OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
It is not surprising to me you can't see it......

You didn't say Jesus Christ was the only way to get to heaven. Re-read your post #349 to see what you REALLY SAID.

It is a theory....Look up the definition of the word.

Are you ready to get back to the OSAS theory?

Mary

Right, what are we confessing and believing in - Jesus Christ or Buddah

The carnal mind can't believe its finished, the cross is a jus a theory . foolishness to those who are perishing

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Of course not. Free will still exist. Someone has to make a choice for God for him tonight for know who loves him,

But it also means there was no gospel for those who came to God under conscience. They didn't know the Holy Spirit, Christ etc. they had no Bible.

They had their conscious in the Holy Spirit and if God wills it angelic visits.

Totally different from today. Totally different under Mosaic law and will be totally different in the future.

God is not limited to one way.

That's right Rom 1:20

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense: they loved, understood, and talk *to* people. World's difference.
Wrong again....they TOLD people what to do and believe. There was no negotiation. They didn't listen TO other people and tell them "well, if you believe that instead of what I told you, that's ok". If they did practice that show me in scripture where they did it.....

One can love a person and still tell them the Truth AND expect them to follow the Truth even if they disagreed with it. That is what Jesus and the Apostles did.

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again....they TOLD people what to do and believe. There was no negotiation. They didn't listen TO other people and tell them "well, if you believe that instead of what I told you, that's ok". If they did practice that show me in scripture where they did it.....

One can love a person and still tell them the Truth AND expect them to follow the Truth even if they disagreed with it. That is what Jesus and the Apostles did.

Mary
You totally skipped the love and understand part.

I'm not talking about negotiation Truth. I'm talking about Christ and other Good teachers understanding and loving the people they talked to.

Now Mary: Tell me about a time you listened to a forum member here and gained a better understanding and love of them.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You totally skipped the love and understand part.

I'm not talking about negotiation Truth. I'm talking about Christ and other Good teachers understanding and loving the people they talked to.

Now Mary: Tell me about a time you listened to a forum member here and gained a better understanding and love of them.
I assumed you knew scripture. If you did know scripture you would know that you can love and understand someone and still tell them they are going to hell if they don't change their ways.....Just like Jesus and the Apostles did.

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assumed you knew scripture. If you did know scripture you would know that you can love and understand someone and still tell them they are going to hell if they don't change their ways.....Just like Jesus and the Apostles did.

Mary
And you neither love nor understand. Hence all of your lecturing is clanging brass which will only drive people away from what you believe.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you neither love nor understand. Hence all of your lecturing is clanging brass which will only drive people away from what you believe.

It is because I love you that I want you to know the Truth. Just like Jesus and the Apostles loved the people they conversed with. They told them the Truth out of love. And yes, they did "lecture". ;)

If you don't like to hear the Truth and be lectured to when you reject the Truth then you should not converse with me or read scripture.

@BreadOfLife gave me a better understanding and love of him. Your turn. :rolleyes:

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is because I love you
Nonsense.
You don't remotely know who I am and openly socrn me simply because I am not Catholic. I am nothing more than a loveless project for you.

Sorry for having to be very blunt here, but your motivations and actions are not like Christ's.
@BreadOfLife gave me a better understanding and love of him.
You listening to an echo chamber doesn't count.

I gave an example earlier:
Yep, I do listen to people there. I have learned much about what other members of the forum believe, and increased my love towards them. For example, Taken and I've talked much the last few days and I now better understand his/her views and better love him/her. .
Taken's and my views are EXTREMELY different, but I still appreciate him/her and am happy to better understand why he/she beliefs as they do.

Last edited:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Anyone rapture ready.

Jhn 10:28-30 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch (harpazo) them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch (harpazo) them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

1 Thess 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up (harpazo) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Rev 12:5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter." And her child was snatched up (harpazo) to God and to his throne.

revelation 12 sign - Google Search

Reactions: Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get your point.
However I do not understand as you do.
I would not expect you to... so long as you agree, [inasmuch as you are able], with God. Praise His name.

Speaking from a Hebrew/Jewish point of view, and "under" the OLD covenant, is one thing.

