Pay to Pray eRosary from the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how the Apostles managed to convert so many pagans to Christianity? Poor people back then probably didn't know how to pray.
Pagans knew how to pray. Their prayers were to false Gods!

You do know what a pagan is....Right?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Individuals whom believe that the Lord's Supper is literal are Christians.
Individuals whom believe that the Lord's Supper is symbolic are Christians.

Theology is very important. But it's not what makes a person a disciple of Christ (aka a Christian).

You are correct to a point. Let me correct your statements.

Individuals who beleive the Lord's supper is literal may be Christians who have been mislead to believe a false teaching. (not to mention nonsense)
Individuals who believe that the Lord's supper is symbolic may be Christians.

Theology is very important. But not all points of doctrine are essential to the salvation of a believer.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic that we were discussing was the bread and wine ritual. I am staying on that. You are the one that is avoiding it.
I'm not avoiding it. And this shows you want to cherry pick verses to prop up a false theology without proper interpretation. And, when shown with another passage the error of how you interpret you cower and say we aren't discussing that passage because it blows your theology out of the water.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not avoiding it. And this shows you want to cherry pick verses to prop up a false theology without proper interpretation. And, when shown with another passage the error of how you interpret you cower and say we aren't discussing that passage because it blows your theology out of the water.
FYI: MaryMog's entire purpose of being on here is to try to convince people to become Catholic Christians. That missionary and "defend the Gospel" as she believes it are the only thing she does.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pagans knew how to pray. Their prayers were to false Gods!

You do know what a pagan is....Right?
So pagans knew how to pray, but Catholics need gadgets to pray? Are you even thinking about what you're saying?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is not a short set of verses. Rather lengthy and very clear. Go back and read them slowly. This is not linked to being saved, but it is up to you to figure it out. Blow my theology our the water?....you so silly. Again, plain and simple words from Christ, agree with Him.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So pagans knew how to pray, but Catholics need gadgets to pray? Are you even thinking about what you're saying?
Hooray.....you got it. Pagans probably knew how to pray which means that the Apostles didn't have to teach them how to pray like you said.

No, Catholics don't need gadgets to pray. What a silly question. Do you need the bible in front of you and open to Matthew 6:9-13 when you pray the Lords Prayer?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct to a point. Let me correct your statements.

Individuals who beleive the Lord's supper is literal may be Christians who have been mislead to believe a false teaching. (not to mention nonsense)
Individuals who believe that the Lord's supper is symbolic may be Christians.

Theology is very important. But not all points of doctrine are essential to the salvation of a believer.
The part I bolded is very true.

I personally, do very much believe that the Lord's Supper is symbolic. But adding a bunch of snark (the "nonsense" quote) isn't going to bring anyone closer to Christ.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hooray.....you got it. Pagans probably knew how to pray which means that the Apostles didn't have to teach them how to pray like you said.

No, Catholics don't need gadgets to pray. What a silly question. Do you need the bible in front of you and open to Matthew 6:9-13 when you pray the Lords Prayer?
Why sell gadgets then?

Does that mean you won't be buying one of the new gadgets then?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a short set of verses. Rather lengthy and very clear. Go back and read them slowly. This is not linked to being saved, but it is up to you to figure it out. Blow my theology our the water?....you so silly. Again, plain and simple words from Christ, agree with Him.
Again, you make us out to be canibals with your theology and misinterpretation. The bread/wine does not change to the literal flesh and blood of Christ. By the way, if it did, which it does not, what happens after we ingest it? Do you then expel Christ through your feces?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi David,

What is your definition of indulgence or what do you believe The Church considers an indulgence?
An indulgence is granted for remission of sins to offer a way out of some of the temporal punishment for forgiven sins. Of course this is against anything Scripture states. Christ took the penalty for our sin already. If we are saved there is no punishment for us. It has already been delivered.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An indulgence is granted for remission of sins to offer a way out of some of the temporal punishment for forgiven sins. Of course this is against anything Scripture states. Christ took the penalty for our sin already. If we are saved there is no punishment for us. It has already been delivered.
1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you make us out to be canibals with your theology and misinterpretation. The bread/wine does not change to the literal flesh and blood of Christ. By the way, if it did, which it does not, what happens after we ingest it? Do you then expel Christ through your feces?

You are one perverted person...this ends this conversation.