OSAS Deniers can “ Sin and Get Away With It Too! Here’s How!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but some people seen to have no conscience about what they do, and these are the ones who preach OSAS.

With all due respect—— you don’t know what you are talking about.

Be careful with your accusations. I believe in Eternal Security, but on a completely different basis. I do not believe that these people are allowed to do whatever they want to do; quite the opposite.

Reactions: Cooper

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christians turn from God, like the Israelites did, then we know what their end will be.

Hang on now . . . the Leaders of Israel were put into a Deep Sleep by God. The Plan of God states that they were incapable of obeying. Again, this was and still is the Plan of God. Slow down.

Romans 11:8-12 NLT - "As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear." 9 Likewise, David said, "Let their bountiful table become a snare, a trap that makes them think all is well. Let their blessings cause them to stumble, and let them get what they deserve. 10 Let their eyes go blind so they cannot see, and let their backs be bent forever." 11 Did God's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves. 12 Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God's offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it."

We need to understand the Mysterious Plan of God.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No “ Christian” will EVER go to Hell. “there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus “!

Romans 8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hang on now . . . the Leaders of Israel were put into a Deep Sleep by God. The Plan of God states that they were incapable of obeying. Again, this was and still is the Plan of God. Slow down.

Romans 11:8-12 NLT - "As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear." 9 Likewise, David said, "Let their bountiful table become a snare, a trap that makes them think all is well. Let their blessings cause them to stumble, and let them get what they deserve. 10 Let their eyes go blind so they cannot see, and let their backs be bent forever." 11 Did God's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves. 12 Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God's offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it."

We need to understand the Mysterious Plan of God.
The whole nation turned from away from God.

Someone, I forget who, was saying that to repent means to change your mind, which is true, but equally people can change their mind the other way.

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole nation turned away from God.

Someone, I forget who, was saying that to repent means to change your mind, which is true, but equally people can change their mind the other way.

I like your tone, Cooper. Thank you!

The Mysterious Plan of God revolves around Power; and how God expresses and shows it. Check it out . . . God placed all of Israel into a deep sleep (with the exception of His Chosen Leaders, Judges, certain Holy kings, and certain Holy Prophets. He demonstrates His Power by Promising that He will, at the right time, wake them up and give them New Hearts and Spirits. This is incredible!

Romans 11:8 NLT - 8 As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear." - Paul is quoting Old Testament Scripture (Isaiah 29:10). And again, to show His unbelievable Power to control entire Nations, He will wake them up.

Jeremiah 31:33 NLT - 33 "But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," says the LORD. "I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people." - You know that I talk about Circumcised Hearts ALL . . . THE . . . TIME, and it isn't fun, but this Holy Doctrine is all throughout the Bible, Old and New.

Jeremiah 32:40 NLT - "And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me."

Ezekiel 36:26 NLT - "And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart."

I could go on and on with these kinds of verses (tons of them), but I don't want to wear out your ears and eyes! But my Blessed friend, this is the most exciting Doctrine that we can know and discover throughout the Bible . . . and it is how God is in control of us all, for without His Holy Control, no one would ever turn to Him. Never.

I beg of you to consider these things I am saying . . . the Mysterious Plan of God. It is the Core of the entire Bible and it can best be discovered through the Triangle of Truth. See attached below:

(I respect you, as I respect all, here. Please remember that. You are very important.)