Speaking from a Converted man/ Jew or Gentile, and "under" the NEW covenant, is another thing.

So, addressing the New covenant, to which "I" am "under"... so also, is my understanding.
It sounds good. I hope that it is, good that is, ... even if I cannot agree or perhaps even understand it.

Sin, lies, cheating, stealing, divorcing, deceiving, leaving, etc. IS about the RELATIONSHIP, between "A" man and the "Lord God Almighty"... thee:
Lord - Jesus
God - Father
Almighty - Spirit

By and through, "A" man 'CHOOSING to "hear" and Become "enlightened", TO the Word of God...such man BECOMES "blessed"..
WITH MEASURES of "a gift of Faith" from God.

Such man WHO "chooses" to "CONTINUED" being "enlightened"...."CONTINUES" receiving
"A gift of INCREASED MEASURES of Faith" from God.

There IS NO "COMMITMENT" on the mans part.

At ANY TIME, the man CAN STOP "hearing", STOP being "enlightened", STOP receiving "Faith" from God.

^ THAT man, is called .... "Fallen Away from Faith".

^ THAT man, is warned .... he is in danger of "LOSING his SALVATION".

"His Salvation"? Yes.
"His Salvation, Because Salvation IS A GIFT,
"OFFERED" by Christ Jesus, TO THE WHOLE World, which the Whole World, is INCLUSIVE of every single man, Ever naturally born.

It is important to understand, the Gift of Salvation ..... IS OFFERED.
It is not a gift Forced, upon a man.

It is OFFERED.
Every Individual man, can Decide for himself, "IF" he desires to ......
"TAKE" the gift...Jesus has "OFFERED"...
OR NOT.
I agree that it is offered. I suppose my disagreement would be in exactly what it means to accept the offer. It certainly requires more than spoken words. Sometimes, I believe, that a person speaks what seem to be the right words but because of the lack of real conviction and/or love behind them they fall short and the person saying them does not even know it. A question a person may ask of himself is exactly what does God expect and/or require in order for Him to consider the offer as having been accepted.

There is NO END to Jesus' "OFFERED" gift, for generation after generations of men who will be naturally born, that THEY ALSO, have right to "TAKE" Jesus' "OFFERED" Gift of Salvation.

"ONCE" "ANY" individual man "CHOOSES" to "TAKE" Jesus' OFFERED Gift of Salvation...

And that mans CONFESSION of TRUE BELIEF,
IN GOD, IN JESUS, the Son of GOD...
(in the mans natural spirit, in his heart....NOT the mans MIND)....

Thee "OFFERED" gift of Salvation, from God,
Becomes, RECEIVED, unto "THAT" individual man, ONCE and FOREVER.
What you present may be good, but again what does a man have to do to really attain the once and forever salvation of which you speak? To many and perhaps all people it would require as I see it a walk of prayer without ceasing and a rejoicing in the Lord always. Has not God not given us through Jesus the means to do this?

Some people who have met the Lord, speak of never failing God again, nevertheless, do.

That "RECEIVED" gift of Salvation; is Coupled with "OTHER" gifts, Also RECEIVED unto that individual man, at the SAME TIME....ie

Forgiveness for NOT having believed.
Forgiveness for the Flesh corrupting the Soul.
The Soul, restored to good, as when God gave it life, with His Breath.
A new circumcised heart.
Or simply the same choice that Adam and Eve had. They had it and threw it away so all of their offspring including you and me were born dead. We have been offered Life. Our opportunity once we have met the Master to it right... or NOT.

A new truth written in the new heart. (Christ IS the Seed of God, the Word of God, the Power of God, Jesus; God in the Flesh).
The Seed of God planted in the mans new heart.
The Seed of God, RE-births the mans "natural spirit", (subject to death with its natural flesh); TO a 'supernatural spiritual spirit" (Never again, subject to death.)
The Holy Spirit of God, has brought (QUICKENED) the man spirit to everlasting life, (Via Gods Seed and Power) and His Holy Spirit is now IN and WITH the man Forever.
You would give us so much more than was given to Adam and Eve. They had the choice of Life or death and chose death. We, as I see it, have been given the same choices. It is not one time instantaneous thing. God wants us to love Him enough to go ahead with the possibility and move into Him decreasing the old and the new is increased within us. Stopping or reversing is always an option at any time before we have completely the journey. To stop or to reverse ultimately is the unending death.

