OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A glance at the book of Proverbs reminds us: “Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare” (Prov. 13:20 ).4 Nov 2020
Or perhaps even with a woman?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I don’t agree on becoming Born Again.....

Your comment.
I did not comment on your comment.

you say one chooses God...

You repeat what I have said.

I responded with Scripture verification.

show me in scripture where you chose to become Born Again.....?.....

1 Jonn 4:
[15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your comment.
I did not comment on your comment.

You repeat what I have said.

I responded with Scripture verification.

1 Jonn 4:
[15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
God says you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.....
You must be Born Again....by the will of God...its saying nothing that you chose God to give birth to your spirit.....Spirit gives birth to spirit....

You cannot choose for God to birth you in his Spirit.....nowhere in scripture....does it say...that you can baptise yourself into Christ.

You cannot birth yourself into the Spirit of God....neither can you choose to.

All the scripture you have posted ,says nothing about being Born of God...Born Again..

We need the Spirit of God....before we can walk in faith....that comes through the rebirth.

God does the drawing to,Jesus...God brings us to repentance/ Godly Sorrow....he even brings us to believe in Jesus..( not saying he believes for us) .....then we receive the Holy Spirit as God is the one who opens our heart to receive his Spirit.......according to his purpose and plan.

Lydia was a great example of how God opened her heart to receive the word.....

Spiritual rebirth is an act of God......it’s also like the wind..as God’s word says.

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who reaps receives wages and gathers fruit for eternal life so that sower and reaper may rejoice together." "Fruit for eternal life" in John 4:36 probably corresponds to fruit that abides in John 15:16, which says, "I appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide."

Jesus uses this metaphor to explain how our spiritual life, as born-again believers, is drawn from His life. God's intent for our lives is to progress from barrenness to fruitfulness, to spiritual abundance. Jesus also repeats His command for believers to love each other.

John 15:16
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.”

Explanation and Commentary of John 15:16​

This verse comes at the end of the great discourse on the vine and the branches. Jesus has urged his disciples to remain in Him because that is the way are designed to bear fruit. Beyond being saved and going to Heaven someday, it seems that the goal of Christian life is to bear fruit.

Jesus says that the disciples were chosen by him and for a purpose. He is not speaking only about his choice of the twelve, but about the grace of God for salvation. The elect are saved by grace and will continue to move forward in grace, abiding in union with Christ and bearing the fruit of the Spirit and the continuation of Jesus’ ministry in the Church. One result is that the followers of Jesus will be effective in prayer.

You aren’t understanding the message..maybe the above will help.
That is your opinion. Maybe it is you who aren't understanding the message.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....nowhere in scripture....does it say...that you can baptise yourself into Christ.
Nowhere in scripture does it say that you can't. Actually it never really talks about the baptizer except where John and the disciples are doing the baptizing. There are no conditions established for who can and can't baptize.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nowhere in scripture does it say that you can't. Actually it never really talks about the baptizer except where John and the disciples are doing the baptizing. There are no conditions established for who can and can't baptize.
Yes it does....Born of God by the will of God....Baptised in the Spirit.....not water......once again you are in error.

John 1:13​

New International Version​

13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Brought from Death to LifeThe Lord told Nicodemus unequivocally, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Only the Spirit of the living God can take dry bones, dead in trespasses and rebellion against God, and make them spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1-5

Becoming Born Again is like the wind as God’s word says.

John 3:8
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Only a Born Again by the Spirit of God..can see the Kingdom.

John 3:3-16 KJVJesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Ezekiel 11:19
Verse Concepts
And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Ephesians 3:16
Verse Concepts
that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,

Source: 16 Bible verses about The New Man In Christ

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
…its saying nothing that you chose God to give birth to your spirit.....

God has offered A WAY, His Way, For a man to be MADE a new Creature and WITH Him Forever.

If a man CHOOSES….ELECTS God…and Calls on the Lord with a pure heart…He hears…He responds with HIS works.

No issue for me…
Don’t hear or read or verify what you hear…
Don’t believe…
Don’t call on the Lord…
Don’t heartfuly confess your belief…
Don’t repent to the Lord God…
Don’t lay down your life for God….

Don’t Do anything….
Don’t Ask God anything….

See how your Do nothing, Ask nothing works out for you.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God has offered A WAY, His Way, For a man to be MADE a new Creature and WITH Him Forever.

