Pearl Harbor And The 1967 War Of Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
I saw an interesting program a few days ago on the Military Channel. I find that the older I have become the more interesting history has become. The topic was the corrolation between the attack on Pearl Harbor and the 1967 War of Israel. They discussed the military tactics, strategies, etc. but what I found to be most fascinating was God's hand in it.

When Israel attacked Egypt they flew in taking an indirect route. Oddly....their leader, afraid he was a target within his own country, turned off the air defense system because he was flying in and didn't want to be a target to those that wanted him dead. That was the SAME TIME Israel came flying in...so their attack was a total surprise! And....was very successful. An accident? A coincidence? I don't think so. :lol:

When Japan attacked Pearl Harbor it too was a surprise attack and they killed many of our men. :( However, they DID NOT bomb our aircraft carriers, our submarines or a vital building where information was held. Our aircraft carriers were a tremendous help in winning the war and they were all called out to sea before the attack. An accident? A coincidence? I don't think so. :lol:

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
1967 war: Dallas Billington was preaching and the entire battle detail for detail even to where they would cross the creek and where they sat and rested and recouped ----- the whole thing and looked up and said, you people think this won't happen; it's right here in this book (KJV Bible) and 2 weeks later it happen exactly like he preached it would.

Sad note on WW2 & PH: FDR knew 4 days in advance that Japan was going to bomb Pearl Harbor.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I saw an interesting program a few days ago on the Military Channel. I find that the older I have become the more interesting history has become. The topic was the corrolation between the attack on Pearl Harbor and the 1967 War of Israel. They discussed the military tactics, strategies, etc. but what I found to be most fascinating was God's hand in it.

When Israel attacked Egypt they flew in taking an indirect route. Oddly....their leader, afraid he was a target within his own country, turned off the air defense system because he was flying in and didn't want to be a target to those that wanted him dead. That was the SAME TIME Israel came flying in...so their attack was a total surprise! And....was very successful. An accident? A coincidence? I don't think so. :lol:

When Japan attacked Pearl Harbor it too was a surprise attack and they killed many of our men. :( However, they DID NOT bomb our aircraft carriers, our submarines or a vital building where information was held. Our aircraft carriers were a tremendous help in winning the war and they were all called out to sea before the attack. An accident? A coincidence? I don't think so. :lol:
Whirlwind
I have been around a lot longer than you have. I have researched much more than you have. I have investigated much more than you have.

Certain major events in the world definitely have the hand of god in them (manipulating outcomes) . Many minor events also have such (manipulated) outcomes. These things can be proven often by 80% fact and 20% faith. Most often the participants in these events do not realize the aspect of divine intervention involved. At least not at the time of the occurrence.

While studying history from the top down , and then studying eschatology from the bottom up , many events coincide nicely. Once in a while my thoughts want to claim that maybe everything is divinely authored. I find this mind boggling. It does not leave room for personal choice. Yet I also know that this universe is not governed by personal choices by humans.

In this thread I agree with your line of thinking that everything happens for a purpose , especially your above examples. I think you are correct.

Interesting subject
Martin W.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Just after the second world war Britain and others collaborated with Zionists to form a country for the Jews in Palestine. At the last day , in May 1948 everything was in place except for the name of the new country.

Judah was considered , Palestine was favored, Zion was considered etc. From the back of the room somebody yelled "how about Israel". It was accepted.

I find it interesting that Isaiah had predicted that in one day Israel would again become a Nation.

The decision makers planning the new State of Israel were not reading Isaiah at the time , but they fulfilled it perfectly.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Whirlwind
I have been around a lot longer than you have. I have researched much more than you have. I have investigated much more than you have.

Certain major events in the world definitely have the hand of god in them (manipulating outcomes) . Many minor events also have such (manipulated) outcomes. These things can be proven often by 80% fact and 20% faith. Most often the participants in these events do not realize the aspect of divine intervention involved. At least not at the time of the occurrence.

While studying history from the top down , and then studying eschatology from the bottom up , many events coincide nicely. Once in a while my thoughts want to claim that maybe everything is divinely authored. I find this mind boggling. It does not leave room for personal choice. Yet I also know that this universe is not governed by personal choices by humans.

In this thread I agree with your line of thinking that everything happens for a purpose , especially your above examples. I think you are correct.

Interesting subject
Martin W.

I have no doubt you have investigated more but....I'm pretty old so I don't know if you've been around much longer. :lol: It is indeed "mind boggling" to consider (at least as much as a human mind is able to comprehend) what He does. I don't consider it so much as not leaving room for "personal choice," but that He sets up the events and sees how His children react. I do believe that He guides and directs His elect so His will is done but He leaves those of free will to their own devices for they must be proven.

Just after the second world war Britain and others collaborated with Zionists to form a country for the Jews in Palestine. At the last day , in May 1948 everything was in place except for the name of the new country.

Judah was considered , Palestine was favored, Zion was considered etc. From the back of the room somebody yelled "how about Israel". It was accepted.

I find it interesting that Isaiah had predicted that in one day Israel would again become a Nation.

The decision makers planning the new State of Israel were not reading Isaiah at the time , but they fulfilled it perfectly.

Martin, I feel there is much we can learn from you. This is fascinating to me. Please consider sharing some of your knowledge and historical stories, such as above, with us.

I look forward to a series from you...as you have time. :) And if you are able to share these with us please notify me by PM with the title of your thread so I don't miss them,