Palm Sunday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is that exactly again? All I know is that it has something to do with Jesus riding on a donkey. :/

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's when Jesus poked his head out of the Tomb -- and if He'd have seen His shadow, there would have been six more weeks of winter!

Reactions: April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's when Jesus poked his head out of the Tomb -- and if He'd have seen His shadow, there would have been six more weeks of winter!
Careful now, I've read some of the revelation interpretations and tribulation threads, people here might believe you. :eek:

Reactions: DNB and April_Rose

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, Palm Sunday is not near as wild as those Revelation/Tribulation Threads - Palm Sunday is fairly simple - but I get confused if there are two animals or just one - donkey - colt - foal...??

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello April,

LUKE 19: 36-38

As he rode along, the people were spreading their cloaks on the road;

and now as he was approaching the slope of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of his disciples began to praise God aloud with joy for all the mighty deeds they had seen.

They proclaimed: "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord. Peace in heaven and glory in the highest."

MATT 21: 8-9
The very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and strewed them on the road.

The crowds preceding him and those following kept crying out and saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David; blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord; hosanna in the highest."

On Palm Sunday we remember this, Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem. When the crowds acknowledged Him, King! And spread their cloaks and palm branches before His path, singing Hosana's to our King!

Peace be with you!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would it be blasphemy if I thought that was funny though? :D

Are you honestly asking me? Because comparing God to a ground hog, when in fact he is the lamb. So while it's not totally blasphemous, it's also strange o_O

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you honestly asking me? Because comparing God to a ground hog, when in fact he is the lamb. So while it's not totally blasphemous, it's also strange o_O

Yeah but I'm also pretty sure that he was joking though and I do believe that God has a sense of humor. :)

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, and peace be with you as well. :)

I watched the Palm Sunday Mass today and it was very spiritual. It is a pre-Easter Sunday reverence and worship lesson. I think it also goes into how to approach the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ. As paving the way for Jesus' Christianity. So we as members honor his sacrifice and spread the Gospel message. And then it becomes important that we honor, glorify and worship Jesus when we spread the Gospel message of his sacrifice that will ultimately bring eternal life and heaven to the people we share the message with.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're probably right, let me look for a humorous meme that has tact...
OK, this reminds me of the meme's I also get in facebook, the ones that say if you love God and aren't ashamed of him, you'll like and share the meme. Which is just ridiculous, they probably believe this one:
6077eec702c3ef94156ea6e81ac1f4de.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually like that one. :oops:
It's just click bait that satisfies the poster only. It's not in the spirit of worship if you are compulsed to offer praise. God's spirit has no compulsion effort. See:

1 Peter 5:1-3 ESV / 6 helpful votes

So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker in the glory that is going to be revealed: shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.

Agreed. That one just went too far.
Not according to my physics theory. It mathematically demonstrates that God created a universe of particles that are diodes. Such that the entire universe is Gods computer and it communicates via forces. So yes not a Macintosh, but perhaps a God computer.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
AR, if you want the right context for the Palm Sunday ride of the donkey/foal into Jerusalem and the Temple from Bethany, then understand that this happened in the twilight hours of Sunday, Jewish time, after the Sabbath Day had finished at sunset. This was the next day within the Jewish context. Because today we define that the Change of Day occurs at midnight, we presume that the Palm procession into Jerusalem occurred on Sunday morning.

So putting it into todays context, after the sun set on Saturday, the people streamed out of Jerusalem and came to Bethany and then accompanied Jesus along the road to the Temple in Jerusalem. After Jesus entered the Temple He looked around and because the twilight light was fading fast, Jesus turned around and returned to Bethany.

Our traditional understanding of this event is factually wrong.

Shalom

Last edited: