People are different

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the churches as seven

1. Ephesus - Began with the book of Acts
2. Smyrna - Began with Nero. Foxes lists the persecutions as ten
3. Pergamos - Began when Constantine liberated the Roman Empire
4. Thyatira - Began with Charlemange - The Roman Catholic Church
5. Sardis - Began with Martin Luther
6. Philadelphia - Began with the ana-Baptists - heavily persecuted during the 16th century and into the 17th by both Magisterial Protestants and Roman Catholics. John Bunyan is also Philadelphian and spent a good bit of his life in prison due to his resistance to the state run church.
7. Laodicea - I find traces of this church as early as DL Moody in the 1800's, Who angered the English with rumors of profits made from hymn book sales. DL Moody also was the first in my readings of history to buy a mansion with ministry proceeds.

Now each church had its issues and virtues. And I am not promoting one over the other. When it is all said and done one will be able to look back and see what arose from the times...

1. Apostolic church - "Left their first Love" - Paul
2. Martyred church - Normally Orthodox in faith - Not a lot of cohesiveness here.
3. Orthodox church - Orthodox - A Pygros is a tower - Needed in the dark ages. A barbaric time.
4. Catholic church - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate
5. Protestant church - A sardius is a gem - Ellegant yet hard. Had a name but little in spirituality.
6. Revived church - The great awakening.

My image of Bill Gates sitting atop every piece of dogma reasoned out by man in the age of the church. This has made about everyone very much different from one another as we go out and read and study the different points of view from so many people.

7NqSCmN.jpg.jpg

7. Materialistic church - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?