Our words mean alot to others

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a verse I always remember when I sometimes run into unkind words on some Christian forums.

There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18

I think Christians should be kind. There is a lot of pain in the world and maybe someone needs our kindness.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this one too:

Proverbs 15:1
15 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

A lot of people, I think over-complicate our need to be kind to others. They say, "well I have to show love with a Godly rebuke/correction." But love is patient and kind. Our correction ought to be gentle, not harsh or full of insults. To think people can't tell the difference from when you care and when you don't seems ridiculous.

Let's just be real, some of our "Godly rebukes" are coming straight from the flesh and our ego. Love is patient and kind.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the vernacular of " forums" ppl are anonymous.

It is sometimes impossible to receive the inflictions or tones of what one says by writing w/o the facial expressions needed to communicate what spirit one says something in.

That being said this is my favorite verse on speaking to one another in love.

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

The visual of this proverb makes my heart sing ❤️:musicaln:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good verse to remember when posting on forums...

who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously....1 Peter 2:23.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you should be kind but sometimes you need to stand your ground if its in faith and lead by the spirit of God at that particular time…

I dont know about you all but i find it hard to speak up sometimes… and to speak up about truth can be even harder.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Words do matter, but it is often our egos that responds by either dismissing what another speaks or receiving what has been said. One should be wise in quoting scripture in that the pruning of the scriptures, one often removes the context of what has been written. Below is an example of this.

11A word spoken in season is like apples of gold
In settings of silver.
12Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold
Is a wise rebuke to an attentive ear.

So often we only want to hear what tickles our ears and so our understanding is lost to the truth of the matter.

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cant always just give into people either. Sometimes you need to separate and come back again at a different time.

As a recovering drug addict - if i have a kid who has become addicted to drugs and they continue to ask me for money - you gotta put your foot down and tell them no…

Let them know they stay and eat if they are hungey need a shower or place to sleep but giving them money isnt gonna help them.

Could lead them trying to kill you however … your just trying to protect them from harming themselves ya know?

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even for homeless people… you do good to them anytime you want; but you dont always have to give if youre always in finical distress… (even to churches - dont give if your already in finical distress); God is gonna take care of you becauzd of your faith in Him, and His raised Son.

God knows the heart and your love for him and others, even in terrible situations.

Reactions: Debp

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a verse I always remember when I sometimes run into unkind words on some Christian forums.

I think Christians should be kind. There is a lot of pain in the world and maybe someone needs our kindness.
One that I keep in front of me,

Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Kindness is of course the best default position for a Christian in all circumstances.

The same is true with family and children. However, that is not to say that the belt should never come out, or that tough love when called for is not to be considered love also. In fact we should have no illusion about the fact that the Godly way includes great mercy, but also great wrath and even death.

Even so, we too should exhaust every effort to avoid any and all unkindness, to do justly, to love mercy, and walk humbly.

Reactions: Wynona and Debp

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that what many people need to realise, is that we all have a quota of "correction" that we need to face, if we want our Christianity to be complete. No one has the Bible worked out, just because they believe.

I rush into simplistic interpretations of Bible verses, without thinking much of the context God would give them - that's something I know God will prune in me!

• Love
Reactions: Debp and Jay Ross

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some more good instruction to remember for behavior on forums as well as in actual life.

Colossians 3:12-14

12Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 18:21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mt 18:22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Reactions: Debp and Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often find that I don't like what someone is posting and express myself that way. Perhaps it's not the best approach though?