People that fall for conspiracy theories are often the less educated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have conducted studies that show that people who fall for conspiracy theories often have less education. And I think that is what I am seeing. The lack of ability to consider the vast concepts that leads to true fact finding and the actual truth regarding issues.

Further more the organizations that push these conspiracy theories prey on these less educated to make money off of them. It's perhaps a business model.

"One of the main differences between conspiracy believers and nonbelievers that’s cropped up in multiple studies is that nonbelievers tend to be more highly educated. For a new study in Applied Cognitive Psychology, Jan-Willem Van Prooijen at VU Amsterdam has conducted two large surveys to try to dig into just what it is about being more educated that seems to inoculate against belief in conspiracy." Why more highly educated people are less into conspiracy theories

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might be true.
I'm a conspiracy theorist and I have a 6th grade education.
But I have a different outlook on it.
People that haven't been brainwashed in higher education have a tendency to think for themselves.
They are able to be more critical thinking not having to tow the line of the so-called educated.
We're not concerned about being "graded" or "acceptable thinking" according to our peers.
We're not afraid to tread where higher education says you must not go.

Conspiracy Theory is a fabricated terminology made up by the CIA to keep people from looking into the true conspiracies.
Everything is debunked, until it's not.

Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's another side to being less educated/having less college than others. It can sometimes also mean you're less indoctrinated with the ideologies of other men.
Yes that's true. I find that in my physics studies. Often science can have false theories. But they are theories and everyone educated knows this. But they consider them the best current explanation so they stay with these false theories. Until someone comes up with a better explanation. Which requires education.

The way I see it the un-educated serve a purpose in this world, but it's not in leadership or science. It's in farming, delivery, etc. How would you like a doctor providing medical advice, medication and procedures to you that has only a high school education?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, without being told what is correct by others, a man thinks more for himself and can push back with his mind under bullying.

As for conspiracy theories, they come about because of lies. When a man can see he's being lied to but can't put it all together (because things are being hidden) he can sometimes take his perfectly valid mistrust and get some things wrong. But he didn't get the lying part wrong.

Reactions: GEN2REV

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might be true.
I'm a conspiracy theorist and I have a 6th grade education.
But I have a different outlook on it.
People that haven't been brainwashed in higher education have a tendency to think for themselves.
They are able to be more critical thinking not having to tow the line of the so-called educated.
We're not concerned about being "graded" or "acceptable thinking" according to our peers.
We're not afraid to tread where higher education says you must not go.

Conspiracy Theory is a fabricated terminology made up by the CIA to keep people from looking into the true conspiracies.
Everything is debunked, until it's not.

Hugs
The only brain washer in this country is the media. Which is connected with the entire population at this point. I don't think the educated are responsible for that problem. News is usually terrible at reporting the truth. And experts know that. They often report based on eye witness accounts which leads to false information.

TV, movies, news, twitter, Facebook all serve as misinformation sources. And the educated know this and don't always fall for the misinformation I think.

I think with critical race theory and LGBTQ push in schools, evolution and other psuedo science theories, education has recieved a bad rap. There are those in the educated circle that push false theories. Critical race theory is false from what I've heard. LGBTQ is false biology theory. Evolution and carbon dating that cannot be proven without billions of years. These are all false theories. Check out the documentary I found on dinosaurs and evolution:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that's true. I find that in my physics studies. Often science can have false theories. But they are theories and everyone educated knows this. But they consider them the best current explanation so they stay with these false theories. Until someone comes up with a better explanation. Which requires education.

The way I see it the un-educated serve a purpose in this world, but it's not in leadership or science. It's in farming, delivery, etc. How would you like a doctor providing medical advice, medication and procedures to you that has only a high school education?

There are plenty of doctors who haven't bought the whole covid Vax narrative. They're just as educated as the doctors who have.

Reactions: marks and GEN2REV

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, without being told what is correct by others, a man thinks more for himself and can push back with his mind under bullying.

As for conspiracy theories, they come about because of lies. When a man can see he's being lied to but can't put it all together (because things are being hidden) he can sometimes take his perfectly valid mistrust and get some things wrong. But he didn't get the lying part wrong.
Most conspiracy theories are only partial truth. And that is not valid then. And the fact that people that follow conspiracy theories have only arrived at a partial truth is not encouraging. Had they found the entire truth it might be.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are plenty of doctors who haven't bought the whole covid Vax narrative. They're just as educated as the doctors who have.
My mother was a nurse and didn't believe in the vaccine either as MRNA vaccines were not acceptable before the pandemic. But I don't want to steer this thread into another vaccine thread.

What I think leads to conspiracy theories is a lack of "total" education on a subject. As conspiracy theories are often partial truths and lack the full truth.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only brain washer in this country is the media. A]

This statement needs some more thought. A lot more. All of the media have that higher education. They have college degrees.

I have a good deal of higher education and I absolutely was pushed to accept the current ideologies of the day. I was able to push back with my mind and do my own thinking, but some just swallow it all. It's laziness of mind that does this.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and GEN2REV

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The way I see it the un-educated serve a purpose in this world, but it's not in leadership
Unless you are a fisherman, or tax collector, or tent maker...

KJV 1 Corinthians 1:20-29
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

As in earlier ages, the special truths for this time are found, not with the ecclesiastical authorities, but with men and women who are not too learned or too wise to believe the word of God.

KJV Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Where does critical biblical studies come from... The universities.
What's is the central hub of atheist evolution theory... They universities.
Where is the hotbed of woke politics and liberal vice and rebellion... The universities.

