Paralyzed College player standing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a professor's kid at my college - years ago - that got paralyzed in a pillow fight (believe it or not) from the neck down......slowly after the swelling decreased over the next few months he walked again. The human body may be fragile, but it can recover in amazing ways.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
This article almost brought me to tears. This is FAITH in action. God heals. Nothing is impossible for the one and ONLY GOD almighty. Christ says faith the size of a mustard seed is enough. How does our faith compare to a small mustard seed??????? Lets give him praise....
How pathetic to believe that God heals so he can hurt others.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://msn.foxsports...nding-up-071311

This article almost brought me to tears. This is FAITH in action. God heals. Nothing is impossible for the one and ONLY GOD almighty. Christ says faith the size of a mustard seed is enough. How does our faith compare to a small mustard seed??????? Lets give him praise....

Great story... I hope he continues to grow strong. It reminds me of Dennis Byrd.

Reading stories like this keeps me humble. I have my worries that seem like a hurricane to me, and impossible to overcome at times. But reading about this young man and what he's going through makes my hurricane look like a gentle breeze!

I don't know how much faith has to do with it (as it pertains to faith in God)... I don't remember the young man acknowledging God at any point, but that doesn't mean he didn't. Just means perhaps I didn't read the article carefully enough or it just wasn't talked about. In any sense, I pray he recovers.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I assume you don't read the obituaries?

People died when jesus walked the earth... People die for reasons known to god. But when someone is healed its because of GOD. He is the doer of all things, he is in control. He is GOD. Love you.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
People died when jesus walked the earth... People die for reasons known to god. But when someone is healed its because of GOD. He is the doer of all things, he is in control. He is GOD. Love you.
God heals prostitutes so they can work? God heals abortionists so they can murder the unborn? Not sure I understand you. Guess we can go round and round on this.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 17:24-28:

[font="arial][size="2"] [sup]24[/sup] “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. [sup]25[/sup] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. [sup]26[/sup] From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. [sup]27[/sup] God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. [sup]28[/sup] ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[sup][b][/sup] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[/size][/font][font="arial] [/font]
[font="Charis SIL"] [/font]
I think prostitutes are covered in the "everyone" part and healing is covered in the "everything else".

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's quite a stretch, especially since MILLIONS of 'Christians' don't get healed.

Everyone experiences healing to some extent, everyday. Whether it is from a doctor or merely the body working to repair damaged cells - it is all due to the grace of God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't you read the obituaries?

I see you are confusing 'healing' with the absence of death. I am not sure how to help you out of your confusion. I am giving credit to God for the healings that occur everyday and 'everything else' - that doesn't not mean that He heals all injuries.

I do believe that He will do so, someday, however.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I see you are confusing 'healing' with the absence of death. I am not sure how to help you out of your confusion.
Your comment was " Everyone experiences healing to some extent, everyday." My comment was "Don't you read the obituaries? "

Who's confused?
I am giving credit to God for the healings that occur everyday and 'everything else' - that doesn't not mean that He heals all injuries.

I do believe that He will do so, someday, however.
He is also allowing MILLIONS to be starving and homeless right now.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your comment was " Everyone experiences healing to some extent, everyday." My comment was "Don't you read the obituaries? "

Who's confused?

He is also allowing MILLIONS to be starving and homeless right now.

Well, since we are now splitting hairs, once again - everyone experiences healing until the moment of their death - which even includes the day of their death, which means that everyone experiences healing everyday. Thanks for bringing down to the lowest level possible, Ducky.

What is your point regarding starving people?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I know it doesn't fit the God you created for yourself Aspen but it fits the God of the Bible and it fits reality.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it doesn't fit the God you created for yourself Aspen but it fits the God of the Bible and it fits reality.

I see you have nothing to offer........deflect! deflect!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Get back to me when you are interested in continuing this conversation without resorting to ad hominem attacks
Many just refuse to accept the God of the Bible. So they create their own personal god who loves them. Sad but VERY true.

Romans 9:13 (ESV)
[sup]13 [/sup]As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”