Attachments

• Triangle of Truth.png
    Triangle of Truth.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No “ Christian” will EVER go to Hell. “there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus “

To “ Repent” means to “ change your mind” . If one goes from thinking “ I’m Good Enough to go to Heaven “ to “ Lord Jesus, have Mercy on me a Sinner”, That person has undergone all the Repentance he or she will ever need.....
If Repentance means Sorrow and Regret for Sinning , and it “ does” at times .....If “ that” type of repenting Saves a person......Judas will be honored in Heaven, and that ain’t happening...
Repenting does not automatically mean “ repent from sins”......Moses told God to Repent once....had God committed a sin, or was Moses pleading for God to “ change His mind?” ( God was about to kill ALL of the Hebrews in the Wilderness and start over with Moses..... Mercifully, GOD REPENTED —- thanks to Moses , God “ changed His mind”......
As far as “ willful sins” are concerned.....put on your Thinking Cap if you have one and try to “ see” that enormous amounts of your Sins are “ willful”.....David’s Sins could not have “ been” more Willful.....because of his Faith, his wickedness was Forgiven and covered by the Blood ....he also paid one Hell of a price for his sins here on earth.....he would never consider doing a repeat of his Adultery and Murder —- David’s life was ruined after his sins were discovered. You really think God was caught “ off-guard” when He promised ( because of Faith in Jesus ) to “ Forget” all of our sins? He promises to “ Save to the Uttermost all that come to Him through His Son?
God knew that some of His Foolish Children would sin on purpose.....we have the freedom to do so. GOD also has Freedom —- He knows how to give His Children an “ attitude adjustment” when they think that they can “ sin and get away with it”—— just ask David !
Thank you. I see lots of words and your opinion but no passages from Scripture to support your theory.

I did as you suggested and put my thinking cap on ;)

Your 500 year teaching from Calvin is not logical and is opposite of what Scripture teaches and Christianity has been teaching for 2,000 years.

I know these passages from Scripture won't change your mind but if you put your thinking cap on, that is if you have one, maybe they will:

1. In Matthew 6:15 Jesus tells us “if you do not forgive men, neither will your heavenly Father forgive you your offenses.” I don’t care how “born again” you are or how many experiences you may have had, if you don’t forgive others, you will not be forgiven, according to the text. And there will be no people in heaven God refuses to forgive (see Revelation 21:27; Hab. 1:13)!

2. Galatians 5:4 says Christians can “fall from grace.” You have to be in a state of grace in order to fall from it.

3. In John 15:1-6, Jesus uses the metaphor of a vine and branches for himself (the vine) and Christians (the branches). And yet, he would then say if a Christian “does not abide” in the vine, he will be “cast forth as a branch . . . gathered, [and] thrown into the fire” (v. 6).

4. Romans 11:18-22 tells us we can be “cut off” from Christ and be lost. Verse 22 says, “Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off.”

5. Revelation 22:18-19 warns us that God can “take away [our] share in the tree of [eternal] life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.”

6-10. The sacred text assures us over and over again that if we commit certain sins and we do not repent of them, we will not go to heaven (see Matthew 5:44-45, 10:32-33; Ephesians 5:3-5; I Corinthians 6:9-11; Galatians 5:19-21; Revelation 21:6-8). It makes no sense, if we are justified by faith alone, that what we do would be so plainly said to be the cause of eternal damnation.

bible study Mary

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful with your accusations. I believe in Eternal Security, but on a completely different basis. I do not believe that these people are allowed to do whatever they want to do; quite the opposite.

Not an accusation.....it is FACT.....you made the “ Accusation” Of my group having no “ conscience” when it comes to sin....I happen to KNOW that you are wrong and I told you so.....wanna hear it again?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No “ Christian” will EVER go to Hell.

Plenty who will say to Jesus, Lord, Lord; but who, because they were workers of iniquity, He will say to them, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels...
Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41.

If one goes from thinking “ I’m Good Enough to go to Heaven “ to “ Lord Jesus, have Mercy on me a Sinner”, That person has undergone all the Repentance he or she will ever need.....

One must cease to be a worker of iniquity to go to heaven (Matthew 7:23, Matthew 13:41-42).

Repenting does not automatically mean “ repent from sins”...

1. In Matthew 6:15 Jesus tells us “if you do not forgive men, neither will your heavenly Father forgive you your offenses.” I don’t care how “born again” you are or how many experiences you may have had, if you don’t forgive others, you will not be forgiven, according to the text.

