People that fall for conspiracy theories are often the less educated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I am still waiting for them to celebrate white male heterosexual month in this country.... I do not foresee this happening anytime soon. We could not even have a "mansplaining minute", where facts are discussed freely, the way its going today. The funny thing is the left is the one that is silencing free thought, much like the Catholic church did with Galileo, etc.
Yes, speaking of conspiracies, the age-old Christian model of the masculine male has been under attack for decades now; largely destroyed today. So thoroughly wiped out that they've now moved on to pushing pedophilia as a norm and you can't watch a single movie/show today without seeing interracial couples throughout the entire cast. Absolutely ridiculous when it doesn't support, or follow, the plot one single bit.
Although flat earthers are geocentric, if one is geocentric does not mean they are flat earthers. Did you know NASA calculates all their inter-planetary missions from a geo-centric view? Yes this is done for practicality purposes making the math easier, but it is funny how people lump the two together, yet science uses geo-centrism in practical application. Perhaps we are the center of the universe????
The military/Air Force manuals and flight calculations are all based on a flat, stationary earth. That's not even a debate, it's a fact. There's not a pilot alive today who has ever once had to calculate, in any way, for the earth moving beneath them, nor for the horizon continuously dropping as they fly forward.

Strange, but Truth.
shocked-face-asian-man-white-260nw-755345443.jpg

Reactions: Scott Downey

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a shame that Solomon did not remain on the straight and narrow road. In the end he became an apostate and because of that Israel was divided into two kingdoms. Then his son Jeroboam made things even worse, and his servant Rehoboam also became an idolater.
Yes, there's a lotta fascinating backstory about Solomon.

Supposedly, he also created some of the most powerful witchcraft manuals, and techniques that are still coveted and used today, during his efforts to enslave demons to do his bidding. Sometimes intelligence is just downright dangerous.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any real reverence for Scripture or would you say you're just dabbling?

It's ok, to each his own.
Huh? You don't know the scriptures?

1 Kings 3:25 “Cut the baby in half! That way each of you can have part of him.”

Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve produced a podcast for 4 years. 200+ episodes and have had dozens of conspiracy related shows. I’ve had Harvard profs weigh in and YES, the prof is a believer of certain conspiracies. Also political believers, you name it…very educated people including military.

once your name is known, people reach out to you with conspiracies.

It’s not new. I’ve been interested in this topic for over 40 years. I pick peoples brains on a regular basis. You shouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: Ziggy and GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? You don't know the scriptures?

1 Kings 3:25 “Cut the baby in half! That way each of you can have part of him.”
Do you have any sincere reverence for Scripture?

Just curious what your own opinion is on it.

It's ok if you say no.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only conspiracy theory are from slithering snakes ignoring the pain and suffering of others while promoting the evil works of Satan

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture supports the flat earth in many places. And that was the POV for most going way back into ancient times.
This is not a flat earth you can fall off from, it is surrounded by the ice wall of Antarctica as a ring, not a continent.

I will never be going to the moon, or Mars, or into space to see for myself, and most likely neither will any of you. So then the round earth is a belief system taught to you throughout your life by an evil and perverse generation that also believes in global warming and many other modern myths.

Reactions: GEN2REV

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture supports the flat earth in many places. And that was the POV for most going way back into ancient times.
This is not a flat earth you can fall off from, it is surrounded by the ice wall of Antarctica as a ring, not a continent.

I will never be going to the moon, or Mars, or into space to see for myself, and most likely neither will any of you. So then the round earth is a belief system taught to you throughout your life by an evil and perverse generation that also believes in global warming and many other modern myths.
Interesting since ships in the ocean can't see far due to the curvature of the round earth. And the radar systems seem to support that idea.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting since ships in the ocean can't see far due to the curvature of the round earth. And the radar systems seem to support that idea.
THE BIBLE SUPPORTS the EARTH IS ROUND . That alone is why i believe it so .
IT is he who sits upon the CIRCLE OF the EARTH ...............................last time i checked a circle is round .

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IT is he who sits upon the CIRCLE OF the EARTH ...............................last time i checked a circle is round .
Circle as in a flat circle lying down kind of roundness.
He does not sit above the sphere of the earth.

When Christ returns it says every eye shall see him as he descends from heaven to earth. if it was a sphere, Christ would be a long time coming.

Satan also took Christ up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the earth from one vantage point, not possible on a sphere.

Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conspiracy theories deny facts, truthers do not. You can present facts to a conspiracy theorist and they explain them away, or use their fundamental distrust of the government to deny those facts.

Some people call me a conspiracy theorist for being an anti-vaxer with regard to the Covid Vaccines, but i base my decision on the facts that I have and even now many doctors are coming to the same conclusions.