And His, My GOD'S POWER within me,
KEEPS ME from EVER AGAIN being ABLE to COMMIT SIN AGAINST Him, MY Lord God Almighty.
That power within you, as I see keeps it from being necessary for you to sin again, but if you, in spite of the power and that Love, choose to lean on yourself on anyone or anything else, you may do so. Those possibilities have not been removed. Why would anyone be so foolish as to choose one of them? Why did Adam and Eve choose to disobey God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus ~

continued...

So WHAT ABOUT my "RELATIONSHIP" with "other men?

Can lies, cheating, deceiving, backstabbing, stealing, divorcing, leaving, etc.
OCCUR Between A Converted man, and any other man?

Absolutely. IS it a SIN? No.
I disagree with your conclusion, but what is in your heart is what matters, I believe, for you and God. I would guess that your situation, if true, might come as per these verses:

"Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." Rom 14:22-23

I cannot see it for me that way. I have faith for another way, which I believe is right with God. Is it possible that God will accept both of us without change? What do I know of these things? If you really have faith for the way you say, who am I to say nay. That is between you and God.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken
And Merry Christmas to you my friend. I am sorry I could not respond to every sentence and thought, but I was unable to concentrate on it all and keep it together in my brain to remain meaningful. Hopefully what I have answered will help you understand where I am even if you cannot be in precisely the same place.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Taken

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is one that is based in time, Once Saved Always Saved. Yet this perspective speaks nothing of God's eternal view. Let me pose a few simple questions to stimulate thought.

1. When is salvation for the believer enacted?
2. Will God be surprised by who is saved or not saved?
3. For an eternal being (God) does he experience time in the same manner as us finite creatures?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This topic is one that is based in time, Once Saved Always Saved. Yet this perspective speaks nothing of God's eternal view. Let me pose a few simple questions to stimulate thought.

1. When is salvation for the believer enacted?
2. Will God be surprised by who is saved or not saved?
3. For an eternal being (God) does he experience time in the same manner as us finite creatures?

1. When he believes and confesses, Rom 10:9
2. No
3. Yes and no

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well than if you must, if not for Gods grace the majority of christians on this forum would go to hell becasue they prefer there religions there study there understanding and there own ways to His, but what do you do when God is last in mens lives when Him and Christ should be first above all things,..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some people who have met the Lord, speak of never failing God again, nevertheless, do.
Well can only put is as Pia was told by Jesus, " there is no such thing as failing only trying". Oh and by the way He never added," as long as you keep trying"

And that is enough for Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well can only put is as Pia was told by Jesus, " there is no such thing as failing only trying". Oh and by the way He never added," as long as you keep trying"

And that is enough for Him.
We give Him all that we have and while we do He then will fill in the considerable gaps of what is needed. Unfortunately what I have seen is that people who have started out giving to God what they could later along their way pulled back from Him refusing to give even what they had. Two verses immediately come to mind on this:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" Rom 12:1

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" Gal 6:9

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.
You don't remotely know who I am and openly socrn me simply because I am not Catholic. I am nothing more than a loveless project for you.

Sorry for having to be very blunt here, but your motivations and actions are not like Christ's.

You listening to an echo chamber doesn't count.

I gave an example earlier:

Taken's and my views are EXTREMELY different, but I still appreciate him/her and am happy to better understand why he/she beliefs as they do.
Hi Jane,

Wow...I openly "scorn" you. Where did I do that? I have been blunt with you and you take it as scorning. However when your blunt with me it is____________ (fill in the blank)

scorn defined:

1. open contempt or disdain for a person or thing; derision
2. an object of contempt or derision
3. archaic an act or expression signifying contempt
4. to treat with contempt or derision
5. (tr) to reject with contempt

If your mad at me for speaking my mind and holding my ground on my beliefs, practices and doctrines and you believe by me doing this causes a disconnect or division then you must REALLY be mad :mad: at Jesus (Luke 12:51) and the Apostles (Romans 16:17-18, 1 Corinthians 1:10-13).