Being born again means being made into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)); and therefore it becomes the nature of the born again believer to forgive.

2. Galatians 5:4 says Christians can “fall from grace.” You have to be in a state of grace in order to fall from it.

3. In John 15:1-6, Jesus uses the metaphor of a vine and branches for himself (the vine) and Christians (the branches). And yet, he would then say if a Christian “does not abide” in the vine, he will be “cast forth as a branch . . . gathered, [and] thrown into the fire” (v. 6).

4. Romans 11:18-22 tells us we can be “cut off” from Christ and be lost. Verse 22 says, “Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off.”

5. Revelation 22:18-19 warns us that God can “take away [our] share in the tree of [eternal] life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.”

6-10. The sacred text assures us over and over again that if we commit certain sins and we do not repent of them, we will not go to heaven (see Matthew 5:44-45, 10:32-33; Ephesians 5:3-5; I Corinthians 6:9-11; Galatians 5:19-21; Revelation 21:6-8). It makes no sense, if we are justified by faith alone, that what we do would be so plainly said to be the cause of eternal damnation.

bible study Mary

All of the above scenarios have to do with warnings from holy scripture that are intended to put the fear of the LORD into the hearts of those who are truly redeemed. If one is not truly redeemed, they will not have the fear of the LORD in them and the verses may apply to them in condemning them on their day of judgment.

However, in Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), and in Psalms 19:9 (kjv), we find a promise in holy scripture that defies the common argument against John 10:27-30, that while no one can snatch us out of God's hand, we can walk away ourselves.

If someone is truly redeemed, then they have the fear of the LORD in them, and will never walk away.

Again, passages that warn that one might be able to lose one's salvation, for the redeemed, are intended to produce the fear of the LORD; however through the fear of the LORD the scriptures declare that we can indeed have eternal security.

I know it is kind of a brain-twister; however God can supernaturally show you the answer and give you His fear alongside of a confidence that you won't ever lose your salvation.

It is only when you begin to skirt the boundaries that this fear would ever become terror; or a feeling in your heart.

As long as you stay well within the boundaries of what it means to abide in Christ, there is no reason to fear damnation; while the fear of damnation should keep you well within the boundaries.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an accusation.....it is FACT.....you made the “ Accusation” Of my group having no “ conscience” when it comes to sin....I happen to KNOW that you are wrong and I told you so.....wanna hear it again?
Unfortunately, while the accusation may not apply to you, @Blood Bought 1953, it does apply to some who hold to the doctrine of OSAS as opposed to POTS.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do what I “want” around the clock, as do you. You just don’t have the self-insight to understand this Truth ....don’t attack “ me” because I “DO”......
Here is what you miss in regard to Christianity ....I do what I “ Want”. God changes my “ Wants”. They line up with His. Simple as that.I think it may be a reward for obeying a command from God , that “ command” bring to “ REST in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing. That Gospel is Found In 1Cor15:1-4..... until one Believes that first part about Jesus dying for our sins , one is wasting his time .I don’t know what those types really are—— they ain’t Christians...

Reactions: Debp

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do what I “want” around the clock, as do you. You just don’t have the self-insight to understand this Truth ....don’t attack “ me” because I “DO”......
Here is what you miss in regard to Christianity ....I do what I “ Want”. God changes my “ Wants”. They line up with His. Simple as that.I think it may be a reward for obeying a command from God , that “ command” bring to “ REST in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing. That Gospel is Found In 1Cor15:1-4..... until one Believes that first part about Jesus dying for our sins , one is wasting his time .I don’t know what those types really are—— they ain’t Christians...
But I do believe that you are saying that resting in the gospel of grace + nothing will produce holiness of character every time.

So then, if someone does not have holy character, does it not mean that they have missed the gospel as you are proclaiming it?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God changes my “ Wants”. They line up with His. Simple as that

Can you cite scripture on this?

Because there are plenty of scripture that teaches us to deny ungodliness (Titus 2:12).