How are flat earthers conspiracy theorists? Because they deny facts instead of embrace them. The illegality of their position is just that. They are not searching for truth instead seeking to corrupt Christianity into an uneducated world view.... they are shilling Christianity. Just as a matter of fact regarding Flat earth, its roots are in Jesuit teachings as a means of corrupting Protestantism (Fundamentalism in particular which is sola scriptura in its foundation). This is what I discovered a while back while debating a flat earther. They use this base understanding to interpret scripture to make it say the earth is flat (I.E. four Pillars holding up the earth) Instead of seeing that the Bible used analogies to explain deep scientific truths which with the increase in scientific knowledge can prove true. For examples those four pillars are the four forces that hold all matter together, rightly understood, and when God says he will shake them he is referring to the destabilization of those four forces (Gravitational force, electromagnetic force, strong force and weak force) The whole earth "stands" on these forces, and without them we would not exist. Flat earthers cannot even see this as what scripture refers to so they stand on their literal understanding of this which is a conspiracy.

Another example of this is when the psalmist says we were "Knit in the womb". This is an analogy that only can be fully appreciated with the discovery of DNA and the process of genetics showing this "Knitting" process. It does not mean we were literally knit together.

Agreed...
Conspiracy Theories....Conspiracy theorists.....conspiracies.... They are not all the same.
Belief....Truth....Fact
Definition of conspiracy....
Secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
What is a difference between a group that keeps their plans to themselves and a secret plan.
Politicians have a tendency to keep there plans "secret"
Demonrats have no concern about the law or the Constitution.
So lawfulness is not a concern and harmfulness is a matter of perspective.

The reality of the political arena is that, according to the definition, conspiracy is the normal process of politics. If not, the republicans and democrats could go through the files of each other's headquarters.... Secret plans. Conspiracies of any consequence involve large groups or the government.

Of course some people are interested in what is going on, and try to speculate on what is going on.....that would be a conspiracy theory....conspiracy being the norm and the theory is the speculation. But this is the speculation of an individual.

Considering what is going on, I cannot condemn or criticize those that are worried about what is going around or get caught up with the conspiracies theories that are out there. LOL Trump foretold a lot of what is going on now, is he a prophet? NO. Just common sense and insight into the process.

And that is the key to weighing the stories of conspiracies. For example; The BLM riots...taking cities hostage, raping, killing, burning, looting and no reaction to stop them and no prosecutions, is it wrong to ask why not? Cancel culture...destruction and or defacing of national monuments, and no prosecutions, is it wrong to ask why not? Voter fraud...covering up the windows, interfering with monitors, not allowing law enforcement to be present, video tapes showing people running ballots from containers after the monitors had left and dozens of witnesses with affidavits testifying....but no prosecutions, is it wrong to ask why not? The campaign against law enforcement...defunding the police....is it a surprise that those that are behind this, are the ones that have little respect for the law or the Constitution. The vaccines, oh boy! The vaccines saved the day! There has been a lot of pandemics and plagues through history, even before medicines and vaccines, they always work themselves out. There is no such thing as a perpetual pandemic. There are countries that did not vaccinate and they did well with the Covid pandemic, some of them are third world countries. So there is questions as to what was actually going on. Common sense applies, so is there any wonder why people are questioning as to what is actually going on.

Conspiracy theorists are a different breed.....I find them entertaining. Kind of like ghost stories around a campfire. But conspiracy theorists have an interest in promulgating conspiracy stories, and or feeding off them. A lot of these guys, if you actually meet them are wackos!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A circle is round! But it is not necessarily a globe. People of that time period did think the world was a circle, but a flat circle. Why did people think that the Bible indicated that the world was flat...and did not move
....fixed on a foundation....set on pillars....and everything revolved around the earth? I can show you why....

It wasn’t just the Jews and Christians; it was a common belief of the time period.

1st Chronicles 16:30
Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved….. The Earth does not rotate or move…..everything…sun, moon, and stars, orbits the earth.

Psalm 104:5
He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

1st Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. “For the foundations of the earth are the LORD’s; on them he has set the world.

Daniel 4:11
‘The tree grew large and became strong And its height reached to the sky, And it was visible to the end of the whole earth.

Isaiah 11:12
He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth….

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree…..The earth has corners,

Job 28:24
For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.

Job 37:3
He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth……..the earth has ends…

Jeremiah 51:16
When he utters his voice there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses.

2nd Peter 3:5
For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God,

John 17:24
Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

Proverbs 30:4
Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name? Surely you know!

Psalm 19:4-6
Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

Psalm 67:7
God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!

Psalm 98:3
He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

Jeremiah 16:19
O Lord, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth and say: “Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, worthless things in which there is no profit.

1st Samuel 2:10
The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; against them he will thunder in heaven. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth; he will give strength to his king and exalt the power of his anointed.”

Psalm 19:4
Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,

[The ends of the world…..the ends of the earth….the four corners!! This was a big concern with sailors….that they would fall off the end of the world.]

Genesis 7:11
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened……windows in the filament.

