Passed away?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that the Bible declares it, then yes. And I happen to know it myself, but that doesn't help anyone else.

But the old has passed away.

Does it take a long time for the flesh to die? No. It's cut away, crucified, and already dead.

Does it take a long time for us to reckon the flesh dead? Sometimes.

But when we don't reckon the flesh dead, does that make it alive? No. It's dead. It acts alive, but it's dead.

We either walk in life, or we walk in death, either living out the life of the Spirit, or living out the death of the flesh.

At any moment that we trust God, we walk in life.

I completely agree with this. We need to really understand what He's done so we don't become confused about the flesh having any sort of real power over us.

Or perhaps the more the will of the flesh is disregarded, and the more God's will imprints our true will, the will of the new creature.

I see once again people want to make this about that we now "keep the Law", or that our lives are only right if they show the Mosaic Covenant in their appearance.

But unless we can get ahold of the fact that we are in fact new, and we are in fact partakers of God's holy and righteous nature, then I think confusion will remain in thinking that people are somehow to be defined by God's covenant with Israel.

But holding onto the Law is holding onto a walk by sight instead of by faith. It's holding onto the old man, but the old man is dead. The Law is given to descendants of Adam, not the children of God.

Much love!

Hi, hope all things are Christ with you and in you.

There does seem to be many ways of putting forth this same truth;

“not I but Christ”

Again;

“He must become more, I must become less.”

For with our walks, it is always a choice of Christ or self. To whom we obey, His servant we are. The more we listen to Christ in us, the more Christ-like we become. The more we listen to self, self gains power and grows just the same in us.

As far as those that would spy out our liberty in Christ. Paul dealt with those also. They accused him of preaching a Gospel that allowed for sin. All that really proved was they didn’t understand what was the foundation of the salvation that Christ offered. Which is our deaths with Christ and that which followed, which was the Divine Nature coming to birth, and than the growing and maturing of that new life.

Anyways, you stay strong and obedient in the Lord, whenever you feel, see, sense, discern, Christ working and speaking in and through you. Just keep growing in Christ, for your reward is with Him, as it continues to grow and enlarge.

Many blessings in Christ, Not me

Ps, After rereading what you wrote. If you wouldn’t mind me saying;

Our deaths in Christ separated us from our sinful nature’s, but our sinful nature’s are still very much alive. But “we” the “I” or the “will” that would choose sin, that has been crucified with Christ, it has died with Christ; “when Christ died “we” died”.

We are told to reckon ourselves dead to sin or the fallen nature. Which is the cutting away of the body of sin, as you mentioned. The body of sin remains with one and the same will, and that is to sin. But by faith we are called, regardless of the circumstances and situations to “reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God”

Hope it helps, blessings, Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Not me ,

I think of death not as inactivity, but as separation.

Physical death is the separation of the soul from the body.

Spiritual death is the separation of the soul from God.

In physical death the soul remains active.

In spiritual death the body remains active.

We have spiritual new life, having died to our bodies, our flesh. We are no longer the soul that is associated with that body, instead, Spirit gives birth to spirit, so we are new order of being compared to the Adamic creation.

The flesh goes on doing it's thing, and there is nothing I see in Scripture to give me any indication that there is some improvement or hope for the body, maybe just some healing through better living, but not the corrupt sin nature.

Of that, we've been completely and forever separated through death and a new creation. But it remains on, and if we fail to control it, buy into its lies, then sin results.

But at any moment in our lives, in any occasion of testing or sin, we can return to fixing our eyes on Jesus, relying on Him provide His grace that causes us to not sin, to not falter or stumble.

God will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is anchored Him.

This is true at all times, we've been reborn. If we are not at peace, that's the mind of the flesh, the charlaton, the deceiver, the deceptive lusts of the flesh.

But anytime we realize it's taken the upper hand, we can simply by trusting Jesus that He has already made it so, we return to our walk in the spirit, in the grace of the Lord.

much love!