At least I am not trying to avoid you like scripture says I should. :rolleyes:

Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not expect you to... so long as you agree, [inasmuch as you are able], with God. Praise His name.

Knowing who is a brother in Christ, is the basic. Individually growing in understanding, IS "individual". That does not "affect" Brothers "IN Christ", that that may be corrupted.

Didn't repost all your text...but will try to hit on your points.

Man can DO NOTHING, without God.
The very most basic thing a man CAN do, is choose to Hear Gods Word, that God provided from the beginning, and has servants spreading His Word across the this World.

The moment a man Hears the Word of God....the mans Choices begins..
1) continue hearing...or close their ears, and get out of ear-shot.
2) men are curious...and most will listen to some things....and there some men will be intrigued and continue...others will quickly form an opinion, and reject,
3) it is always the eager to hear, that advance more quickly...
4) it is always the ones who Continue...where God intervenes...
5) Hear...God begins "giving" Faith, to the mans "NATURAL" spirit, in his "NATURAL" heart.
6) Saving the man? No.
7) Preparing the man...."with measures of Faith".
8) Man Continues hearing...more faith given.
9) Man Rejects, walks away...faith stops being given.
10) Man is called, having "fallen from faith"....Not fallen from Salvation.
11) Man stays in rejection, "man becomes subject to "losing the offered Salvation".
12) How does a man "lose" what he doesn't yet possess?
13) He loses it, by never Claiming it, Taking the Offer.

(You could enter a Contest, say for a new car. They would notify you, you have won, it's yours, to come claim (by such and such a date)...say you missed the deadline date. Even though the car was yours to Claim, you missed the date, you forfeit the car. You lost the prize.)

( Perhaps a poor analogy....however, Salvation is similar. Every person naturally born, has "won the prize"...Salvation. It is theirs to claim and take. The deadline, IS Before the BODY, naturally dies. If a man misses the deadline, and does not take and claim his Salvation...he forfeits his Salvation. He has lost his Salvation.)

14) Scripture is full of knowledge...to:
Hear, Learn, Find out what the Lord is offering you, Find out how to claim what He wants you to have.
15) oh, oh, that is so greedy, so say some.
16) something for nothing?
17) Fact is, God takes care of God First.
18) Every single man WHO becomes Converted...Becomes Gods Inheritance.
19) And greedy of man? No, That natural body, of every single man, IS payment, of every single man....Payment for Everylasting life, (if the man ACCEPTS Gods OFFER), or that body pays (becomes dead), and forfeits the prize.
(That body becomes destroyed, OUT of Gods sight)
Or the other option, that body becomes gloriously perfected, and forever with God...and He thus can enjoy His inheritance.
20) wait...isn't Jesus' body, payment for "ever-lasting" life?
21) Yes...Jesus first, and then men. His body was pure, uncorrupted.
22) Without His body being First, and pure...and His Spirit "covering" the sin of a corrupt mans body....a man could never, have a "washed and sanctified" Body, to offer to God....When He comes to "redeem", take/claim, Bodies of men, to Glorify them.

