Paralyzed College player standing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many just refuse to accept the God of the Bible. So they create their own personal god who loves them. Sad but VERY true.

Romans 9:13 (ESV)
[sup]13 [/sup]As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Others just refuse to accept the fact that love is the entire point of the Bible. So they run around puffing themselves up by bestowing 'knowledge' on everyone, in an attempt to be RIGHT instead of being effective witnesses through love.

1 Corinthians 13
[sup]1[/sup] If I speak in the tongues[sup][a][/sup] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. [sup]2[/sup] If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. [sup]3[/sup] If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[sup][b][/sup] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

*yawn* goodnight, Ducky

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Others just refuse to accept the fact that love is the entire point of the Bible. So they run around puffing themselves up by bestowing 'knowledge' on everyone, in an attempt to be RIGHT instead of being effective witnesses through love.

Did God drown everyone on Earth but 8 because He loved them? Is that why He burned Sodom and the cities around them? Is that why He "hated" Esau? Is that why He gave the HORRIBLE curse of Dt 28? Is that why children are starving by the MILLIONS? Is that why He allows the genocide of babies in the womb, how many millions? Is that why humans are being slaughtered all over the world by murderers and war? Is all this God's love? You do not believe in the God of the Bible nor the God of reality Aspen. Stop pretending so you can know the real God of the Bible.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did God drown everyone on Earth but 8 because He loved them? Is that why He burned Sodom and the cities around them? Is that why He "hated" Esau? Is that why He gave the HORRIBLE curse of Dt 28? Is that why children are starving by the MILLIONS? Is that why He allows the genocide of babies in the womb, how many millions? Is that why humans are being slaughtered all over the world by murderers and war? Is all this God's love? You do not believe in the God of the Bible nor the God of reality Aspen. Stop pretending so you can know the real God of the Bible.

But didnt the same GOD GIve everyone life??? Didnt the same GOD kill his own son for the benefit of the ENTIRE world??? People die its a way of life, SIN=Death... OLD AGE = Death.... so whats ur point??? Ur mad at GOD because people DIE? Your angry because their is starvation? Didnt god say that he will come back to judge everyone accordingly??? Read his word and not opinion. ALL healing comes from GOD period. ALL GOOD comes from god, if u got a paycheck it was because god allowed it. Anything good that happens is from GOD period. You sound like the priests that were speaking to JOB about GOD, they were professing the anger and power of god and not the eternal love of god... read what happened to them. Actually this just came to heart, the Book of JOB would help you alot. It shows how god governs and relates in the story of JOB.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
But didnt the same GOD GIve everyone life???
Potentially, yes.
Didnt the same GOD kill his own son for the benefit of the ENTIRE world??? People die its a way of life, SIN=Death... OLD AGE = Death.... so whats ur point???
The point is that God could have prevented ALL evil if He chose to do so. He did not.
Ur mad at GOD because people DIE? Your angry because their is starvation?
Neither mad nor angry at God. Simply pointing out the REAL myth that God is only love that is being propagated.
Didnt god say that he will come back to judge everyone accordingly??? Read his word and not opinion.
If you had been paying attention you would know that I have been opposing opinions with God's Word.
ALL healing comes from GOD period.
Define healing. There's Biblical healing that God did, and then there's the pitiful imitation called the medical industry that has CAUSED millions of deaths, according to those who work in the industry.
ALL GOOD comes from god, if u got a paycheck it was because god allowed it. Anything good that happens is from GOD period. You sound like the priests that were speaking to JOB about GOD, they were professing the anger and power of god and not the eternal love of god... read what happened to them. Actually this just came to heart, the Book of JOB would help you alot. It shows how god governs and relates in the story of JOB.
Your perception of anger is totally erroneous. It has nothing to do with the points I have made. God allows MUCH evil in this sewer we live in. He chose to allow it. That's the real God of the Bible, not the phoney all loving God we keep hearing about. People are dying by the thousands because God allows it. A quarter of a million in the Haiti earthquake, thousands in the Japan quake and tsunami, a quarter million in the Indian Ocean quake and tsunami, and on and on. Could God have prevented all of this? Of course He could have. He chose not to. The all loving God is a myth. The God of the Bible, and the Genesis Flood is the real God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Ducky are you claiming that God is good and evil?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope. Whatever He does is righteous and just, even when He drowned everyone on Earth but 8.

