Pay to Pray eRosary from the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have to initiate baptism by agreeing to do it.

You cannot 'do' baptism, it is done tp you..
And what did Paul say?

one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Are you kidding me right now? HE WAS DYING ON A CROSS.

John and Jesus' disciples baptized many before the crucifixtion....

This is awfully convenient to prop up your false doctrine.

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

You might wanna read a bible once in a while, before accusing anyone of false doctrine...

Peace!

Reactions: Giuliano

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ignatius is not stating that the cup turns into the actual physical blood of Christ, nor the bread the actual physical flesh of Christ. You should read the rest of Ignatius and not cite one paragraph out of the context of the whole.

I have read Ignatius thoroughly, and if you can't understand this obvious declaration that the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Christ, perhaps you might try a reading comprehension class.

Peace!

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You didn't read my other post where I said I have no doubt there are believer's in the Catholic Church but the Catholic Church itself is not Christian. If there are Christians I would implore them to find a different church as fast as possible and get under good godly and biblical preaching.
Is Catholicism Christian?
My Debate With James White
(Dave Armstrong vs. James White from 1995)

This was the most in-depth writing I have ever done concerning the fundamental question of the Christian status of Catholicism. I’ve never been able to get an anti-Catholic to fully deal with the issue, in an honest debate. In fact, in 2007, I was so tired of trying to get into such a discussion, that I challenged six or seven prominent anti-Catholics (including Mr. White) to a “live chat” debate on the question. They all refused: most of them with rank insults. Because of that, I decided that I would no longer seek to engage anti-Catholics in theological debate (apart from very few exceptions), since they refused to grapple with the root issue of what Christianity is, and why they think Catholicism isn’t Christian. One can’t really have a true dialogue until fundamental differences are addressed.

The “snail mail debate” I link to below takes up 103 pages in my book devoted to Mr. White. Needless to say, he has utterly ignored the book: never said a word about it, ever (that I am aware of). I can fully understand why . . .

My good friend Phil Porvaznik has posted the entire debate in neat, presentable html-linked form on one web page on his site. Enjoy!

Dear Mr. White, (David Taylor)

I am a cult researcher (#248 in 1993 Directory of Cult Research Organizations, Tolbert & Pement) and Christian apologist, who converted to Catholicism in 1990 after ten years of committed evangelicalism (including five as a campus missionary). I am disturbed by the tendency among cult researchers and other leaders in Protestantism to regard the Catholic Church as "apostate" and/or non-Christian, since it supposedly denies the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is not worthy of men of your stature and theological training, and is also uncharitable, since it is slanderous and schismatic.

I'd be interested in dialoguing with you or anyone you might know (with perhaps more time on their hands) who would be willing to do so, about this matter and any or all of the theological issues which sadly divide us (enclosed is a list of my tracts and a few samples). I have been published in The Catholic Answer and This Rock, two of the leading Catholic apologetic journals, and will soon have a book out, The Credibility of Catholicism (possibly published by Ignatius Press), which is a defense of Catholicism from Scripture, the early Church, and reason, as well as a very extensive critique and examination of the so-called "Reformation" (I prefer the objective term "Revolt").

Catholicism is not only Christian -- it is far superior to Protestantism on biblical, historical, and rational grounds. Secondly, I would say that a position maintaining that Protestantism is Christian while Catholicism is not, is self-defeating, incoherent, and intellectually dishonest, if thought through properly (which is rarely the case). I never had this outlook as a Protestant for these very reasons.

Among the many insuperable difficulties of anti-Catholicism:

1) The Canon of the Bible was determined by the Catholic Church. Thus, "sola Scriptura" necessarily requires a Tradition and Catholic (conciliar and papal) Authority. Not to mention the preservation of Bible manuscripts by monks.

2) At what moment did Catholicism become apostate? At John's death? In 313? With Gregory the Great and the ascendancy of papal power? In the "Dark Ages" of c.800-1100? With the Inquisition or Crusades? Or at the Council of Trent? And how can anyone know for sure when?

3) 23,000 denominations and the scandalous organizational anarchy, schism, and theological relativism inherent therein virtually disproves Protestantism in and of itself.

4) Protestantism has only been around for 500 years!

5) If the Inquisition disproves Catholicism, then the Witch Hunts and killings of Anabaptists, the suppression of the Peasants' Revolt, and early Protestantism's horrendous record of intolerance (at least as bad as Catholicism's by any criterion) disproves Protestantism as well.
see The Protestant Inquisition

6) Protestantism inconsistently and dishonestly appeals to indisputably Catholic Church Fathers such as St. Auqustine (above all) St. John Chrysostom, St. Jerome, St. Ignatius, St. Irenaeus, St. Justin Martyr (also, later Catholics such as St. Francis, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Thomas a Kempis).

7) Likewise, it inconsistently appeals to Church Councils which it likes (generally the first four) and ignores the rest, on questionable theological and ecclesiological grounds. Development of doctrine is accepted to an extent, and then incoherently rejected. This is largely what made me a Catholic, after reading Newman's Development of Doctrine.

8) Funny how an "apostate" Church has uniquely preserved traditional Christian morality such as the indissolubility of marriage, gender roles, the prohibition of contraception, euthanasia, infanticide, abortion, etc., while Protestantism is compromising these with frightening rapidity.

