"Pentecostal" good and bad.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
Sad to Say when Tongue Speaking and Tongue Interpreting(Prophesy) is Despised. It was despised on Pentecost, and it was Despised during the Azuza Street Pentecost, when in 1906 they started speaking with Tongues. Let two or three AT THE MOST speak tongues, and there will be an interpreter. I know what it means cause when someone speaks the Tongue, the Interpreter HAS THUS SAITH THE LORD.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Thunder1;34845)
What about worship, TallMan ? By the way, how tall are you ?
Godgives sp[ecific commands in 1 Corinthians 14 on how he wants to be worshipped in the public meeting context. Some pentecostal meetings I have encountered don't seem to have taken the correction given to the Corinthians. They seem to use Acts 2 as a template for what goes on.But anyway, with all the focus on tongues which has been discussed elsewhere, various aspects of Pentecostalism remain un-analysed:-Forms of worship - are they culturally of scripturally derived?Emotion vs no emotionWords of knowledge, special anointingsBinding & loosing spirits, "spiritual warfare"Demons in & out of the church, in houses, over citiesDoes the Pentecostal church lose or gain what it offers by blending with other churches . . .etcI'm 6'5"

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I just love to worship God. In Cor. it says everyone has a hymn... hmm. In church I don't have my own hymn, we worship together, those words in songs speak to us. I love singing,praising God together or by myself, sometimes I just put worship cd on and listen to it. In church sometimes I sit, stand, lift my hands to God, kneel, but I just love to thank my awesome God that way. Sometimes I let others worship and I'm just quiet in the presence of the Holy Spirit. It's not negative,there is no criticising, it's uplifting. There is no pressure, we are one in the Spirit. It's a recharge for me. There is no one else that I would worship like that than my awesome God.

kentots

Feb 20, 2008
I think somewhere in the bible Paul brings about some information regarding speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues is good, but if you don't have an interpreter (i think another spiritual gift), it won't help the church as a whole. Speaking in tongues i think is a direct communication between your spirit and God, but without a interpreter you do not know what you are saying nor does anyone else. I think i got that down right, correct me if im wrong.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kentots;37090)
I think somewhere in the bible Paul brings about some information regarding speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues is good, but if you don't have an interpreter (i think another spiritual gift), it won't help the church as a whole. Speaking in tongues i think is a direct communication between your spirit and God, but without a interpreter you do not know what you are saying nor does anyone else. I think i got that down right, correct me if im wrong.
If you're prophesying (God speaking through you) in tongues to a crowd, it's no good unless if you have an interpreter. It's common sense, no one will understand it. So, if there is no interpreter, just pray between you and God. Sometimes God speaks to people of different languages through your tongues without you knowing it.

Nov 8, 2007
(Wakka;37095)
If you're prophesying (God speaking through you) in tongues to a crowd, it's no good unless if you have an interpreter. It's common sense, no one will understand it. So, if there is no interpreter, just pray between you and God. Sometimes God speaks to people of different languages through your tongues without you knowing it.
AMEN! I'm a Pentecostal BY THE BAPTISM AND RENEWING OF THE HOLY GHOST! I hate the Organization though. That's all I will say. I'M not a denominational Pentecostal, I'm just, what the early 1900 Christian Folks Call, a "Holy-Roller" LOL YEAH!

kentots

Feb 20, 2008
One of the many things i'd like to do is go out and visit other churches and see how they do things. Might be able to learn a couple things from some other churches.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
One time I had a very interesting experience happen too me.I attended a UPC church for 2 years and God directed me to start attending a Word Church. About a year later I grew my beard back, and one day I just had a desire in my heart to go to worship at my old UPC church. I really felt the hand of God in this but before I went in, I asked God to not let me Prophesy in tongues, because I knew that these people would not recieve it because they thought that I had back slidden because I left their church. Plus I had a beard and that's pretty unexceptable there.Things went really great until the worship got real quiet. I tried really hard with every thing in me not to prophecy in tongues but I just felt it so strongly that I couldn't hold it back! Sure enough no one interpretted it, not even the pastor.When I left I was so frustrated. I told God I asked you not to let me do that?There was no explaination from Him.2weeks later, I was visiting with a friend. A young pentecostal girl stopped by to visit and as my friend introduced me to her, the young girl said," I know you, you where that guy that prophecied in our church a while back". I said ,"yes" She said," That day my father was visiting our church, he had been backslidden and had not been to church for years. He travels over seas alot with his job. When you prophecied in tongues that morning He asked if you spoke malaysian? we said probably not!He said, " that man is speaking directly to me in the most perfect malaysian language I've ever heard.He gave his life back to the Lord that day!God is so awesome!

Scotty P

Feb 23, 2008
(jodycour;37162)
One time I had a very interesting experience happen too me.I attended a UPC church for 2 years and God directed me to start attending a Word Church. About a year later I grew my beard back, and one day I just had a desire in my heart to go to worship at my old UPC church. I really felt the hand of God in this but before I went in, I asked God to not let me Prophesy in tongues, because I knew that these people would not recieve it because they thought that I had back slidden because I left their church. Plus I had a beard and that's pretty unexceptable there.Things went really great until the worship got real quiet. I tried really hard with every thing in me not to prophecy in tongues but I just felt it so strongly that I couldn't hold it back! Sure enough no one interpretted it, not even the pastor.When I left I was so frustrated. I told God I asked you not to let me do that?There was no explaination from Him.2weeks later, I was visiting with a friend. A young pentecostal girl stopped by to visit and as my friend introduced me to her, the young girl said," I know you, you where that guy that prophecied in our church a while back". I said ,"yes" She said," That day my father was visiting our church, he had been backslidden and had not been to church for years. He travels over seas alot with his job. When you prophecied in tongues that morning He asked if you spoke malaysian? we said probably not!He said, " that man is speaking directly to me in the most perfect malaysian language I've ever heard.He gave his life back to the Lord that day!God is so awesome!
Now that is cool!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Scotty P;37704)
Now that is cool!
Welcome Scotty
smile.gif