OSAS Deniers can “ Sin and Get Away With It Too! Here’s How!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS believers are extremely judgmental. They can get away with anything and still be saved, but we who don't believe OSAS can't.

OSAS - is the belief that AFTER a man's Soul IS SAVED, THAT man's Soul IS SAVED Forever.

That act OF Salvation OF a man's Soul, IS EXPRESSLY Between the Lord God and That one man's soul.

Not once has a DENIER of "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" produced one iota of Scriptural Evidence ... That the Lord God HAS Blessed a man WITH his souls salvation...
AND THEN..."unsaved" that man's soul.

Deniers of OSAS...go off on a tangent...using a catch phrase... "license to Sin"...

Instead of attacking OSAS believers...

Why do you never provide Scriptural Evidence, of the Lord God reneging on His Blessing of His Gift of Salvation Being given a man and THEN Taken back By the Lord God?

Hummm?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS - is the belief that AFTER a man's Soul IS SAVED, THAT man's Soul IS SAVED Forever.

That act OF Salvation OF a man's Soul, IS EXPRESSLY Between the Lord God and That one man's soul.

Not once has a DENIER of "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" produced one iota of Scriptural Evidence ... That the Lord God HAS Blessed a man WITH his souls salvation...
AND THEN..."unsaved" that man's soul.

Deniers of OSAS...go off on a tangent...using a catch phrase... "license to Sin"...

Instead of attacking OSAS believers...

Why do you never provide Scriptural Evidence, of the Lord God reneging on His Blessing of His Gift of Salvation Being given a man and THEN Taken back By the Lord God?

Hummm?
Well gee, if you're right I have nothing to worry about. I CAN'T be lost! But you're not right. Many who believe they can't be lost will indeed be lost and the preachers of OSAS will have lots of blood on their hands on Judgment Day.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who fall by the wayside are those who have stony Hearts. Those who have stony Hearts are the ones who receive the Message of Christ, but because the Message, or the Seed, cannot grow upon or within anything made of stone, the sun scorches the seedling and it dies. There is no root within the Heart of a person whose Heart is made of stone.

Luke 8:12-13 KJV
[12] Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. [13] They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The devil and temptation are the elements involved here. There is no mention of a stony heart in these passages. You are adding your ‘mind-control God’ theology into this parable.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The belief that Christians can live as the world lives suggests they do not have a changed heart. The warnings against riotous living are many and I fear for their souls. Personally, I believe it is a doctrine of the devil that has crept into the church.

"doctrine of the devil has crept into the Church"...

Some Churches...sure, agree.

There was an early argument by founder Statesmen, regarding the Amendment of "Bill of Rights".

People "wanted guarantees" written.
The "argument" was IF an item was NOT INCLUDED in the US Constitution....
IT IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED!!!!

The People Won their PLEAS for the Bill of Rights INCLUSION...

And THUS...Since there IS an INCLUSION...
The Lawmakers CAN Legislate Laws Regarding...speech, religious organizations, guns, etc.!!!
And The Legislature DOES, According to the US Constitution...Legislate on EVERY Topic INCLUDED in the US Constitution ... including the Bill of Rights!!!

It is specifically BECAUSE of The Bill of Rights Amendment...the Legislature has oodles of Laws regarding items in the Bill of Rights.

Thus Churches ARE Now established as Businesses.

Churches ARE conducted AS Businesses.

As in ANY Business...IF THERE ARE NO CUSTOMERS...THE BUSINESS FAILS!

• As in ANY BUSINESS, the "CUSTOMER" DICTATES, what they want, what they will and will not be WILLING to Financially Support!

We exist "IN" a world whereby Society "OF" the world...promotes, advocates, philosophizes, teaches ... everything CENTERS around an individual "FEELING GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES."

There are MEGA Churches (Businesses) in the US, that Have EXPLODED in "CUSTOMERS"...
The show up to these Mega Churches "backpatting" one another on HOW GOOD they FEEL about themselves.