Eternal, forever saved?
1) men are wishy-washy.
2) God is not.
3) Scripture notifies a man step, by step, (if a man bothers to study Gods Order).
OF what Exactly, HE SHALL DO, to every single BODY, "willing" to Become "Converted".
4) It always hinges on how much Effort, the man puts forth, TO HEAR His Word, which becomes Equal to How Much, Faith the man receives.
5) I am not talking about "understanding" of Gods mysteries, but simple basic things...which prepares a man FOR receiving Salvation.
6) we can see some kids, eager and hungry to gobble up His word, while we can also see adults, even 50 yrs old, who have NO clue, what His Word says.
7) thus we find such a mass array, of individuals, whom, we think SHOULD be the wise, in Gods word, yet are simply older, and ignorant.
8) the Point is...God already KNOWS who will willingly Convert...and When...and at what time, He will "Call them"....and "IF" they will come to Him.
9) it is men who walk about "wondering";
About themselves, About others.
10) the Point is....we can see from example, (of the Disciples)...Hear first...
Keep hearing...(don't worry about understanding)...Trust...
He will make your "natural spirit in your natural heart", be prepared with enough Faith, to call on Him and Submit to Him.
11) He does not "prepare" our Minds.
12) He "prepares" our Hearts spirit/truth.
13) It is not a wishy-washy God preparing, or calling....
14) His Word is Clear..."IF" a man IS prepared, "IS" sure, "Calls on Him to receive His Offered gift of Salvation"...
THAT man SHALL Receive, the Offered Gift. Period.
15) There is no oops, as if God, gave His gift, and didn't KNOW, the man would later Reject Him.
16) There is no oops, as if God, gave His gift, to some man, whose MIND thought, (hey, this is a Good Idea for meeting a spouse, or getting contacts for my business, or gaining a good reputation in the community, blah, blah)
17) and to be sure, many of men have skipped on down to an alter call, FOR selfish reasons, and the congregation, none the wiser.....but God is not fooled, or giving His gift of Salvation, to deceivers.
18) so NO, Gods gift of Salvation, is never GIVEN, then lost to the receiver.
19 Gods gift of Salvation is Given Once, and that gift so Given is Forever.

SIN...after having received Salvation?
1) NOT POSSIBLE.
2) Comprehend the difference of what SIN IS.
3) Jew? Sin is violation of the Law.
4) Jewish Law, is expansive, that includes in brief:
Laws, Statutes, Precepts.
...1) Laws, that allow
...2) Statutes, that prohibit
...3) Precepts, that govern

Statutes, is about God...do, do not, shall not, etc.
Violation of the relationship between A man and God, is called a SIN, and the Consequences comes from God: Blessings and Punishments.

Laws; this is acceptable, that is not acceptable:
This is broad, covering heads, orders, families, and between men. (Mose's laws)
Violations, called a SIN, and the Consequences comes from the Priest's Book of "curses" (ie punishment laws),
(Which began with Aaron, the Priest, that was his duty to hear and settle disputes according to the Law of Moses, and the punishment according to the Law of curses.)

Precepts; governance and Conduct.
A man governing over his family, a head of a tribe, governments, land, etc.
Conduct of that man, and the Conduct of men under him, and between themselves..
Gods Word teaches how a man, with authority SHOULD conduct himself, as well as a man among men SHOULD conduct themselves. It is TAUGHT....but was not TAUGHT to Gentiles....
Thus the Hebrews/Jews HEARD, and some faultered, (called a SIN), many did well.......UNTIL....the mixing with Gentiles...
That is where, things go haywire. And the ORDER and PRECEIPTS God set forth get lost, and customs and ways of the Gentiles influenced through the Jews....moving, scattered, minority in communities, capturing, overtaking...etc.

This is Broad based, and not speaking of every single Hebrew/Jew, or every single Gentile.

20) So fast forward. Jesus arrives, Jews are being "taught", in their generation, many things that were lost to them, that their forefathers knew.
21) Many NEW things, NEW information is being given, that was kept hidden from the knowledge of their forefathers
22) Enter Paul:
A Pharisee, (particular authority) Exceptionally schooled in Law, (more authority) a son of a JEW and a GENTILE, (birthright citizen of Roman Empire /and/ birthright claim of Jewish blood descendantship, CAN attend inside Temple), Can read and write, (exceptional for that day)......AND.....
Rejected that JESUS was the Christ Messiah!!
23) It was at the time of Jesus' choosing, to reveal Himself to Paul...(a devout believer in God).
24) AND PAUL? Immediately acquiesced and responded to Jesus, calling Him Lord, and immediately, notifying the Lord, that Paul was willing to Serve the Lord, in whatever the Lord asked of him to do.
Acts chapt 9....Gal chapt 1
26) The Lord calls, men either answer, or they do not.

Continued...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus ~ continued

The Point is...SIN.
WHAT is SIN.
WHEN is something a SIN.
And WHEN is SIN applicable to ANY particular man?

