"Pentecostals" Cannot Replicate Anything From Acts ch.2.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not have it as falsely spoken of by those who pretend they replicate Acts 2. Do you?

I see I assumed too much. Sorry. Don't you even want to have the Holy Spirit?

I have Him. I abide in Him, and He in me, and yes, that is confirmed by 1 John 3:22

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, they call themselves "Pentecostal.". How honest is that?

Show a group of 120 Believers gathered in complete doctrinal agreement with each other conducting nonstop prayer for days in obedience to the direct command of Jesus, show the wind and shaking of the church building, show the visible falling of the Holy Spirit as in to guess if fire, show the speaking of various known languages spoken to visiting international Jews, show us the conversion belief of 3,000 people after hearing the single witness sermon of an Apostle.

No "Pentecostal" can show even one of these things.
I have already addressed this on your other thread....Source of information?
See when you start putting out measurable data then you are Challenged to show how you came to this knowledge.

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See when you start putting out measurable data then you are Challenged to show how you came to this knowledge.

I believe if taking his statements (collectively) on these two threads, he is of the position that he was a member of the AOG for 10 yrs and himself has never spoken in tongues (I would guess) and is bitter or angry (obviously) to those who have.

And, having never received the gift, is now the foremost authority on the subject.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw that sanctified was past tense and not a process, so I asked Him what is the name of the process? And immediately He answered and said "Glorification." I had never heard anyone preach about that, but after that I saw it confirmed a lot in the NT.

Others have been about lost items, and when He told me to pray where they were, within 5 seconds I would uncover where they were.
sounds like more gibberish

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

So much for the "private" tongues outside of church and having an interpreter. And Prophesy is greater.

The spiritual gift of prophecy is listed among the gifts of the Spirit in 1 Corinthians 12:10 and Romans 12:6. The Greek word translated “prophesying” or “prophecy” in both passages properly means to “speak forth” or declare the divine will, to interpret the purposes of God, or to make known in any way the truth of God which is designed to influence people. Many people misunderstand the gift of prophecy to be the ability to predict the future. While knowing something about the future may sometimes have been an aspect of the gift of prophecy, it was primarily a gift of proclamation (“forth-telling”), not prediction (“fore-telling”).

A pastor/preacher who declares the Bible can be considered a “prophesier” in that he is speaking forth the counsel of God. With the completion of the New Testament canon, prophesying changed from declaring new revelation to declaring the completed revelation God has already given. Jude 3 speaks of “the faith which was once delivered unto the saints” (emphasis added). In other words, the faith to which we hold has been settled forever, and it does not need the addition or refinement that comes from extra-biblical revelations.got?

hope this helps !!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Yipes.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree what you already addressed on my other thread is not worth repeating. See how that is self revealed by your own words?

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Yipes.
Yes, it is alarming "Pentecostals" would misrepresent themselves by selecting that label, when they are unable to replicate anything from the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is alarming "Pentecostals" would misrepresent themselves by selecting that label, when they are unable to replicate anything from the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2.

Stop twisting the truth.

My response was expressly to the OP...
Not Pentecostals ...

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop twisting the truth.

My response was expressly to the OP...
Not Pentecostals ...
I agree. And you should start speaking to the issue of the Thread, rather than making ad hominems.

Does that sound like a good idea? A constructive plan?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw that sanctified was past tense and not a process, so I asked Him what is the name of the process? And immediately He answered and said "Glorification." I had never heard anyone preach about that, but after that I saw it confirmed a lot in the NT.

Others have been about lost items, and when He told me to pray where they were, within 5 seconds I would uncover where they were.
where are my keys I can't find them ? :rolleyes:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree what you already addressed on my other thread is not worth repeating. See how that is self revealed by your own words?
What you are doing is creating false information which is lies and slander, is of your own personal opinion, and will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.