Paul And The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No its why so many Christians have denied the work that Christ has done, "It is finished" but for many it hasnt, it is why condemnation is rife among christians, it is why they are fearful of God, because by the "Law " they can "NEVER" be good enough, because the LAW condemns those that follow after it, because we are supposed to be obedient to Christ in whom is our salvation, because the law can not save anyone, and that is why where ever you find the law, you will find sinners, because the law cannot forgive them. In fact the "law" requires you to pay for your sins with your blood, and so you must die and still it will not be satisfied because you are not perfect as He is perfect.

So

Gal_5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

says much for those who peruse the law.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Guess who that Stumbling Stone is???
You side step brakelite's question and answer your own imagined projection.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You side step brakelite's question and answer your own imagined projection.
No if any man was walking in love, in the Spirit, which is what God and Jesus would hope all men would do, than the Law would as far form them as the East is from the West, for only a man who is seeking to break the law would be concerned with the law, because He would hope that he remebres to not do so. You know what it says, " do unto others as you would them do unto you" or

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Love conquers all the law condemns, is unforgiving, has no leniency, you break it you die. you follow after it you die, if that is what you wish, go right ahead, you are now without excuse.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Choose life, choose Love.

Reactions: Acolyte
B

brakelite

No its why so many Christians have denied the work that Christ has done, "It is finished" but for many it hasnt, it is why condemnation is rife among christians, it is why they are fearful of God, because by the "Law " they can "NEVER" be good enough, because the LAW condemns those that follow after it, because we are supposed to be obedient to Christ in whom is our salvation, because the law can not save anyone, and that is why where ever you find the law, you will find sinners, because the law cannot forgive them. In fact the "law" requires you to pay for your sins with your blood, and so you must die and still it will not be satisfied because you are not perfect as He is perfect.

So

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

KJV Proverbs 28
9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
KJV Isaiah 8
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

B

brakelite

So

You reference the idea of salvation very often. Why is that? Are you assuming that I am saying that we are saved through law keeping? When have I said that?
All my posts on this thread speak of obedience. The question is, are we obliged to obey God's commandments, or not?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Proverbs 28
9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
KJV Isaiah 8
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Is this an argument over scripture or the truth?? Who is you Saviour?? the law or Christ, in whom is your righteousness?? the law or Jesus? In whom is your life, Christ or the law,?

Even the Jews have become "dead " to the law because there life is in Christ, so who is your obedience Christ or the law, can only be one, but much can be said about religion and those who must abide by its rules.

You have seeing all the "reasonings" now you too are without excuse.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All my posts on this thread speak of obedience. The question is, are we obliged to obey God's commandments, or not?
Our obedience is to Christ our obedience brings love, love needs no laws. God is love those who are in Christ are made perfect in love, your obedience is not the law. If your mind is on the law, than your heart is not in Love.

B

brakelite

Our obedience is to Christ our obedience brings love, love needs no laws. God is love those who are in Christ are made perfect in love, your obedience is not the law. If your mind is on the law, than your heart is not in Love.
b
But love fulfills the law . You do away with the law, you do away with love. You can't have one and not the other. And I repeat, I am not taking about how one is to be saved. I am speaking about those already saved.
I am asking you, a Christian, one already trusting in the grace and mercy of a loving infinite God and Saviour... Are you , a Christian, obliged to obey God's commandments? Yes, or no??

Reactions: Pisteuo
B

brakelite

Who is you Saviour?? the law or Christ, in whom is your righteousness?? the law or Jesus? In whom is your life, Christ or the law,?
Jesus is my Saviour. Always was. Always will be. Without Him we can do nothing.

My righteousness is His. It is not my own. Whatever I am... Whatever I do, is by His power working in me. I have nothing to offer but my complete and utter need of Him all day, every day.

The law does not save anyone. But hey mjr, you know that I have never claimed it does. So why the straw man?

In whom is my life? I am risen with Him and am seated in heavenly places in Him. My hope, all my expectations for tomorrow are bound up in His grace toward me.

So, that still leaves a question to be answered.
Who are these people living just moments before the second coming?

KJV Revelation 14
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How can salvation by grace through faith be *made up by man*? That is a fundamental Bible truth.
lol, good one.
Define "salvation," what is the end result of your sure salvation, if you would
How can "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" be *made up by man*?
define "believe" and then "saved" and see that part that has been made up i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He didn't mention anything about getting people saved...

That comes by being His disciple. I don't hear this being taught.
nice, nor will you in your current context, as getting ppl "saved" is paying too well and working to keep ppl deceived too well to stop now i guess.

All "saved" people are condemned in Scripture anyway, "if you seek to save your life you will lose it," doesn't get much clearer than that i guess

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
nice, nor will you in your current context, as getting ppl "saved" is paying too well and working to keep ppl deceived too well to stop now i guess.

All "saved" people are condemned in Scripture anyway, "if you seek to save your life you will lose it," doesn't get much clearer than that i guess
This keeping people deceived,,,,I don't know if it's intentional.
You do?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This keeping people deceived,,,,I don't know if it's intentional.
You do?
in a house divided i have to assume it is half intentional i guess, on the giving side, and prolly half self-inflicted on the receiving side, like that? But as soon as you prog someone to seek the winner's circle they are done meat anyway imo

Reactions: GodsGrace

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.” (Galatians 5:16–17) (KJV 1900)

According to Dave this must have been written before Paul was saved

D

Dave L

According to Dave this must have been written before Paul was saved
If you believe in predestination, it was written before the foundation of the world, but only manifested through Paul at the right time....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
in a house divided i have to assume it is half intentional i guess, on the giving side, and prolly half self-inflicted on the receiving side, like that? But as soon as you prog someone to seek the winner's circle they are done meat anyway imo
I agree.
But also there is a lot of sincerity on the part of the believer.
I just fail to understand how biblical scholars don't explain better....or why.
Maybe the truth is too tough for nowadays?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I agree.
But also there is a lot of sincerity on the part of the believer.
I just fail to understand how biblical scholars don't explain better....or why.
Maybe the truth is too tough for nowadays?
imo it is bc our "Biblical scholars" are all running the same race, and no tax-deductible donations will be forthcoming for the truth very much, right

Reactions: GodsGrace
B

brakelite

sounds so pious and thoughtful, huh bl.
Does that offend your sense of self sufficiency? As far as spiritual empowerment is concerned, if we have faith, we can do anything. Want to remove a mountain? Just ask Jesus.

B

brakelite

Your cynicism of the modern church I can understand to some extent. Doesn't mean though that we dont need a saviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha funniest part is that Mexico is just starting a renaissance...and that wall can work both ways i guess lol
Well for harmony's the maybe the Mexicans will come over to U.S. side to build while the Americans go over to the Mexican side to build. Is this what you mean by working both ways?:D

Reactions: bbyrd009