If a man CHOOSES….ELECTS God…and Calls on the Lord with a pure heart…He hears.
You must be Born Again to be made Alive in Christ...we are the New man...when we become Born Again.and not before.
No issue for me…
Don’t hear or read or verify what you hear…
Don’t believe…
Don’t call on the Lord…
Don’t heartfuly confess your belief…
Don’t repent to the Lord God…
Don’t lay down your life for God….

Don’t Do anything….
Don’t Ask God anything….
Are you actually listening?
God does the drawing to,Jesus...God brings us to repentance/ Godly Sorrow....he even brings us to believe in Jesus..( not saying he believes for us) .....then we receive the Holy Spirit as God is the one who opens our heart to receive his Spirit.......according to his purpose and plan.
See how your Do nothing, Ask nothing works out for you.
God does the drawing to,Jesus...God brings us to repentance/ Godly Sorrow....he even brings us to believe in Jesus..( not saying he believes for us) .....then we receive the Holy Spirit as God is the one who opens our heart to receive his Spirit.......according to his purpose and plan

A man / woman must be Born Again.​

John 1:13​

New International Version​

13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Brought from Death to LifeThe Lord told Nicodemus unequivocally, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Only the Spirit of the living God can take dry bones, dead in trespasses and rebellion against God, and make them spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1-5

Becoming Born Again is like the wind as God’s word says.

John 3:8
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Only a Born Again by the Spirit of God..can see the Kingdom.

John 3:3-16 KJVJesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Ezekiel 11:19
Verse Concepts
And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Ephesians 3:16
Verse Concepts
that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,

Source: 16 Bible verses about The New Man In Christ

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be Born Again to be made Alive in Christ...we are the New man...when we become Born Again.and not before.

I don’t require to repeatedly be told to be Born Again…
That is already accomplished in me.

Correct me if I’m wrong…
You indicated God chose you, you didn’t choose Him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t require to repeatedly be told to be Born Again…
That is already accomplished in me.

Correct me if I’m wrong…
Correct...God chose me...he is the one who does the birthing in the Spirit....Spirit gives birth to spirit....my rebirth was like the wind....he testifies with our spirit that we are his children..in other words he speaks to our spirit....and he continues to testify that we are his children ,via his Spirit that lives in our spirit.

He is the one who opens our heart....he works in our hearts to bring us to repentance and Godly sorrow...we must also believe in Jesus before we become Born Again...he even brought me to believe in his Son...( not saying he believed for me)

It’s hard to explain in text...plus a lot gets misunderstood in text ....as it’s not verbal/ face to face.

John 6:44-51 KJVNo man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

God does the drawing of us to Jesus....as I explained in the post above....when I was baptised in the Spirit...it blew my mind and still does...

Baptism in the Spirit is a supernatural event and God’s word is Alive in Spirit.......the word of God is Alive and Active...his word is not dead.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did no one in the OT have faith?
Yes, In fact The NY saved we are saved by the same faith of abraham.
Only one baptism saved, the baptism of God.

man can not baptize you in Christ, or his death Only God is capable of doing this

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2 is all about Paul's defense of his and the other apostles and prophets divinely inspired revelation. That is not you.
That is incorrect.
John 6:
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
Now you,and all Christians reading here,know from what platform they present their objections to our faith.

Now,for me their profound lack of understanding is understandable.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Taken

Okay, God chose you.
And the last part…”you didn’t choose Him”?
Your response?

TY.

Already explained...by scripture....God’s “Living “ word.

Do you understand, when I say, God’s “ Living “ word?

How can God testify with our spirit that we are his children.........unless his word is Alive in Spirit?

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already explained...by scripture....God’s “Living “ word.

Do you understand, when I say, God’s “ Living “ word?

How can God testify with our spirit that we are his children.........unless his word is Alive in Spirit?

You repeating “Gods works”, does not answer the question of “your choice”.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You repeating “Gods works”, does not answer the question of “your choice.

God’s works?

Don’t change the subject.

What does the “ Living “ word of God mean.?

To you?....if you don’t understand what it means, then say?

Your choice ?.....you cannot “ choose” to be Born Again..period.....

There is no where in scripture that says......you can birth yourself into Christ......not one!

Spirit gives birth to spirit....is of God....that is the “ Living “ birth....that one needs to see the Kingdom of God.....not what “ you” think scripture to be saying..to suit your own understanding.

Being Born of God/ Born Again...is a “ supernatural “ act of God....NOT of man/ woman...as his word says.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.