Reactions: Not me

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Not me ,

We have spiritual new life, having died to our bodies, our flesh. We are no longer the soul that is associated with that body, instead, Spirit gives birth to spirit, so we are new order of being compared to the Adamic creation.

The flesh goes on doing it's thing, and there is nothing I see in Scripture to give me any indication that there is some improvement or hope for the body, maybe just some healing through better living, but not the corrupt sin nature.

Of that, we've been completely and forever separated through death and a new creation. But it remains on, and if we fail to control it, buy into its lies, then sin results.

But at any moment in our lives, in any occasion of testing or sin, we can return to fixing our eyes on Jesus, relying on Him provide His grace that causes us to not sin, to not falter or stumble.

This is true at all times, we've been reborn. If we are not at peace, that's the mind of the flesh, the charlaton, the deceiver, the deceptive lusts of the flesh.

But anytime we realize it's taken the upper hand, we can simply by trusting Jesus that He has already made it so, we return to our walk in the spirit, in the grace of the Lord.

much love!

Hi Mark,

I think this is one of the only times I have disagreed with your posts - how exciting!

The physical body is important, which is why the early Christians emphasized a bodily resurrection.

The flesh that Paul was condemning was not the physical body. It was sensual temptation

Many early Christians believed the Body + Spirit = Soul.

One of the heresies of the Early Church was Christian Gnosticism, which taught that the physical body was a prison for the spirit. Since Gnosticism predated Christianity, many of the new Christian converts were already steeped in the teachings of Gnosticism, which is why Paul spoke out against it so strongly. The doctrine of bodily resurrection was a direct challenge to Gnostic teachings.

Those are a few ideas that jump out to me when I read your post. Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed thinking about it.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Not me ,

much love!

Many truths, thank you for your wisdom and grace;

Scriptures says;

“he that has died is free from sin”

That you, me, all that are willing might come to know this truth by experience, so we might truly walk in newness of life.

May God fill us with Himself, Not me

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi Mark,

I think this is one of the only times I have disagreed with your posts - how exciting!

The physical body is important, which is why the early Christians emphasized a bodily resurrection.

The flesh that Paul was condemning was not the physical body. It was sensual temptation

One of the heresies of the Early Church was Christian Gnosticism, which taught that the physical body was a prison for the spirit. Since Gnosticism predated Christianity, many of the new Christian converts were already steeped in the teachings of Gnosticism, which is why Paul spoke out against it so strongly. The doctrine of bodily resurrection was a direct challenge to Gnostic teachings.

Those are a few ideas that jump out to me when I read your post. Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed thinking about it.
yup, either you have a soul, or you are one, but of course ppl seeking to go up to heaven after they have died need to have one i guess.

The doctrine of resurrection @ "baptism" is a direct challenge to Christianity, i think?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mark,

I too emphasize a bodily resurrection. The mortal must be clothed upon with immortality, and the corruptible with incorruptibility. These vile bodies will be change to be like His glorious body.

I see this as "the redemption of our bodies", when God changes our depraved terrestrial flesh into the glorious heavenly flesh.

And before Christ, we were only those depraved terrestrial mud people, but in Christ, we are the glorious heavenly people.

Much love!

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too emphasize a bodily resurrection. The mortal must be clothed upon with immortality, and the corruptible with incorruptibility. These vile bodies will be change to be like His glorious body.

I see this as "the redemption of our bodies", when God changes our depraved terrestrial flesh into the glorious heavenly flesh.

And before Christ, we were only those depraved terrestrial mud people, but in Christ, we are the glorious heavenly people.

Much love!

Much love!
Earth dwellers.

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just wish to chime in here with my sisters @Nancy @stunnedbygrace, that this post made my understanding of 'dialectical duality of truth' so clear, like a Word made flesh moment, that I've struggled to grasp, much less explain, unlike you two :)
I understood the obvious duality, "Ask and you shall receive" "Ye ask and receive not", but this concerning God's law...zing!
Sorry; which post are you referring to? :)