WHEN Scripturally... it is the Poor in Spirit, the Down Trodden, that Are the Many Called, and Few Answer.

Scripturally...the Church is a House of Prayer Exalting God, through Worship....NOT a meeting place for Exalting men.

^ That is the crux of the matter.
And the manner in HOW a "Church" (business) conducts (manages) ITS (business model) For Establishing, Maintaining, its "customer base"... IS Trending Toward...
"Giving the "CUSTOMER"...what "THEY" want.

• Society Trend IS... "AS YOU ARE"...IS ACCEPTABLE...NO CHANGE...expected, necessary, required.

• Scripturally..."Come as you Are"..."Listen, Hear, The Great Change The Lord God Has Offered you, Verify His Offering in Scripture"...Choose YOU...IF YOU want to Accept His Offering. Exalt Him...not yourself.

Glory to God,
Taken

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not once has a DENIER of "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" produced one iota of Scriptural Evidence ...

There is plenty of evidence.

However, Once Saved Always Saved adherents have been well trained in refuting the truth of the evidence.

Much like cult followers.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well gee, if you're right I have nothing to worry about. I CAN'T be lost! But you're not right. Many who believe they can't be lost will indeed be lost and the preachers of OSAS will have lots of blood on their hands on Judgment Day.

Yet again...as expected...
irrelevant snarky remarks...
personal False accusations...
Zero Scriptural Evidence.

Try Again...

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet again...as expected...
irrelevant snarky remarks...
personal False accusations...
Zero Scriptural Evidence.

Try Again...
I think all of that describes your post quite well. There is ZERO Scriptural evidence of OSAS! If you make it I surely will make it.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But yet you provide NONE.

Romans 11:20-23 KJV
...because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Yet OSAS adherents dismiss these scriptures.

And furthermore they act contrary to the admonition to not be high minded, but to fear.

Isaiah 66:2 KJV
...to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

OSAS adherents do not tremble at the word at all. They proudly change the truth into a lie without reservation.

Reactions: Cooper

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such irony! There is ZERO Scriptural evidence of OSAS! If you make it I surely will make it.

Heb 10:
[12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb 10:
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that
ARE sanctified.

2 John 1:
[2] For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

So Do REVEAL your Scriptural Evidence that THOSE THAT ARE Sanctified ARE subject to LOSING their Salvation.

Reactions: mailmandan

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 10:
[12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Hebrews 10:26 (NKJV)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Do you sin willfully? No sacrifice, no salvation.
Heb 10:
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that
ARE sanctified.
You consider yourself perfected?
2 John 1:
[2] For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
1 Timothy 4:1 (NKJV)
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
So Do REVEAL your Scriptural Evidence that THOSE THAT ARE Sanctified ARE subject to LOSING their Salvation.
There is no OSAS in the Bible.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These verses need to be correctly interpreted in order to avoid misleading people. Merely quoting them does no one any good.

1 John 3:9
πᾶς ὁ γεγεννημένος ἐκ τοῦ Θεοῦ ἁμαρτίαν οὐ ποιεῖ, ὅτι σπέρμα αὐτοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ μένει· καὶ οὐ δύναται ἁμαρτάνειν, ὅτι ἐκ τοῦ Θεοῦ γεγέννηται.

The interlinear translation of this verse is: Anyone -- having been born of God -- sin not practices, because seed of Him in him abides, and not he is able to continue sinning, because of God he has been born.

Expressing this idiomatically, it says: Anyone --having been born of God, DOES NOT PRACTICE SIN, because His [God's] seed abides in him. And he is not able TO CONTINUE SINNING, because he has been born of God.

This corresponds to the Bible truth that when a sinner is regenerated, he or she receives a new heart, a new spirit, a new nature, and "a new man". This new nature is consistent with God's nature, since it is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. So the "new man" does not practice sin nor does he continue sinning.

