OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So…you without the knowledge of having heard Gods word, without you deciding if you believe In God or without you Agreeing with God…

God forced you to Become “born again” ?

Is that correct ?
You aren’t understanding Born Again...you can only understand from your own understanding..

A Born Again is by the will of God..not your will as you keep professing..which isn’t true..it’s a lie as God’s word proves.

You seem ignorant in Spiritual understanding.....

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

True of false and how do we know this?

I do hope you answer...instead of dodging the question?

Also how can you hear God, without him testifying with our spirit that we are his children?

That’s how we know we’re Born Again...by the testifying with our spirit..via the Holy Spirit.

How else could we possibly know?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again is a gift from God,

But, as his word says...you don’t choose it.

When God brings us to himself our will is in line with his....as he made it so...and NO he doesn’t force.

Participation without choosing IS FORCE.

A Born Again is a child of God, by his will ,not by your will or anyone else’s....as his “ Living “ word says.

You do not choose to be Born Again....and I will continue to go by the living word of God....

not your man made theory.

You can speak all day long FOR YOURSELF…
Afford others the same Courtesy.

I did not express a man made theory.

It is Gods own Word for an individual to CHOOSE Him or Not.
You choosing to ignore, reject Gods Word … (that BTW you were expressly quoted) is your option, so please refrain from pretending Gods Word that you reject, is a man made theory.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did not chose God.

I chose to receive his gift of salvation.

there is a difference here
This make more sense.

My heart was already opened by God to receive that precious gift.

It just happened so very naturally....as it was God’s will that I became Born Again.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Participation without choosing IS FORCE.

A Born Again is a child of God, by his will ,not by your will or anyone else’s....as his “ Living “ word says.

You do not choose to be Born Again....and I will continue to go by the living word of God....

You can speak all day long FOR YOURSELF…
Afford others the same Courtesy.

I did not express a man made theory.

You did express a man made theory imo.and will say so as you do to me.as i said earlier you are ignorant in spiritual understanding...imo.
It is Gods own Word for an individual to CHOOSE Him or Not....NO it’s NOT..you do not choose to be Born of God....you have shown absolutely NO scripture to:support what “ you” say.
You choosing to ignore, reject Gods Word … (that BTW you were expressly quoted) is your option, so please refrain from pretending Gods Word that you reject, is a man made theory.
You are the one who has rejected the word of God..regarding Born Again...you said you chose to be Born Again..and I will reject that all day every day...as it’s NOT the word of God.

Born of God, by his will..not your will...

And still you dodge my questions about scripture...why?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not chose God.

I chose to receive his gift of salvation.

there is a difference here

Men ….. choose to HEAR Gods word…or not.
Men ….. choose to BELIEVE in God…..or not.
Men ….. choose to SUBMIT to God…..or not.
Men……choose to SERVE God…………..or not.

What God OFFERS for a mans CHOICES, is expressly revealed IN the knowledge of Gods Word.

Hear~receive measures of Faith from God.
Believe~receive particular Blessing from God
Submit~receive particular Gifts from God.
Serve~receive particular Gifts and Reward from God.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what you believe it to be saying..God’s word says differently.

Really....show me where God says that?
Col 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Col 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses....

Verse 13 is a description of being born again, being regenerated. It is the act of God who makes alive the dead in trespasses and sins. That is being born again, that is being regenerated.

Paul says in verse 12 that happens "having been buried with Him (Jesus) in baptism and raised with Him (Jesus)". Paul says that happens through faith.

Clearly all of that says that it is through faith that regeneration occurs. That demands we first believe, i.e., have faith, and then we can be born again.

And that is precisely what Jesus was talking about in John 5:24,25.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren’t understanding Born Again...you can only understand from your own understanding..

A Born Again is by the will of God..not your will as you keep professing..which isn’t true..it’s a lie as God’s word proves.

You seem ignorant in Spiritual understanding.....

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

True of false and how do we know this?

I do hope you answer...instead of dodging the question?

Also how can you hear God, without him testifying with our spirit that we are his children?

That’s how we know we’re Born Again...by the testifying with our spirit..via the Holy Spirit.

How else could we possibly know?

You are in denial and trying to make your denial my issue. It isn’t.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn’t say when we look at the serpent we are Born Agaiin... @Eternally Grateful ..that doesn’t even make sense to me...if it means Born Again to you...that’s an opinion.
No,

God said when they in faith looked at the serpent, they were saved.

Just like when we in faith look to the cross for salvation we are saved.

Its not an opinion, its a fact.
That is what you believe Born Again means..I go by God’s word.

And who said the rebirth happens before belief..I didn’t.

I said God drew me to Jesus and he brought me to believe in his Son..I did not say he believed for me.
Thank you.

You just admitted you believed in God and through that you were born again

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Col 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Col 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses....

Verse 13 is a description of being born again, being regenerated. It is the act of God who makes alive the dead in trespasses and sins. That is being born again, that is being regenerated.

Paul says in verse 12 that happens "having been buried with Him (Jesus) in baptism and raised with Him (Jesus). Paul says that happens through faith.

Clearly all of that says that it is through faith that regeneration occurs. That demands we first believe, i.e., have faith, and then we can be born again.

And that is precisely what Jesus was talking about in John 5:24,25.
That is NOT saying what you believe it to be saying...

You must be Born Again....

He makes the dead sinner Alive....when HE births them in the Spirit..Spirit gives birth to spirit.

How can you walk in faith before you are Born of God?

We Believe in Jesus first...most definitely.

But, we can’t walk in faith without the Holy Spirit giving birth to our spirit?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This make more sense.

