Paul Did Not Baptize Or Did He ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , as we all know , that baptism has cause more dissension then any other subject .1) Paul in Eph 4:5 , says that there is only ONE baptism , yet the Body of Christ is divided over this subject .2) I say that Paul did NOT Bapize any Gentiles , and I know you will say that I am not reading it right . Lets see?3) In 1 Cor 1:17 , For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel , not with widsom of word , in order that the cross of Christ should not be made empty . 4) But you say , in v14 , he baptized none of you , except Crispus and Gaius . So he did baptize, so what is the problem ? 5) Then in v 16 , Paul says that also baptized the household of Stephanas . 6) But , you Baptizers very conveniently gloss over the last part of v 16 , where Paul says , I DON'T KNOW IF I HAD BAPTIZED ANY OTHER . And he writes this under the INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit .7) Why Paul could NOT Baptize any Gentiles is seen in the last part of v 17, lest the CROSS of Christ should be made of NONE EFFECT , and the Greek word AKUROO means to render void , deprive of force and aurthority .8) Paul BAPTIZED only Jews , as seen in Acts 18:8 and this my proof text . 9) What this also telling us that there is a change coming , AS Eph 4:4-5 , says . 10) This also shows that there is a difference between the gospel that the 12 preached and it is different than the Gospel that Paul preached 1 Cor 9:17 ; Acts 20:24 ; Eph 3:2 ; Col 1:2511) If you disagree on what gospels they preached, just show a verse where they are the same .

bethog

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (dan p @ Mar 31 2009, 08:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71492
Hi to all , as we all know , that baptism has cause more dissension then any other subject . . . . . .
Again one of your postings causing controversy, it seems like you have a mission to bring controversy and arguments to the forum.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (bethog @ Apr 1 2009, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71560
Again one of your postings causing controversy, it seems like you have a mission to bring controversy and arguments to the forum.
Hi bethog , why not just rebut , if you say that I am wrong , and present your position , for I do not worry about debate . I just present what I have learned and nothing more , and does controversy bother you ?