When I was naturally BORN...
I was not a Hebrew or a Jew.
I was not SUBJECT TO their Laws or Statutes.
I DID not believe IN God or Christ Jesus, or even KNOW, what that meant.

As God afforded the disciples, and anyone else, opportunity to HEAR His Word, so also are babies, who become children, who become men, given opportunity to HEAR His world.

I chose to hear, read, reread, study, read some more, and keep reading, and continue, and continue.
The Lord prepared me with His gift of Faith, to call on Him, and Confess my heartfelt belief in Him, in Christ Jesus, and the love for Him, and the Regret for having NOT believed.

I know, what my own heart thought.
I know, my confession was true.
I know, WHAT the Lord taught, would Follow AFTER my Confession to Him.
I know, that I was SURE, I was willing to Accept His Gifts, "AND" the consequences "OF those IN the World" would heap upon me.
And NOT for ONE second, DO I believe, His gifts were "not" given me....
Or that His gifts would EVER be "departed or taken away" from me.

I was Forgiven FOR....not obeying Laws and Statutes, given Hebrews? Jews?

Not at all.
I was Forgiven FOR...NOT BELIEVING!
THAT was MY SIN!
And my SIN of disbelief, Corrupted MY SOUL (and that was Restored, to NEVER again be Corrupted, By My Sin, that is Forgiven, and Covered with Gods indwelling Light).

Because I agreed, for Him to MAKE changes within me...and He DID so, there is ZERO possibility for me to EVER again COMMIT SIN....and "NOT Believe"!

Gods Statutes....rolled up into Two, By Jesus' authority...
1) Love the Lord with all your heart...
2) Love they neighbor...friend or enemy...
Tall ORDER...and Entirely possible...
Because it is Gods Power within me, that makes it possible and in effect.

Moses Laws? Never subject to his laws.

Arron's "curse" Laws? (consequences for violating Moses' Laws?) Never was subject to his laws.

Precepts? Behaviors BETWEEN Men?
The Scripture are full of Knowledge, regarding the Behaviors GOD desires men to have BETWEEN men.
(And failures, I think you are calling a SIN. If you are a Jew, under the law... you would correct.)
Not correct if you are Gentile forgiven for Disbelief.

Consequence for failure to use Gods Precepts for behavior BETWEEN men?
(Which poor behavior, cheating, lying, deceiving, stealing, abandoning, etc...
Are called TRESPASSES.)

Consequences? Lie to another? They find out? They will dish out the consequence. Cheat, same thing. Steal, same thing, but the civil law may do more, like jail you. Murder, same thing,
But civil law may imprison you, or kill you.

An individual who Trespasses, has to bare the BURDEN and CONSEQUENCE for their own Behavior. Nothing Saves a person from that.
Remember Gods business is SAVING SINNERS who do not know Him, and SAVING SOULS in men that Repent and are willing to become changed.

Men have to SAVE themselves, from Backlashing that will come to them for their Trespasses Against other men.

And God Teaches men His Precepts, SO THEY CAN AVOID the backlashes for Trespassing Against men.

Saved men who do not BOTHER, to learn or do Gods Precepts, They shall bring on their own suffering, and have to deal with it themselves. God will be there to Comfort, but He will not FIX it FOR THEM.
(And if you notice, ever?...some saved men, always seeming to be in jam?
Others wagging their finger and saying "about" them, they must not be saved, because their behavior is not "christian like" ? (Which many are saved, but get too wrapped up in trying their schemes to compete with the "Jones" of the world, (as the world promotes and teaches) and do not even know their error.)

Bottom line...
Believing, receiving faith, Deciding to heartfully Commit, is a man who WILL Once and forever Receive Gods Gifts of forgiveness and salvation for ever.
He is freed from ever again committing Sin.

Moses Laws, Arrons Laws, God Statutes, are all resolved, no longer applicable for the man to "try" really hard to accomplish. The Lord accomplished within the man with His Power.

Precepts...always ongoing. Always will affect a man, either favorable or unfavorable. And they do not, AFFECT a mans already gifted Salvation.

Sorry so lengthy, a deep subject, and Capital for emphasis, not yelling, like the world says!!

God Bless your and your wife abundantly,
Merry Christmas,
Taken