OSAS Scriptures

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:4 "When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory."

Christ is our eternal live, the life of our very soul. You don't have eternal life without Christ.When Christ shall appear at His second advent during the final day of this earth age

Hi n2thelight,

I like your explanation of these verses. You've obviously studied.

On this part I quoted, there is the presumption that those to whom this was written will in fact appear with Christ in glory. So there are none who are born again, who do not appear with Jesus in glory.

Since all do, I'd say that right there disallows the notion that someone who has been born again can cease to be part of those who will appear with Jesus in glory, which is to say, once we are born again, it's forever.

OSAS is like saying you can do whatever you want without repenting

Yes, that's right. Actually, being born again means that you can do whatever you want without repenting. Aha!! you will be thinking. One Caveat. It has to be what YOU want. Not what the old man wants. Not what the flesh wants.

What "If any be in Christ he is a new creation" wants.

What "put on the new man created in God's likeness in righteousness and true holiness" wants.

And that, my friend, is the liberty Christ came to bring!

Much love!
Mark

PS . . . and if you are sinning you should stop, because sinning is bad, and God wants only good for you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "IF'S" in scripture are very very important,Christ says throughout scripture that He would do this,IF you did that.One of the if's was to repent.That doesn't mean being saved again it means when you do sin,which the flesh will do,you must repent,so my question to those who believe in the osas,what happens when you don't?

Hi n2thelight,

I'm wondering, have you studied on the meaning of the Greek "metanoia", translated in the New Testament as repentance?

As a compound word from the preposition "meta", general "after", and "noia", or "mind", the literal translation then would be the "after-mind". One must ask the question, After what? And the way the scholars answer that is, After the previous mind, i.e., the result of an "exchanged mind".

Which fits perfectly into Scripture in that we had the mind of the flesh, and now we have the mind of Christ. We've exchanged our mind of the flesh for the mind of Christ.

How many times to you suppose that exchange happens?

Much love!
Mark

D

Dave L

I think the OSAS issue comes up as a matter of logic. That is, those who think their obedience initially saved them know it is illogical to remain saved apart from obedience. Those who experienced salvation before doing anything know it is illogical to make works necessary to keep salvation. But at the same time they know faith and good works are the evidence of their salvation.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice the verse,one cannot cast out demons unless in Christ

Matthew 7:22
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

Satan appears as an angel of light. So demons can fake these things through people.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave all the scriptures that no one can turn us away from Christ,however we can turn ourselves away.

Romans 8 says nothing in all creation take a Saint from the hand of.

We are something in creation.

Simple fact is when born-again no one wants to leave God. Nor do any of the damned want to come to God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the verse I quoted?

I was not responding to any verse you quoted.

I was responding to your comment, that men could turn away from Christ....

Sure they can.......Until such time they BECOME Saved and Born Again...THEN no, they can not turn away from Christ.

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the OSAS issue comes up as a matter of logic. That is, those who think their obedience initially saved them know it is illogical to remain saved apart from obedience. Those who experienced salvation before doing anything know it is illogical to make works necessary to keep salvation. But at the same time they know faith and good works are the evidence of their salvation.

There you go back to law keeping.

We are saved by faith and repentance in the grace of Jesus.

That is not law. There is some knowledge involved, knowledge is not law. It is understanding and acceptance by freewill, not your Calvinism.

Reactions: Enoch111
D

Dave L

There you go back to law keeping.

We are saved by faith and repentance in the grace of Jesus.

That is not law. There is some knowledge involved, knowledge is not law. It is understanding and acceptance by freewill, not your Calvinism.
The problem is, you condition salvation on human faith. This turns the gospel into law and makes human faith a condition (work).

D

Dave L

And yet Calvinists try to persuade people to their beliefs.

Just a minute doesn't matter.
Salvation doesn't work that way. People cannot grasp spiritual truth in their natural state. So they always hear a false gospel and ponder a false Christ. Even when the true gospel is preached. So the Christ they accept is in reality an idol based on their limited ability to perceive truth. The flesh will accept this Jesus and believe in it. But only after God produces new life in a person, will they discern and accept the true Christ.

Proof of this is in the hatred people have for the Calvinistic version of Christ which is the true Christ.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation doesn't work that way. People cannot grasp spiritual truth in their natural state. So they always hear a false gospel and ponder a false Christ. Even when the true gospel is preached. So the Christ they accept is in reality an idol based on their limited ability to perceive truth. The flesh will accept this Jesus and believe in it. But only after God produces new life in a person, will they discern and accept the true Christ.

Proof of this is in the hatred people have for the Calvinistic version of Christ which is the true Christ.

Calvinists have a different Christ and the different salvation.

The definition of a cult.

D

Dave L

Calvinists have a different Christ and the different salvation.

The definition of a cult.
You have three choices in salvation. 1) God saves people by grace (Calvinism). 2) people save themselves with God's help (what you believe). Or 3) people save themselves without God's help. So yes we have two different Christ's, two different Christianities, and only ONE is true.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem is, you condition salvation on human faith.
No. God conditions salvation on human faith.

Now pay close attention to the words of Christ, who is God:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mk 16:15,16)

What is the purpose of the Gospel?
Who does the believing?
What is the result of that believing?
Does it say "the elect one who believes" or simply "he"?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's go where the rubber meets the road,if you sin after being saved are you still saved?
Yes, No Question?

YES!! 100%
Sin is missing the mark, a christian who tells me that he never blows it...I don't believe is truthful. We cannot do it in our own strength.

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous..."

We walk intending not to...but often the flesh is weak.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
YES!! 100%
Sin is missing the mark, a christian who tells me that he never blows it...I don't believe is truthful. We cannot do it in our own strength.

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous..."

We walk intending not to...but often the flesh is weak.

So in other words words,after being saved one can just go back to the ways of the world? We have the advocate,IF we repent