You are re-defining what is righteous and just, simply to give God a pass. Might does not make right. God has to be ethical if He is good. It is impossible to be ethical if you make up your own rules.

What do you mean by 'God is more than love'?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You are re-defining what is righteous and just, simply to give God a pass. Might does not make right. God has to be ethical if He is good. It is impossible to be ethical if you make up your own rules.
When you find someone who can overrule God let us know.

Deuteronomy 32:39 (ESV)
[sup]39 [/sup]“ ‘See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
What do you mean by 'God is more than love'?
He is holy and righteous. Because He is just, He will demand justice. And He will get it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you are willing to worship God and follow Him simply because He is all-powerful?

He is holy and righteous. Because He is just, He will demand justice. And He will get it.

How can He get justice if He has no standard? If He really calls all of His actions good based on the fact that He decides to preform them, He will never get justice because He has no standards. God has to follow standards to be good and ethical and therefore just - the standard is love.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So you are willing to worship God and follow Him simply because He is all-powerful?

If there was no other reason, YES! It would be truly stupid not to.

Matthew 10:28 (ESV)
[sup]28 [/sup]And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

How can He get justice if He has no standard?

He does have a 'standard'. It's called the Bible.
If He really calls all of His actions good based on the fact that He decides to preform them, He will never get justice because He has no standards. God has to follow standards to be good and ethical and therefore just - the standard is love.
God only has to follow His own standards. Again, when you find someone who can overrule God, let us know.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there was no other reason, YES! It would be truly stupid not to.

WOW....that statement speaks VOLUMES! At least you admit it. When it come right down to it, you are most interested in saving your own skin! You could careless if the warlord you are following is ethical or not. He has power over you and that makes him right. Be glad you didn't live in Nazi Germany!

He does have a 'standard'. It's called the Bible.

God only has to follow His own standards. Again, when you find someone who can overrule God, let us know.

What standards? You admitted that God can do whatever He wants and the very fact that He does it makes it right - that means He has no standards. The Bible means nothing if we cannot rely on God to follow what He told people to write in it. Based on your statement, you are attacking the Bible.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
WOW....that statement speaks VOLUMES! At least you admit it.

I sure do admit it. There's nothing worse than eternity in Hell.
When it come right down to it, you are most interested in saving your own skin! You could careless if the warlord you are following is ethical or not. He has power over you and that makes him right. Be glad you didn't live in Nazi Germany!
Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
[sup]8 [/sup]But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

What standards?

Again, the Bible.
You admitted that God can do whatever He wants and the very fact that He does it makes it right - that means He has no standards.
The Bible means nothing if we cannot rely on God to follow what He told people to write in it. Based on your statement, you are attacking the Bible.
That's a lie.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I sure do admit it. There's nothing worse than eternity in Hell.

[/color]Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
[sup]8 [/sup]But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Again, the Bible.

That's a lie.

You are only interested in avoiding Hell at all costs. No wonder you embrace the ends justify the means ethics. You are not ethical. You believe in following the strongest warlord. You are dismissing/attacking the Bible.

I am sure glad we finally got to the root of the issue. Clears a lot of things up

I can safely, and truthfully say we worship different gods.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The "only" part is another lie.

You made the statement. You said that you would follow your god, even if there were no other reasons besides avoiding Hell. Any other reasons for following him are irrelevant, in your case.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You made the statement. You said that you would follow your god, even if there were no other reasons besides avoiding Hell. Any other reasons for following him are irrelevant, in your case.
Please stop lying Aspen.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is there anything in the Bible that you believe besides 'God loves you'? Anything?

Goodbye Ducky, I am going to a Bible study. I will pray for your relationship with the true God. Amen.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Goodbye Ducky, I am going to a Bible study. I will pray for your relationship with the true God. Amen.
Hear the Word of Jesus/God, the true God:

Matthew 24:37-39 (ESV)
[sup]37 [/sup]For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. [sup]38 [/sup]For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, [sup]39 [/sup]and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.