OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??? I "openly declared it sinful to respect and love those that have different beliefs"? Which post was that in?

Patient Mary
Here:
Also let the record show that I believe that by respecting your beliefs/teachings/doctrines, which is opposite of the teachings of The Church established in scripture, is sinful and should be repented of.
Someone's beliefs are part of who they are. If I trash talk Catholicism, I trash talk you (for example).

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
1 Corinthians 16:13

1 Cor 15:1-2 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here:

Someone's beliefs are part of who they are. If I trash talk Catholicism, I trash talk you (for example).
Lol.....You sincerely don't recognize that sentence?? Seriously? Oh goodness....:(

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....You sincerely don't recognize that sentence?? Seriously? Oh goodness....:(

Mary
Mary, I honestly see you. I honestly listen to you. I honestly care about what you believe. I honestly love you.
Can you say the same for any non-Catholic on here?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 15:1-2 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
Thankfully The Church is standing firm in the gospel. If it wasn't, I wouldn't belong to it.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, I honestly see you. I honestly listen to you. I honestly care about what you believe. I honestly love you.
I'm serious.....You don't recognize those words???? (that by respecting your beliefs/teachings/doctrines, which is opposite of the teachings of The Church established in scripture, is sinful and should be repented of)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm serious.....You don't recognize those words???? (that by respecting your beliefs/teachings/doctrines, which is opposite of the teachings of The Church established in scripture, is sinful and should be repented of)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You like to ask questions, but never answer them. I'm not playing that game kiddo....soooooo...Guess you don't recognize scripture when it's in front of you AND your own words?

Patient Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You like to ask questions, but never answer them. I'm not playing that game kiddo....soooooo...Guess you don't recognize scripture when it's in front of you AND your own words?

Patient Mary

(Until you answer this question directly, I will not stop asking it. Love is a foundational of part of being a Christian and I'm not going to chase butterflies until this is directly answered)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you....If someone trash talks the denomination that a person is a member of they are, in effect, trash talking that person.

I am not trash talking any denomination. I am simply saying The Church, just like scripture says, has the Truth and anyone that preaches/practices/believes or has doctrines that are opposite of the Truth then they should repent. Isn't that what scripture says?

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you....If someone trash talks the denomination that a person is a member of they are, in effect, trash talking that person.

I am not trash talking any denomination. I am simply saying The Church, just like scripture says, has the Truth and anyone that preaches/practices/believes or has doctrines that are opposite of the Truth then they should repent. Isn't that what scripture says?

Mary

(Until you answer this question directly, I will not stop asking it. Love is a foundational of part of being a Christian and I'm not going to chase butterflies until this is directly answered)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok....I will pretend that I scorned you. If you felt scorned then that's all that matters. Feelings do matter.

I do honestly listen to and care about and love others on this website...Just as I do all people. :)

I love them so much I want them to know the Truth. Scripture says The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth. Not you. Not me. No individual.

However, I am concerned what happens when those people that I share the Truth with reject the Truth (Luke 10:16).

I also know what to do if they reject the Truth (Matthew 10:14).

Bible study Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do honestly listen to and care about and love others on this website...Just as I do all people. :)
Show me an example of you listening to a non-Catholic and caring about what it is they believe (not what you want them to believe. This isn't about you or Catholicism.)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me an example of you listening to a non-Catholic and caring about what it is they believe (not what you want them to believe. This isn't about you or Catholicism.)
Lol....Your killing me here Jane Doe.

First, show me where I scorned you and then we can move on.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....Your killing me here Jane Doe.

Again, love is a foundational of part of being a Christian. Sharing an example of you listening to a non-Catholic (which is prerequisite to loving them) should be easy for disciple of Christ. I'm not going to chase butterflies anymore.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again, love is a foundational of part of being a Christian. Sharing an example of you listening to a non-Catholic (which is prerequisite to loving them) should be easy for disciple of Christ. I'm not going to chase butterflies anymore.
Thank you for your time Jane.

Not sure you were showing me love when you suggested I move on to a Catholic forum. Real nice of ya' :rolleyes:

Or when you said that I continually shout these same childish argument and un-Christ-like behaviors. Is that you showing a Catholic how you care about what it is they believe and not what you want them to believe? o_O

Or when you said the CC has "falsehoods"....Thank you for that oh kind loving one......

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your time Jane.

Not sure you were showing me love when you suggested I move on to a Catholic forum. Real nice of ya' :rolleyes:

Or when you said that I continually shout these same childish argument and un-Christ-like behaviors. Is that you showing a Catholic how you care about what it is they believe and not what you want them to believe? o_O

Or when you said the CC has "falsehoods"....Thank you for that oh kind loving one......
Mary, I do care about you. I've learned a lot about you during this conversation and others. That you full-heartedly truth the Catholic Church, that you feel strongly about sharing the Gospel, that you are new to the Catholic faith, and just finished attending RCIA. That you feel very strongly about stances on abortion, SSA, and the Real Presence (among others). I've also shared many thing about the Catholic faith I've admired, and my experience attending/studying it. Yes, I disagree with some thing you believe (even find some to be false doctrines- a stance held by all non-Catholics) but that doesn't stop me listening, respecting, or loving you.

I do find your proselytizing style on here to be childish and lacking love, hence why I keep stressing the importance of love and pushing that subject with you. I want to help you be a better Catholic, belief share-er, and a better Christian / person in general. Again, why I keep stressing the subject of love even when people disagree about theology. I'm not trying to convince you not to be Catholic-- I'm happy you're Catholic and would love it if you walked away from here being a better Catholic whom has/shows real love of other people, better fulfilling the 2nd Great Commandment.

Now, can you show me an example of you listening to a non-Catholic and caring about what it is they believe (not what you want them to believe. This isn't about you or Catholicism.)

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Thankfully The Church is standing firm in the gospel. If it wasn't, I wouldn't belong to it.

Mary

Born again Christians who haven't believed in vain are, either you truly believe or you don't

Jhn 3:18 Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Rom 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am saying that, yes.
Scripture is also saying that.
1 John 3:9
I hear you and I guess you hear me, but God hears us both even though our words say two different ways. God seeing the heart sees the one Way always according to our direction as He leads us.
Do you realize a Converted man, does not have the same Heart?
A circumcised new heart, is part of the Conversion
We both believe that, but yours seems complete before mine is. Sometimes I wish we could all believe it exactly the same, but even that I guess is not how God made it to be, is it?

Don't get me wrong, I said nothing about being "finished".

Conversion includes many things...and my point is Once God Accomplishes those particular things, THAT is what is Done, Once, and forever.

There is much more a man can do, and for doing more, he will receive more. Do less, receive less.
We keep on pushing to get everyone on our side. Help us all to end on Your side, dear Lord.
Rest my friend. No worries. Should the Lord call up His Church tonight, I'd be seeing you.

You are welcome, and thank you as well,
God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken
This afternoon, I got in a good nap. For the flesh that was a rest, a refreshing, but God has something so much better...