Past & Present shadows: A Future Reality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:19 that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit. I have been pondering on this thought for some time now...revealing also the OT tabernacle in the wilderness, the Temple that was built in the days of Ezra up to the last temple, Solomon's temple which was restored during the days of King Herod. I understand that, that temple was still standing when Jesus was in ministry. All of these things were shadows of things to come.

Tracing the Arks
Can be traced all the way back to the days of Noah, when God destroyed the world but saved 8 people and some specifically chosen animals. God kept Noah and his family safe until the flood subsided 1 Peter 3:18-21. Again we see the re-appearance of the same type of structure but this time it had been fashioned to reside in the Holy of Holies within a makeshift tabernacle, which Moses had been commanded to make by God Exodus 25:10-22.
This Ark [of the covenant] eventually contained, 2 stone tablets, a jar of Manna and Aaron's budding rod. Hebrews 9:3-4 These three items are a representation of the very words of Jesus spoken in:

John 14:6 - saying
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

The way - symbolic of the jar of manna John 6:32-33, the truth - the stone tablets Ephesians 1:13 1 Thessalonians 2:13 and the life, a representation of Aaron's budding rod 2 Timothy 1:9,10. All these things were holy unto the Lord because they were shadows of the coming Messiah. The tabernacle was also a prototype of the future temples including the last physical structure [King Herod's temple]. Scholars believe that the Ark was hidden by one of the prophets and disappeared after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. [unsure whether that was when the Ark actually disappeared].

When Jesus died on the cross, he rose again and now sits on the right-hand side of the Father, as the Great High Priest forever, interceding on our behalf. He died as a pure and perfect sacrifice on our behalf so that those who believe and receive him by faith, may be saved.

Romans 10:8-10
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

But that is not the end...
tabernacle.gif

John 14 also goes on to say:
15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in those who believe in him by faith. Our bodies are the last temple before Jesus comes again. This temple is liken to the outer court - our flesh/body, the Holy place, our soul and The Holy of Holies, where our spirit and the Holy Spirit reside [Romans 8:16].

I re-iterate this very important point again..."The Arks are liken to an abode/house where the Holy Spirit has come to dwell and we are the last temple before Jesus comes again".

The Promise given to Abraham
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. Galatians 3.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit through Jesus our Redeemer
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”, 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3

John 7
37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Galatians 4:6
Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.

The Holy Spirit teaches us, instructs us and helps us to be transformed into his likeness, the likeness of the Son of God and also to bear fruit of righteousness. This is a daily walking, living sanctifying process...the Ark will be seen again in heaven, where the Great High Priest [Jesus] lives and is and is to come!

Revelation 11
16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces(AM) and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry;
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your saints and those who reverence your name,
both small and great
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

Shalom!!!
arkofcovenantag.gif

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice study. Mary was also an ark

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
:) ...indeed she was!

Last night in a dream, God gave me these verses to add:

Revelation 21

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Blessings!!!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Hi Angelina,
I have never seen this before, but have now read it but do not see it to be saying that Jesus is our Ark. Jesus is The Word written in the Stone tablets for he is the Stone that the disobedient rejected because they could not walk straight and they stumbled and fell, Jesus is the Manna for the Bread of Angels is the Word of God that we must feed upon to transform us. All of the priests will come out of Christ for he is the Ark of our covenant and the Rod that budded is "The Word" of God that they who have grown in Christ will rule the nations with the same Word which is the Rod of iron! So all articles in the Ark are Christ.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Preaching to the converted again FF14u....the covenant Christ made with man is our ark. This new covenant was established in his blood and is sealed with the guarantee of the Holy Spirit.

Shalom!