Genesis 7:2
The fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,

Isaiah 24:18
He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit, and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.

Proverbs 8:27
I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,

Proverbs 8:29
And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in the midst of heaven and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.

Psalms 75:3
When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars.……the earth set on pillars.

Job 9:6
Who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble;

Ecclesiastes 1:5
The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises……there is a place where the sun rises.

Habukkuk 3:11
The sun and moon stood still in their place at the light of your arrows as they sped, at the flash of your glittering spear.

Joshua 10:12-13
At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in the midst of heaven and did not hurry to set for about a whole day……
It would be that the earth stopped rotating not the sun and moon stopping.

There were in fact many things we learned after the close of the biblical era.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the flood came upon the earth (the dry lands), the foundations of the DEEP are also mentioned.
The earth rose above the great DEEP at the creation and the dry land appeared.

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

The great deep preexisted at the beginning of the creation of the earth, all you can say is the great deep was made by God sometime before the creation of the earth (which is the flat earth of dry land that rose out of the great deep, or another view, the deep receded and the dry land appeared. The same creation of earth Peter writes about, and I prefer what Peter says about the creation of the earth (dry land out of the great deep) than some earthly minded scientist says, and consider myself in very good company and standing doing so.
When the flood came it says this, it was not just the rain that caused earth to flood.

Genesis 6:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

So the GREAT DEEP had a lot to do with the earth flooding. I tend to think of this as the earth as a floating vessel which then sinks in a flood.
2 Peter 3:5-7 New King James Version
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At the appointed time of the end of the flooding, the fountains of the deep were stopped. Just think of the great deep as water under the earth and it was flooding the land coming up from below or the land sinking into the great deep. We had water coming at the earth from below and above.
Genesis 8:2
The fountains of the deep and the windows of heaven were also stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The deep was of course understood to be all of the water surrounding the dry land, and it ran very deep, and was great and large and surrounded all land, all of the earth. The earth versus the deep was and are separate concepts in scripture. The DEEP was also greater than the sea, the sea being a subset of the DEEP waters.
Nehemiah 9:11
And You divided the sea before them, So that they went through the midst of the sea on the dry land; And their persecutors You threw into the deep, As a stone into the mighty waters.

Job 28:14 The deep says, ‘It is not in me’; And the sea says, ‘It is not with me.’
Job 38:30 The waters harden like stone, And the surface of the deep is frozen.
Job 41:31 He makes the deep boil like a pot; He makes the sea like a pot of ointment.
Job 41:32 He leaves a shining wake behind him; One would think the deep had white hair.

Psalm 33:7 He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deep in storehouses.
Psalm 36:6 Your righteousness is like the great mountains; Your judgments are a great deep; O Lord, You preserve man and beast.

Psalm 69:2 I sink in deep mire, Where there is no standing; I have come into deep waters, Where the floods overflow me.
Psalm 69:14 Deliver me out of the mire, And let me not sink; Let me be delivered from those who hate me, And out of the deep waters.
Psalm 69:15 Let not the floodwater overflow me, Nor let the deep swallow me up; And let not the pit shut its mouth on me.

Psalm 104:6 You covered it (earth) with the deep as with a garment; The waters stood above the mountains.

Psalm 107:24 They see the works of the Lord, And His wonders in the deep.
Psalm 135:6 Whatever the Lord pleases He does, In heaven and in earth, In the seas and in all deep places.
Psalm 140:10 Let burning coals fall upon them; Let them be cast into the fire, Into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No also it is interesting about the circle, as here we get more detail of the creation of the dry land

The EARTH, GOD assigned it a place on the FACE of the DEEP, on the face of the waters where the Spirit of God hovered when He created the earth. So the earth is like placed over and on the surface of the DEEP, and the DEEP surrounds the earth as in the form of a circle on the face of the deep.
We would think of the DEEP as the OCEAN, but scripturally the DEEP is the ocean we think of and also beyond the ocean is also the deep. The earth being like a single spot sitting on the DEEP which extends God only knows how far in all directions, in a flat plane, away from the the single solitary spot called earth.

27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

Face, means surface means flat
Circle encompasses the earth beyond which we can not go.
That circle God drew as a line around a single place, and that is the extent of our ability to move about. We cannot leave the circle of the earth, even though we must believe that it exists as scripture says it does. God formed the earth to be inhabited, not the deep to be inhabited, this is our earth where we live.

Proverbs 8, what was before the great DEEP

22“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.
23 I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

28 When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29 When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is out of control.

I know many people who have been hurt by these toxic needles including my dad who has brain hemmoraging now...
That is not a conspiracy theory

I'm in my 2nd year away from home and family, living out of a van cos of the states discrimination against us.
That is not a conspiracy theory.

I'm sick of people labelling my life a conspiracy theory and I will call them out as Satan's minions

Status
Not open for further replies.