Overcoming FEAR (especially in these difficult days)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all!
I hope you all are doing well today. I'm dealing with a heck of a cold!

This week, we had a live talking about fear and advice for victory over worry and anxiety, especially if you are concerned about the craziness that is going on in the world right now. If that's something that you'd like to hear or offer some biblically-based insight on, check it out here.

The Word does say (Luke 21) that in the last days, men's hearts would fail from fear. We as believers need to exhort one another and try to reach non-believers. Dark times seem to be coming (or at least that's my humble opinion, would love to hear yours).

Otherwise; share your thoughts here. Either share your own fears or testimony about overcoming them through Christ.
We have a live stream every Tuesday at noon central (10A pacific) so please join in. We'd love to have you.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the belief in separate selves, believers & non-believers, there is no experience of fear.
Without the belief the world is crazy, there is no experience of anxiety.
Without the belief dark times are coming, there is no experience of worry.
And only the truth remains; I am.

Reactions: shortangel

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everything that happens is God's will. God never gives us bad things, only good things.

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Even the things we perceive as bad, in fact serve some greater purpose, for example, an addict who overcomes his addiction, and now teaches others to overcome theirs; or one who experiences tragedy and now learns to appreciate the time they are given with others. There are many such stories of how overcoming hardship only strengthens our relationship with God. We all struggle against God, and it is not that God has given us something bad, but it is by resisting God's will that we convince ourselves that something good is actually bad.

One day the purpose of all things will be revealed, and then we will understand, but until then we can only hold faith that God is with us and we have nothing to fear. We are being tested, or taught, or given things to be grateful for and to share with others. So - be grateful for this life you are given and for everything in it.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word does say (Luke 21) that in the last days, men's hearts would fail from fear. We as believers need to exhort one another and try to reach non-believers. Dark times seem to be coming (or at least that's my humble opinion, would love to hear yours).

We should be informing people about the dark times. But you don't want too much of the doom and gloom stuff. Listening or watching too much of the news or stuff from the mainstream media will do that.

Reactions: shortangel