Passion of the Christ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Sampson was about a buck sixty then we'd understand how they were confounded when he carried the gates of hell up the hill.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hollywood portrays this as a great tragedy, I see it as His greatest accomplishment, and He orchestrated the whole thing.
Yes the purpose and intent of what was prophesied about His death and resurrection is fulfilled and we rejoice.....Mel Gibson stated that the Holy Spirit put it on his heart to do this film and guided him the whole way..

"This film will show the passion of Jesus Christ just the way it happened," he told a television interviewer earlier this year, before the controversy erupted. "It's like travelling back in time and watching the events unfold exactly as they occurred." And how, pray tell, can Gibson be so sure that he is right, especially when the Gospels themselves are contradictory and vague on many of the details? "The Holy Ghost was working through me on this film," he said. "I was just directing traffic."
Mel Gibson: The passion of the film star who directed the Holy Ghost

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the purpose and intent of what was prophesied about His death and resurrection is fulfilled and we rejoice.....Mel Gibson stated that the Holy Spirit put it on his heart to do this film and guided him the whole way..

"This film will show the passion of Jesus Christ just the way it happened," he told a television interviewer earlier this year, before the controversy erupted. "It's like travelling back in time and watching the events unfold exactly as they occurred." And how, pray tell, can Gibson be so sure that he is right, especially when the Gospels themselves are contradictory and vague on many of the details? "The Holy Ghost was working through me on this film," he said. "I was just directing traffic."
Mel Gibson: The passion of the film star who directed the Holy Ghost
The word passion is defined as suffer

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm waiting for the sequel to The Passion of the Christ about the resurrection but don't know when it will be released.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was sin that He died for...but it was religion that accuses him....get my point? what say you?

First when I saw the movie the whole theater left in silence. Second, no I know it is a favorite of evangelicals the world over but religion did not kill Christ, we killed Christ. Christianity is and always will be the Religion

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First when I saw the movie the whole theater left in silence. Second, no I know it is a favorite of evangelicals the world over but religion did not kill Christ, we killed Christ. Christianity is and always will be the Religion
yes, sin did...sin in us...but my point was to lay the charge against him to crucify him came from the Priests...even Pilate wanted nothing to do with the punishment of Jesus...he washed his hands...the Priest shouted let His blood be upon us and our children.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, if you have never listened to Jim Caviezel, testimony about this movie you would love it.....it tugs your heartstrings hard. He was struck by lightning while hanging on the cross at the end of the movie and died.....well go listen to it.

He also got whipped too, ouch. Jim said the pain was so bad it almost or did make him black out.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have never seen Passion of Christ, but agree with you Pilate was not willing to crucify Jesus, we even read about how Pilate hesistated to give the Jews what they wanted, Pontius Pilate's wife even had a dream.

Pilate's wife
"Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's how Americans portray many things, look at the movie Sampson. He's portrayed as a sort of Arnold Swartzenager or how ever that's spelled, truth is if he was this big muscle man, why was the enemy having such a hard time discovering the Source of his strength?
When the angels came to get Lot out of Sodom they blinded the inhabitants so they could not find the door of Lot's house. I've wondered about this....I don't think the text is saying they couldn't see with their eyes ie, they were blacked out. I think it is saying they couldn't discern where the door was in spite of it being in front of them.

In like manner the enemies of Samson were blinded.......and so it is with all who don't have the unction of the Spirit. For all the pious words and self justifications made, they do not see. This being the case it is a pointless exercise trying to use logic to persuade them.....if their eyes are closed, if their minds have no heartfelt desire to discover truth, they will not see.

Pray for your enemies Jesus said.....yes, that the eyes of their hearts may be opened.

Enquiry, enquiry, enquiry into the mysteries of truth is the indication of God's Spirit at work. Self justification, argumentative, proof texting, judgement of others and the need to have the last word are all indications of the inability to see.

We can ask ourselves the question....where do I fit?.....what is my heart's objective? .....do I genuinely carry a burden for the Salvation of those I interact with?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have never seen Passion of Christ, but agree with you Pilate was not willing to crucify Jesus, we even read about how Pilate hesistated to give the Jews what they wanted, Pontius Pilate's wife even had a dream.

Pilate's wife
"Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."
@Josho In the end Pilate presided over a miscarriage of Gentile justice, while pressured by unbelieving Jews.