"Sola fide" is not the gospel. If so, then there wasn't a gospel to speak of for 1500-odd years, since "sola fide" was a radically novel and unbiblical interpretation of justification and sanctification. The God I serve is greater than that-- His hands weren't tied until Dr. Luther figured everything out! Related to this is the slanderous assertion that Catholics are Pelagian or semi-Pelagian and believe in salvation by works. Nothing could be further from the truth. We merely refuse to separate works from faith in a dichotomous relationship as Luther did (which is why he wanted to throw out James-- so clear was its Catholic teaching). Catholicism condemned Pelagianism at the 2nd Council of Orange in 529 A.D., almost 1000 years before Luther. The very first Canon on Justification in the Council of Trent states:

"If anyone saith that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema."

This would seem to be sufficient to put the matter to rest. But blind prejudice and anti-Catholicism stubbornly persist.

Many other biblical proofs for Catholicism are in my apologetic works, if you're interested. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely, your brother and co-laborer in Christ,

Dave Armstrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have problems dealing with people outside of my denomination, but I do have a problem when they call non-christian groups christian just because that is how they identify.
So just as long as they are close enough to your personal theological beliefs that they get your personal stamp of approval *rolls eyes*

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They abstain
from eucharist (thanksgiving) and prayer, because they
allow not that the eucharist is the flesh of our
Saviour Jesus Christ, which flesh suffered for our
sins, and which the Father of His goodness raised up

Ugh!

This is a memorial, not a some ghastly cannibalism. No offense intended, but I find the idea offensive.

His flesh was raised from among the dead, and ascended into heaven.

And besides . . . everyone can see it's just bread.

Much love!

Reactions: 4Jesus

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical = BIBLE. Sola Scriptura. If it's not in the Bible it is not part of the church. Like praying to anyone other than God. That is nowhere found in Scripture.
Then I recommend you find a board that has Sola Scriptura in it's belief statement / rules.
Here does not.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ugh!

This is a memorial, not a some ghastly cannibalism. No offense intended, but I find the idea offensive.

His flesh was raised from among the dead, and ascended into heaven.

And besides . . . everyone can see it's just bread.

Much love!

Dear marks,

Then many of his disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?"

Truly it takes faith, to accept Jesus' words and believe! But we can believe because they ARE Jesus' words, and thus they are Truth!

For 2000 years all the apostolic communities have taught this, today you have the living witness of Rome, Alexandria and Constantinople, all of who affirm the Truth that the Eucharist is indeed the Body and Blood of Christ...

If you can't accept their testimony , I'm not sure mine will help but here it is:

it's one thing to assent with the will (as I did for many years) and another to truly lay yourself down and adore Jesus, present in the Eucharist..
The day I did that was they day He showed Himself to me, enthroned and surrounded by a vast multitude singing the most beautiful song I have ever heard...
And so I will continue to adore Him in the Eucharist and proclaim the Truth that my brothers and sisters have shared for 2000 years.

Peace be with you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't mean I can't point out false doctrine, which I plan to do. If you don't like that people like me are here, maybe you should leave.
Like I said, coming out of the gate swinging.

I suggest that you actually do endeavor to find out what people believe rather than simply defining them according to your understanding of their label. Best in my mind to find out what they personally believe first. Of course, that's just me.

Much love!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't mean I can't point out false doctrine, which I plan to do. If you don't like that people like me are here, maybe you should leave.
I was just letting you know what this board does not meet your definition of "Biblical" and non-Protestants are regarded as Christians as well as Protestants. That's forum rules.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer isn't free anymore, apparently. Now you can pay to help with your prayers.

Vatican launches $110 'click to pray' wearable rosary - CNN
"The Rosary is going mobile.
The Vatican announced the launch of the "Click to Pray eRosary" Wednesday. October is the month of the Rosary.
The eRosary is an app-driven device that can be worn as a bracelet. To activate it, all you have to do is make the sign of the cross, similar to how Catholics begin praying the Rosary.
Once activated, the wearer can choose between three different options to pray. There is the standard rosary, a contemplative rosary or a thematic rosary, which will be updated every year. The device shows the users progress throughout each prayer and keeps track of each rosary completed.
The interactive device is a push from the church to reach tech-savvy millennials and Gen Z.
It "serves as a tool for learning how to pray the rosary for peace in the world," according to a news release from the Vatican.
The project -- part of the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network -- brings together the best of the Church's spiritual tradition and the latest advances of the technological world, the Vatican said.
The eRosary is available to buy now for $110."

Click To Pray eRosary: the new smart Rosary to pray for peace in the world

Ridiculous...but I guess that is just and opinion. Reminds me of: Mark 12:38-44 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces, [39] And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts: [40] Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation. [41] And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. [42] And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. [43] And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: [44] For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear marks,

Then many of his disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?"

You do need to continue where Jesus said His words are spirit.

Notice that when Jesus told the disciples, This is my body, given for you, He did not tear off bits of His flesh for them to stuff into their mouths. He handed them bread, even as He sat among them. Don't you see they did not physically eat Jesus?

Truly it takes faith, to accept Jesus' words and believe! But we can believe because they ARE Jesus' words, and thus they are Truth!

I think it takes more than faith. It takes what Jesus declares to be spiritual, and changes it around to become material.

Are you hearing yourself?

it's one thing to assent with the will (as I did for many years) and another to truly lay yourself down and adore Jesus, present in the Eucharist..

You remember what Israel's great sin was while Moses was on Horeb, they said that the golden calf was actually YHWH.

You keep saying Eucharist, I've always thought of that in reference the the bread, and not the cup. So if I received communion at your church, I would be receiving the bread and the cup, that's correct?

The day I did that was they day He showed Himself to me, enthroned and surrounded by a vast multitude singing the most beautiful song I have ever heard...
Peace be with you!

Well that sounds like a convincer!