But this does not mean sinless perfection for the simple reason that the old Adamic nature -- "the flesh" -- has not been eradicated. And the flesh will cause Christians to stumble, sin, and fall, in spite of the new nature. Therefore Paul says that there is an inner conflict between the flesh and the Spirit. At the same time, Paul says that those who have crucified or mortified the flesh will walk in the Spirit.
The Amplified Bible reads (1 John 3:9) - No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.

The NASB reads (1 John 3:9) - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. The idea of practice pertains to one's lifestyle or bent of life. To have weak moments and stumble and sin intermittently is different than making these behaviors a willful, habitual lifestyle.

In regards to 1 John 3:9, Greek scholar AT Robertson points out - Doeth no sin (amartian ou poiei). Linear present active indicative as in verse John 4 like amartanei in verse John 8 . The child of God does not have the habit of sin. His seed (sperma autou). God's seed, "the divine principle of life" (Vincent). Cf. John 1 . And he cannot sin (kai ou dunatai amartanein). This is a wrong translation, for this English naturally means "and he cannot commit sin" as if it were kai ou dunatai amartein or amarthsai (second aorist or first aorist active infinitive). The present active infinitive amartanein can only mean "and he cannot go on sinning," as is true of amartaneiin verse John 8 and amartanwn in verse John 6 . For the aorist subjunctive to commit a sin see amarthte and amarth in John 2:1 . A great deal of false theology has grown out of a misunderstanding of the tense of amartanein here. Paul has precisely John's idea in Romans 6:1 epimenwmen th amartiai (shall we continue in sin, present active linear subjunctive) in contrast with amarthswmen in Romans 6:15 (shall we commit a sin, first aorist active subjunctive).

1 John 3:9 Commentary - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament

Reactions: Enoch111

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Amplified Bible reads (1 John 3:9) - No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.

The NASB reads (1 John 3:9) - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. The idea of practice pertains to one's lifestyle or bent of life. To have weak moments and stumble and sin intermittently is different than making these behaviors a willful, habitual lifestyle.

In regards to 1 John 3:9, Greek scholar AT Robertson points out - Doeth no sin (amartian ou poiei). Linear present active indicative as in verse John 4 like amartanei in verse John 8 . The child of God does not have the habit of sin. His seed (sperma autou). God's seed, "the divine principle of life" (Vincent). Cf. John 1 . And he cannot sin (kai ou dunatai amartanein). This is a wrong translation, for this English naturally means "and he cannot commit sin" as if it were kai ou dunatai amartein or amarthsai (second aorist or first aorist active infinitive). The present active infinitive amartanein can only mean "and he cannot go on sinning," as is true of amartaneiin verse John 8 and amartanwn in verse John 6 . For the aorist subjunctive to commit a sin see amarthte and amarth in John 2:1 . A great deal of false theology has grown out of a misunderstanding of the tense of amartanein here. Paul has precisely John's idea in Romans 6:1 epimenwmen th amartiai (shall we continue in sin, present active linear subjunctive) in contrast with amarthswmen in Romans 6:15 (shall we commit a sin, first aorist active subjunctive).

1 John 3:9 Commentary - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament
1Jn 3:9 God's children cannot keep on being sinful. His life-giving power lives in them and makes them his children, so that they cannot keep on sinning.

So why do the OSAS people say it matters not if they sin?

Why are they sinning if they are born again, or are they not born again? The Bible says they cannot sin if they are born again. The Bible also says, By their works they are known.

I become more and more convinced that OSAS is the teaching of the deceiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 3:9 God's children cannot keep on being sinful. His life-giving power lives in them and makes them his children, so that they cannot keep on sinning.
To practice sin is to keep on being sinful, willfully, as I already explained in post #135. This does not mean that those who are born of God never stumble and sin at all. (1 John 1:8-10; 1 John 2:1) Do you subscribe to sinless perfection?

Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

So why do the OSAS people say it matters not if they sin?
Who is saying that it doesn't matter at all if you sin or just go and sin all you want? Typical straw man argument from works-salvationists and eternal IN-securists.

