(Romans 6:1–14)
7Now we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this surpassingly great power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on all sides, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.
10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always consigned to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13And in keeping with what is written: “I believed, therefore I have spoken,”d we who have the same spirit of faith also believe and therefore speak, 14knowing that the One who raised the Lord Jesuse will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in His presence. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is extending to more and more people may overflow in thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, yet our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory that is far beyond comparison. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Commentary.

In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul talks about the light of the gospel (2 Corinthians 4:1-6). He explains that, as Christians, we are to proclaim the light – that light being Jesus. Jesus allows us to see and know the glory of God (2 Corinthians 4:6). We are to proclaim the light of Jesus in the darkness of this broken world

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I considered what I responded to be very personal. It reminded me of Jesus' parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector.
so are you the pharisee pumping your chest of how your not like sinners

Or the tax collector. so broken he can not even look up?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
So then faith is not a gift, but rather is just work? I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.