It's harder and harder to actually find a conspiracy theorist these days. They've all been proved correct and the theories have become front page news.
Within Christendom the biggest theory of course over there last 160 years or so was an impending global government. More recently, like 40 odd years ago, Christians street calling it "the new world order". They were laughed to scorn, and mocked, even by fellow Christians.mmmmm.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only brain washer in this country is the media. Which is connected with the entire population at this point. I don't think the educated are responsible for that problem. News is usually terrible at reporting the truth. And experts know that. They often report based on eye witness accounts which leads to false information.

TV, movies, news, twitter, Facebook all serve as misinformation sources. And the educated know this and don't always fall for the misinformation I think.

I think with critical race theory and LGBTQ push in schools, evolution and other psuedo science theories, education has recieved a bad rap. There are those in the educated circle that push false theories. Critical race theory is false from what I've heard. LGBTQ is false biology theory. Evolution and carbon dating that cannot be proven without billions of years. These are all false theories. Check out the documentary I found on dinosaurs and evolution:

"The only brain washer in this country is the media."

"I don't think the educated are responsible for that problem."

"There are those in the educated circle that push false theories."

A conspiracy is when two or more people conspire to do something.
A theory is a belief or suspicion.

A Conspiracy Theory is a suspicioin or belief that 2 or more people are conspiring to do something.
A theory is not a fact until evidence proves it's no longer a theory.

The Government is the pusher of conspiracy theories which in turn feed the media which feeds the people.
The Government is always conspiring by it's very nature, there is always more than one planning or schemeing.
It's when the government gets caught conspiring for nefarious reasons, that when people begin to reveal the evidence and the facts, that in order to cover their azzes, they feed conspiracy theories to the press, making fact finders look like tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you are a fisherman, or tax collector, or tent maker...

KJV 1 Corinthians 1:20-29
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

As in earlier ages, the special truths for this time are found, not with the ecclesiastical authorities, but with men and women who are not too learned or too wise to believe the word of God.

KJV Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Where does critical biblical studies come from... The universities.
What's is the central hub of atheist evolution theory... They universities.
Where is the hotbed of woke politics and liberal vice and rebellion... The universities.

It's harder and harder to actually find a conspiracy theorist these days. They've all been proved correct and the theories have become front page news.
Within Christendom the biggest theory of course over there last 160 years or so was an impending global government. More recently, like 40 odd years ago, Christians street calling it "the new world order". They were laughed to scorn, and mocked, even by fellow Christians.mmmmm.
Yes that is correct with God's leaders. And rightfully so. God educates his leaders himself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an interesting video on the effects of conspiracy theories on the population. In Europe 5G towers were set ablaze because people thought they were spreading COVID-19 based off a conspiracy theory, there is more in the video. I'm watching it now:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have conducted studies that show that people who fall for conspiracy theories often have less education. And I think that is what I am seeing. The lack of ability to consider the vast concepts that leads to true fact finding and the actual truth regarding issues.

Further more the organizations that push these conspiracy theories prey on these less educated to make money off of them. It's perhaps a business model.

"One of the main differences between conspiracy believers and nonbelievers that’s cropped up in multiple studies is that nonbelievers tend to be more highly educated. For a new study in Applied Cognitive Psychology, Jan-Willem Van Prooijen at VU Amsterdam has conducted two large surveys to try to dig into just what it is about being more educated that seems to inoculate against belief in conspiracy." Why more highly educated people are less into conspiracy theories
I can't know about your intelligence level, nor your education, but this statement is literally one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen on the Forums.

There have been countless highly educated, and highly intelligent, people who have been whistleblowers and also those who made observations, and predictions of corruption, etc. throughout the world for possibly centuries, if not longer.

Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, David P. Weber, Chelsea Manning, Robert McCarthy, Adam Resnick ... the list literally goes on and on. This doesn't even cover the tip of the iceberg.

If you believe that the majority of the public at large have the most accurate information about all things going on in the world, you are woefully inept.

I'm sorry that there are folks out there who actually buy into THIS level of nonsense. I propose to you that THEY are the least educated (with a real education of Truth) and they certainly are the least intelligent by a considerable margin.

People who can't think for themselves, outside of the mainstream propaganda, have no ability to see Truth whatsoever.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most conspiracy theories are only partial truth. And that is not valid then. And the fact that people that follow conspiracy theories have only arrived at a partial truth is not encouraging. Had they found the entire truth it might be.

It's what happens when you lie to people. Since you are hiding things, they try to figure out what you are lying about and hiding.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The only brain washer in this country is the media."

"I don't think the educated are responsible for that problem."

"There are those in the educated circle that push false theories."

A conspiracy is when two or more people conspire to do something.
A theory is a belief or suspicion.

A Conspiracy Theory is a suspicioin or belief that 2 or more people are conspiring to do something.
A theory is not a fact until evidence proves it's no longer a theory.

The Government is the pusher of conspiracy theories which in turn feed the media which feeds the people.
The Government is always conspiring by it's very nature, there is always more than one planning or schemeing.
It's when the government gets caught conspiring for nefarious reasons, that when people begin to reveal the evidence and the facts, that in order to cover their azzes, they feed conspiracy theories to the press, making fact finders look like tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

Hugs
Yes I left out the elite and rich, the governments. Which have been involved in true conspiracies. Thanks for pointing that out. The past CIA conspiracies and Military against the population has real consequences and probably caused a dramatic increase in the belief of new conspiracy theories.

MKUltra - Wikipedia

Human radiation experiments - Wikipedia

Reactions: marks and Ziggy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The powers of financial capitalism had a far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences.

The highly uneducated Carroll Quigley.

Reactions: GEN2REV
Status
Not open for further replies.