Why are they sinning if they are born again, or are they not born again? The Bible says they cannot sin if they are born again. The Bible also says, By their works they are known.
I already explained this in post #135. Do you claim to be sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolutely perfect, 100% of the time? Only one Person who ever walked the earth fit that description -- Jesus Christ.

I become more and more convinced that OSAS is the teaching of the deceiver.
I am convinced of just the opposite. I've noticed all false religions and cults that teach salvation by works also strongly oppose OSAS, which has always been a major red flag for me.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:20-23 KJV
...because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith.

What does that have to do with the topic of Christ Jesus' Offering of Salvation and giving Salvation and then taking it Back?

Zip, nada.

Yet OSAS adherents dismiss these scriptures.

Well no kidding!
I don't APPLY TO me ANY Scripture That Does NOT APPLY TO me.

Romans 1: Expressly is speaking About Gods People Israel...

Rom 11:
[1] I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Can't speak for you...but I am NOT an Israelite...ISRAEL Branches Broken off, doesn't Apply to me.

Rom 11:
[13] For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Oh here ...TO Gentile's. I am a Gentile.

Rom 11:
[20] Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Ooooohhhh... Because OF UNBELIEF...THEY (some Israelites) were broken off.

I am Not an Israelite.
I am Not a Gentile of Disbelief.
I am Not "highminded", ("as in" oooh oooh, me, me, me... IN belief...and na, na, Israelites cut off...which I AM Not!)

I already KNOW...Israelites are Gods First Chosen...and Me personally receiving CHRIST JESUS' Offering...has not one Iota Effect ON Gods Revealed PLAN to SAVE HIS People, ISRAEL ... and thus...
My standing is IN Belief, in and with The Lord God Almighty...and WITH other Like Converted men and WITH Gods People ISRAEL.

There is NOT one iota of Scriptural Evidence, that Applies to me...becomes inapplicable to me "BY accusations of men".

And furthermore they act contrary to the admonition to not be high minded, but to fear.

Isaiah 66:2 KJV
...to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

OSAS adherents do not tremble at the word at all.

OF course I do NOT tremble IN Fear at the Word of God.

Fear and Trembling...

2 Cor 7:
[15] And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling he receiv-ED him.

People WITHOUT Him..."are in fear"...trembling, wondering, guessing, what will become of them. Heaven or Hell. Forever Saved or forever damned and suffering.

My having RECEIV-ED Him...null and Voids a Fear and Trembling...no longer Applies to me.

Since my Conversion IN Christ;
what Applies TO ME...is:
My Heart is Not Troubled.
I am IN the Lords Peace...
God is Not angry with me...
I am Not Appointed to Wrath, (because of Gods Anger)..

John 14:

[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[
27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Rom 5:

[9] Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

They proudly change the truth into a lie without reservation.

That is YOUR Opinion, and frankly irrelevant.

I am unashamedly Confidant, in What the Lord God has Offered, I accepted, He Gave Once and Forever to me.
And exalt Him in my personal Thankfulness.
Accredit Him for His Offering.
Accredit Him for His Gifts to and for the willing to Receive.
CAN Point interested men to Gods Word OF How they also may receive His Gift of Salvation.

That is NOT Pride...
That IS Exalting The Lord God.
That is not changing Gods Word into a Lie.

Glory to God, Faithful and True,
Taken

Reactions: mailmandan

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly OSAS is bastardised by Satanist.

Well sure . . . if a person sees it the way you do. However, Salvation comes through a Circumcisecd Heart. And if one receives that Circumcision of Christ, the Faith of the Operation of God, can a person's Heart revert back to being uncircumcised? Nah . . . that cannot happen to a person, no more than the foreskin of a man's Penis be re-attached (as if any man would ever want that!)

Deuteronomy 10:16 KJV - "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."
Jeremiah 4:4 KJV - "Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench [it], because of the evil of your doings."

Clear as a bell. How this Doctrine is missed is remarkable.