My heart was already opened by God to receive that precious gift.

It just happened so very naturally....as it was God’s will that I became Born Again.
Its Gods will that non should perish.

sadly. Not everyone will do as you and I did. and receive his gift in faith.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No,

God said when they in faith looked at the serpent, they were saved.

Just like when we in faith look to the cross for salvation we are saved.

Its not an opinion, its a fact.

That still doesn’t make sense to me..if it does to you fine.......I have no revelation of that scripture to my spirit...I don’t understand it...neither do I have to.

I was Born Again the way God Chose...not through reading scripture.
Thank you.

You just admitted you believed in God and through that you were born again
What has that got to do with choosing to be Born of God..it has nothing to do with being birthed in the Spirit....Spirit gives birth to spirit.

I said God brought me to believe in his Son....I didn’t say he believed for me.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is NOT saying what you believe it to be saying...
It is saying exactly what I said.
You must be Born Again....
It is becoming more and more apparent that you do not know what regeneration is. You are seriously confused about what being born again means. That comes, I think, in part because or your phraseology of "birthed in the Spirit". There is no such phrase in scripture. There is no such concept in scripture. It is all in your head.

We Believe in Jesus first...most definitely.

But, we can’t walk in faith without the Holy Spirit giving birth to our spirit?
Believing in Jesus is faith ! Walking in faith is believing in Jesus, in God, in the gospel,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That still doesn’t make sense to me..if it does to you fine.......I have no revelation of that scripture to my spirit...I don’t understand it...neither do I have to.

I was Born Again the way God Chose...not through reading scripture.

What has that got to do with choosing to be Born of God..it has nothing to do with being birthed in the Spirit....Spirit gives birth to spirit.

I said God brought me to believe in his Son....I didn’t say he believed for me.
so you do not think we need to look at the cross in faith and trust in God to save us.

that makes no sense to you.

SMH

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is saying exactly what I said.
No it’s not..
It is becoming more and more apparent that you do not know what regeneration is. You are seriously confused about what being born again means. That comes, I think, in part because or your phraseology of "birthed in the Spirit". There is no such phrase in scripture. There is no such concept in scripture. It is all in your head.

My being Born of God is crystal clear to me....Spirit gives birth to spirit...same thing as being birthed by the Spirit...

Born of God is a supernatural act of God...unfortunately from my observation of your posts....you are extremely ignorant in spiritual understanding.....you even said spiritual understanding wasn’t biblical.....
Believing in Jesus is faith ! Walking in faith is believing in Jesus, in God, in the gospel,

Believe in Jesus is not faith. @JBO ...faith comes from God..when we become/Born Again...God given faith....not manmade faith.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so you do not think we need to look at the cross in faith and trust in God to save us.

that makes no sense to you.

SMH
We look to the cross..to see that Jesus died for our sins ...that he laid his life down for sinners....

The Holy Spirit keeps me Saved ...as I’m Born Again.and he will continue to keep me saved.

Without the cross there would be NO salvation...we+would all still be in darkness and sin.

He was the light that came into the world....he was destined to die, the day he was born....all part of God’s plan to reconcile us back to himself.

I am Born Again...therefore have faith to walk in the Spirit ...I’m in the New man.....my spirit is in Christ and the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God’s Children.....he does this all day every day.....oh,and testifies that I have eternal life.

As you already said to me.

Your relationship with God is different to everyone else’s....he speaks to you one way....he speaks to me another way.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We look to the cross..to see that Jesus died for our sins ...that he laid his life down for sinners....

The Holy Spirit keeps me Saved ...as I’m Born Again.and he will continue to keep me saved.

Without the cross there would be NO salvation...we+would all still be in darkness and sin.

He was the light that came into the world....he was destined to die, the day he was born....all part of God’s plan to reconcile us back to himself.

I am Born Again...therefore have faith to walk in the Spirit ...I’m in the New man.....my spirit is in Christ and the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God’s Children.....he does this all day every day.....oh,and testifies that I have eternal life.
Your born again BECAUSE of the cross. Because you BELIEVED the cross was sufficient to save you from the penalty of sin. Which means YOU LOOKED to the cross and believed.

If you did not look to the cross for salvation. Your not saved..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your born again BECAUSE of the cross. Because you BELIEVED the cross was sufficient to save you from the penalty of sin. Which means YOU LOOKED to the cross and believed.

If you did not look to the cross for salvation. Your not saved..
Nonsense.

I was Born Again by the will of God...His way..not your way of understanding doctrine.

And don’t tell me or others that they aren’t saved.....because we don’t understand doctrine like you.

Manmade doctrine..don’t penetrate this child heart...I can assure you of that.

I was Born of God his way and I looked to Jesus and believed in him....God brought me to believe in Jesus...without him doing that and enabling me to believe in his Son....I’d still be in darkness and sin..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.

I was Born Again by the will of God...His way..not your way of understanding doctrine.

And don’t tell me or others that they aren’t saved.....because we don’t understand doctrine like you.

Manmade doctrine..don’t penetrate this child heart...I can assure you of that.
whatever.

I was born again by the will of God also.

John 6: 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

I looked like he said to. and I saw. and I believed,

and through that I am saved.

I literally have never heard anyone say what you want me to see.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
whatever.

I was born again by the will of God also.

John 6: 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

I looked like he said to. and I saw. and I believed,

and through that I am saved.

I literally have never heard anyone say what you want me to see.
We must be Born Again then we are saved....the two go together and harmonise..they are in harmony with each other...you can’t have one without the other. @Eternally Grateful

Born Again and saved..you can’t be saved without the rebirth...they happen at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.