Pay to Pray eRosary from the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, if you want to only discuss things with a particular brand of Protestants, you'll probably feel more comfortable in one another boards out there that caters to your specific theological group. This forum does welcome many different groups.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But i didn't say that. If we compare doctrines and dogmas from a biblical perspective, someone is right and someone is wrong. A mormon can call themselves christian all day long but then the debate should be allowed to progress to the next level which is the 'show me' part of the discussion. People that want to claim the name of Christ shouldn't be offended to prove it. I am happy to prove my beliefs from scripture. Why are others so offended? Standing up for the gospel on a christian board should be a no brainer.
No, I had been responding to a comment by David, that if someone thought Catholics were Christians, then they needed to have a different conversation, something like that.

I don't know why so many people have to come out of the gate swinging!

We can all have reasonable discussions, can't we? I think the majority of us do, without broad-brush impugning the faith of those whom we don't even know.

Much love!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, if you want to fly discuss things with a particular brand of Protestants, you'll probably feel more comfortable in one another boards out there that caters to your specific theological group. This forum does welcome many different groups.
I don't have problems dealing with people outside of my denomination, but I do have a problem when they call non-christian groups christian just because that is how they identify.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I had been responding to a comment by David, that if someone thought Catholics were Christians, then they needed to have a different conversation, something like that.

I don't know why so many people have to come out of the gate swinging!

We can all have reasonable discussions, can't we? I think the majority of us do, without broad-brush impugning the faith of those whom we don't even know.

Much love!
Then let me rephrase and clarify my original statement. The Catholic Church, is not a Christian Church. That is not to say there are not Christians that go to Catholic churches. I personally know Catholics who I believe are saved. Why they continue to go to the Catholic Church? Don't really know.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That commandment to love your neighbor as yourself INCLUDES telling them the truth.

Not telling them the truth is the exact opposite of love.

What if the person who self-identifies in a faith which you dispute doesn't actually hold to those parts that you dispute over?

What about the Catholic who observes all the rites, but really believes that it's only by faith in Jesus they are saved? Whose life has become changed, could that person actually be a Christian, even if in error about other aspects of the faith, and doctrine?

Should we be careful who we condemn?

Much love!

Reactions: Giuliano

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the person who self-identifies in a faith which you dispute doesn't actually hold to those parts that you dispute over?

What about the Catholic who observes all the rites, but really believes that it's only by faith in Jesus they are saved? Whose life has become changed, could that person actually be a Christian, even if in error about other aspects of the faith, and doctrine?

Should we be careful who we condemn?

Much love!
You didn't read my other post where I said I have no doubt there are believer's in the Catholic Church but the Catholic Church itself is not Christian. If there are Christians I would implore them to find a different church as fast as possible and get under good godly and biblical preaching.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That commandment to love your neighbor as yourself INCLUDES telling them the truth.

Not telling them the truth is the exact opposite of love.
The Big Question is Why are you telling the truth? What is in your heart? If love is in your heart, well, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't read my other post where I said I have no doubt there are believer's in the Catholic Church but the Catholic Church itself is not Christian. If there are Christians I would implore them to find a different church as fast as possible and get under good godly and biblical preaching.
OK then.

Like I said before, I was responding to the place where you wrote, "If you think Catholics are Christians . . ." So then Catholics can be Christians too. I agree.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello David,

That is like saying the British don't speak English. o_O

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
The rcc teaches Jesus as a wafer to be worshiped which is false. A false holy father, false gospel.....just exactly how is that the same thing?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The rcc teaches Jesus as a wafer to be worshiped which is false. A false holy father, false gospel.....just exactly how is that the same thing?

Hello nondenom,

Are you the arbiter of what's true and false? Why should your words carry more weight than 2000 years of my brethren?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catechism of the Catholic Church - IntraText Right here your doctrine says that baptism is necessary for salvation. We know this to not be true. The thief on the cross was not baptized. Romans 10:9-10 speak nothing of baptism as a requirement for salvation.

First, baptism is not a 'work' . it is a gift that you receive. No one can baptise themselves...

Second,
Peter (said) to them, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit.

Just one of many verses that show the necessity of baptism.

As for the theif, how do you know he was not baptized? Further, Jesus can, of course, save whomsoever He will, in whatever manner He chooses, for who can argue with His judgements?

Peace!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, baptism is not a 'work' . it is a gift that you receive. No one can baptise themselves...
You have to initiate baptism by agreeing to do it.
Second,
Peter (said) to them, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit.
And what did Paul say?

As for the theif, how do you know he was not baptized?
Are you kidding me right now? HE WAS DYING ON A CROSS.

Further, Jesus can, of course, save whomsoever He will, in whatever manner He chooses, for who can argue with His judgements?
This is awfully convenient to prop up your false doctrine.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For one thing it isn't 2,000 years of your bretheren. Apparently you don't know your own history. This teaching did not start until the 11th or 12th century.

They abstain
from eucharist (thanksgiving) and prayer, because they
allow not that the eucharist is the flesh of our
Saviour Jesus Christ, which flesh suffered for our
sins, and which the Father of His goodness raised up

Ignatius to the Smyrneans circa 100 AD. Your dates a little off.. ;)

Peace!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They abstain
from eucharist (thanksgiving) and prayer, because they
allow not that the eucharist is the flesh of our
Saviour Jesus Christ, which flesh suffered for our
sins, and which the Father of His goodness raised up

Ignatius to the Smyrneans circa 100 AD. Your dates a little off.. ;)

Peace!
Ignatius is not stating that the cup turns into the actual physical blood of Christ, nor the bread the actual physical flesh of Christ. You should read the rest of Ignatius and not cite one paragraph out of the context of the whole.