Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Doubter? There's nothing that says I need to have faith in Paul. There's nothing that says have to have faith in the Bible. It's God we need to have faith in.

So you don’t believe Paul, in what Paul says (at least of some), in the witness of Paul about himself and about what God had done to him, about his experience with God; in his testimony of the things of the Spirit of God taught and revealed to him by God; in his sincerity; in his love for Christ Jesus; etc..; in his writings as we have them in the Bible, which I presume is where you find the gospel that you profess to believe and are saved; in the Bible which I presume, is where you refer to as that which told you about the God you now profess to believe as the true God and your Savior.

May I ask, what is the Bible to you?

cc @amadeus

Tong
R4807

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don’t believe Paul, in what Paul says, in the witness of Paul about himself and about what God had done to him, about his experience with God; in his testimony of the things of the Spirit of God taught and revealed to him by God; in his sincerity; in his love for Christ Jesus; etc..; in his writings as we have them in the Bible, which I presume is where you find the gospel that you profess to believe and are saved; in the Bible which I presume, is where you refer to as that which told you about the God you now profess to believe as the true God and your Savior.

May I ask, what is the Bible to you?

cc @amadeus

Tong
R4807
Thank you for the tag.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought it is the proper thing to do.

I will be refining my post that you responded to. Please do check it out.

Thanks.

Tong
R4812
Thank you! I believe I understand where he is on Paul even if I cannot embrace it.

To me what Paul wrote is a very important and even essential to helping us understand God's Word for us.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like to answer my question to @Bob Estey as well?

My question was, in the context of the discussion:

what is the Bible to you?

Tong
R4813
The written words are like the body of Jesus hanging on dead on the cross before the Resurrection. When we partake of them and they are quickened by the Holy Spirit they are the Living Word of God.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thank you! I believe I understand where he is on Paul even if I cannot embrace it.

To me what Paul wrote is a very important and even essential to helping us understand God's Word for us.

Bob: Doubter? There's nothing that says I need to have faith in Paul. There's nothing that says have to have faith in the Bible. It's God we need to have faith in.

Amadeus: Amen!

Can you tell me what is this? In my reading, you totally agree with him. It’s an “Amen” even.

Tong
R4814

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Would you like to answer my question to @Bob Estey as well?

My question was, in the context of the discussion:

what is the Bible to you?
The written words are like the body of Jesus hanging on dead on the cross before the Resurrection. When we partake of them and they are quickened by the Holy Spirit they are the Living Word of God.
In simple words, do you take the whole Bible as the inspired written words of God, all of it?

Do you believe that the writings of Paul, all of it, were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and approved of the Holy Spirit, and that all are true, including greetings, and personal testimonies, prayers, narratives, and all?

Tong
R4815

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bob: Doubter? There's nothing that says I need to have faith in Paul. There's nothing that says have to have faith in the Bible. It's God we need to have faith in.

Amadeus: Amen!

Can you tell me what is this? In my reading, you totally agree with him. It’s an “Amen” even.

Tong
R4814
I agreed with the direction of his heart as I saw it. Everything that I see may not be black and white although ultimately it may need to be. What has God shown me? What has He not shown me?

I am still searching. When I see someone else searching or surrendering in spite of different views or connections or conclusions, how can I not say, "Amen"?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In simple words, do you take the whole Bible as the inspired written words of God, all of it?
I have not rejected any of it. I do read all of it regularly. I live by faith and still I see as through a glass darkly God and the things of God... so how definite can I be? I love God and I love His Word. I love the Bible.
Do you believe that the writings of Paul, all of it, were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and approved of the Holy Spirit, and that all are true, including greetings, and personal testimonies, prayers, narratives, and all?
Yes, all of it that I have understood to the extent that I have understood it.

If all believers understood all of the things that God has given us perfectly, do you suppose that there would be so many churches and people calling themselves Christian while disagreeing on so many points based often on the same Bibles?

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If someone wants to question scriptures, go ahead. If someone has decided to blow their head off, it doesn't matter what I think, do, or say, now, does it? Stupid is as stupid does. In my opinion, saying that Paul isn't inspired is the epitome of stupidity.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the Lord looks at the Bible like you do. You think the Bible is the Word of God.
And I think He does. I think of the Bible the way I do because I think that's exactly what God gave it as.

You don't think the Bible is the Word of God, but you think it contains the Words of God.

And we have you to tell us what is and what isn't. And we have someone else who will tell us also, except he'll tell us differently than you.

Don't expect to change my mind on this. I personally can't understand how a person can logically and reasonably believe that some of the Bible is reliable, and some of it isn't, and everyone just decides for themself what is and what isn't.'

"And everyone did what was right in their own eyes . . ."

Much love!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that in places too. No one was ever saved by the law. It's clear that there were those in Christ, in the body of Christ before Paul. Paul the messenger of Christ Jesus was used effectively by God for his purposes. Many disregard all scripture except Pauls epistles. Big mistake.