Scripture tells us to mortify the deeds of the body (Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5).

Scripture tells us to put off the corrupt old man (Ephesians 4:22; Colossians 3:9).

And so on.

If God changes our wants to be His wants, there would be no need to do anything in our faith.

Yet scripture tells us to add to our faith (2 Peter 1:5-8).

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God changes our wants to be His wants, there would be no need to do anything in our faith.

It's pretty tough to deny the below verse. I have plenty more.

Ezekiel 36:27 ESV - "And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules."

May God Bless you with His Causations! (When God begins to Control your life, you will be so thankful!)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you cite scripture on this?

Because there are plenty of scripture that teaches us to deny ungodliness (Titus 2:12).

Scripture tells us to mortify the deeds of the body (Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5).

Scripture tells us to put off the corrupt old man (Ephesians 4:22; Colossians 3:9).

And so on.

Yet scripture tells us to add to our faith (2 Peter 1:5-8).

Psalms 37:4 in conjunction with Jeremiah 17:9 would tell me that a change in my heart means that I would begin to desire good things rather than according to a heart that is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked...otherwise God would be tricking me in giving me the desires of my heart by giving me things that are not good for me...see also Ezekiel 36:25-27 and Luke 8:15, Romans 15:14 also.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

. I do not believe that these people are allowed to do whatever they want to do; quite the opposite.

Without the Freedom to “ do whatever they want to do”......God has created a Race Of Robots. How would God derive any pleasure by being “,worshiped” by Zombies .

Perhaps it works this way.....God desires a Love and a Worship for Him , FREELY GIVEN by those that have the ability to do otherwise ...All one has to do is to get to “ Know Him”..... once “that” happens, the Love and Worship is guaranteed to follow naturally .....Paul said that above all , he desired to “ know” God....we should have that same desire and pray earnestly for it..... “RESTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross—- BELIEVING in the Gospel—— especially that first part where “ Jesus died for your Sins” is the Starting Point.If you have not reached “ that part” —- God declares one is “ Disobedient” and guilty of “ Unbelief”......One will not get to “ know Him” if they lack the Faith to REST in His Promises.They mightnot even be Saved...... The “ take-away” from all of this? Do the “Sabbath” that God is interested in——- it ain’t a Day.....it’s a state of mind....it’s RESTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross .....manifested by Resting in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4.....

Reactions: Debp

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in agreement....

Heb 4:10, For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11, Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty who will say to Jesus, Lord, Lord; but who, because they were workers of iniquity, He will say to them, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels...
Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41.
Thanks.....

In that passage Christ was saying he never knew the people that they had become, not that he never knew them at all.

Further Scripture reading concerning this matter: For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

So you see they had knowledge of the Lord, escaped the pollutions of the world by becoming Christians. Then they went back to their old ways...they returned to their vomit. This matches up with 1 John 2:24: Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And that matches up with Colossians 1:22-23: In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and un-blamable and un-reproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,.....

So you see JBF Scripture says we are only saved IF we continue in the faith. If we don't and we fall away and go back to our vomit we will not be saved.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group @justbyfaith

Then why are we still instructed to chose to obey righteousness, and disobey the lusts of the mortal body (Romans 6:12)?

Along with the passages I already cited at post #93?

That is an excellent question. You may not like the answer, but if you were God, and you wanted to keep your Holy Gospel to be a hidden Secret and Mystery, you would write things that seem to be in opposition of itself. I promise you this . . . when you acknowledge that there is a hidden, Mysterious Plan, these things will come to Holy Light. Also, it is important to remember that our asking, seeking, and knocking . . . these three should never, ever, never, ever stop. The moment we stop asking, seeking, and knocking, that is when the doors to the Mysterious Plan are slammed shut. Study the three Scripture sets below . . . this is the Triangle of Truth that will help to guide you in the most unbelievable story ever told.

Attachments

• Triangle of Truth.png
    Triangle of Truth.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0