Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed the passage from scripture that Mary had "many other children with joseph." Can you share that passage?
Well yes . Jesus had quite a few brothers and sisters . AND we know she was a virgin with Christ .
We also know that it clearly says , And joseph knew her not UNTIL AFTER the child was born .
HAD he never known her , it would have said . And he did not ever know her .
Its catholic tradition to claim that a married wife never had relations with her husband .
I mean , even paul said , not to seperate for too long . Its not evil to lie with your own husband .
NOR does it make mary any less blessed cause she did her duties faithfully .
I know , i will wait while you gather your greek , and your books and the info they fed you , and you can come and try
to help me to understand my lack of understanding . But i know what that means . IT says it in the kings english.
HE DID not KNOW HER , TILL AFTER , TILL AFTER that baby was born . Means What it says . HE never slept with mary
before or during that pregnancy . BUT after the child was born HE Did . AND JESUS had , according to the flesh , brothers and sisters .
Course we know the pregnancy itself , was IMMACULATE . AKA man did not DO THAT . That was simply the work of the SPIRIT .
But i know , catholic tradition says , JOSEPH had other sons and daughters from another woman . BIBLE DONT SAY THAT .
BUT the bible does say , HE KNEW HER NOT TILL AFTER she gave birth . I just want us to see things a bit clearer .
SO be encouraged now . But please dont bother with the greek and other traditions , i have heard them all my friend .
And i dont want you to waste your time typing it out .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the praise of the LORD be continaully upon our lips . SING to the glorious KING my peoples .
Feast upon the holy words of that bible and learn and grow in the true grace of GOD .
Its time for an all out praise fest to the glorious LORD . SO hands up and let the LORD be praised .
I have all reason to rejoice in the LORD . The worst of many was given grace and led to Christ , forgiven of a moutain of sin . ME my friends .
SO , i say its time for a praise fest . Lift those hands up and rejoice in the GLORIOUS LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer warrior , eternally greatful and all who love the LORD in SPIRIT and in TRUTH . ITS TIME TO REJOICE IN THE LORD .
So lets not wait a second longer . COME ON DOWN , ITS PRAISE TIME in this place . SOUND those praises out unto
the GLORIOUS LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

God’s holiness demands Her immaculate purity, read exodus and find anything connected to or consecrated to God that was not holy, and pure?

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow)

She knows Joseph and is betrothed to Hum but does not know a man
( have sex )
A virgin is HOLY in body . And she was a virgin .
She had never known a man . Even elizabeth and zachriah were called righteous according to the law . it never meant they had never sinned though . in the law it was written what to do if one sins . blood offerings , etc .
The beauty of it , sorry this is off the subject but i just remembered it . The beauty of it is , even the law showed us
that there could be no remission of sins without blood . OH , BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS does what the blood of bulls and goats cannot do .
IT cleanses even the very conscious . OH YES . Now let the LORD be praised .

Reactions: 4HizGlory37

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When God Holy Spirit inspired Paul to write down 1Corinthians 4:6t to “not go beyond the things that are written.” When asking for advice, we never want to promote our own opinions or simply say the first thing that comes to our mind. Rather, we should direct attention to the counsel found in the Bible. In this way, we acknowledge our limitations. With modesty, we give credit to the “righteous decrees” of the Almighty.—Rev. 15:3, 4. The righteous decrees of the Almighty, those writings that the Almighty God Holy Spirit inspired men to write down is what we should humbly agree is the truth and when someone goes by his/her opinion how a scripture is interpreted and they are saying something completely opposite of what God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down we should always agree with what God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down not man's opinions his/her interpretations.

Thank you for ignoring my question and then giving your opinions on other matters.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Took God 300 years to put it all together
You need to read things you post and see what it really sounds like
Hmmmm......I never said it took God 300 years to put it all together. It took man that long.....but God always knew.

So it appears you have no historical evidence to prove that Christians considered ONLY the current 27 books of the NT as Scripture from the beginning?????

Thank you for your time

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what Gods Holy Spirit inspired men to write down. Interpretation belongs to God.
Hmmmmm......I wonder if I go back and look at your 1,500 posts since you have been on this forum if you ever interpreted scripture.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yes . Jesus had quite a few brothers and sisters . AND we know she was a virgin with Christ .
We also know that it clearly says , And joseph knew her not UNTIL AFTER the child was born .
HAD he never known her , it would have said . And he did not ever know her .
Its catholic tradition to claim that a married wife never had relations with her husband .
I mean , even paul said , not to seperate for too long . Its not evil to lie with your own husband .
NOR does it make mary any less blessed cause she did her duties faithfully .
I know , i will wait while you gather your greek , and your books and the info they fed you , and you can come and try
to help me to understand my lack of understanding . But i know what that means . IT says it in the kings english.
HE DID not KNOW HER , TILL AFTER , TILL AFTER that baby was born . Means What it says . HE never slept with mary
before or during that pregnancy . BUT after the child was born HE Did . AND JESUS had , according to the flesh , brothers and sisters .
Course we know the pregnancy itself , was IMMACULATE . AKA man did not DO THAT . That was simply the work of the SPIRIT .
But i know , catholic tradition says , JOSEPH had other sons and daughters from another woman . BIBLE DONT SAY THAT .
BUT the bible does say , HE KNEW HER NOT TILL AFTER she gave birth . I just want us to see things a bit clearer .
SO be encouraged now . But please dont bother with the greek and other traditions , i have heard them all my friend .
And i dont want you to waste your time typing it out .
Thank you.

I see you are unable to provide a passage from Scripture that says that Mary had many other children. The reason you were unable to provide it is because it isn’t there.

Matthew 1:25 is used by some Protestants (not all Protestants support your interpretation) to support the theory that Joseph had sexual relations with Mary after she gave birth to Gods son. Let’s pretend that your interpretation of that passage is true. It still doesn’t say she had other children.

I understand that you don’t want to bother with the Greek, Jewish tradition, Christian history and other passages from Scripture that destroy your interpretation. After all, we wouldn’t want to use A scholarly investigation to learn the truth now would we? Not using those techniques that Scholars use makes you right and me wrong soooooo you are always right.

Thank you for your time....Mary

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I see you are unable to provide a passage from Scripture that says that Mary had many other children. The reason you were unable to provide it is because it isn’t there.

Matthew 1:25 is used by some Protestants (not all Protestants support your interpretation) to support the theory that Joseph had sexual relations with Mary after she gave birth to Gods son. Let’s pretend that your interpretation of that passage is true. It still doesn’t say she had other children.

I understand that you don’t want to bother with the Greek, Jewish tradition, Christian history and other passages from Scripture that destroy your interpretation. After all, we wouldn’t want to use A scholarly investigation to learn the truth now would we? Not using those techniques that Scholars use makes you right and me wrong soooooo you are always right.

Thank you for your time....Mary
And no scripture can confirm joseph ever had another wife or children with that wife .
By plain scripture the catholic church can prove none of what it claims about mary always remaining a virgin and having no other children .
However by simple scripture it does say , He knew her Not until AFTER the child was born .
And we see by scripture Jesus had brothers and sisters . It says so .
So by scripture we know the catholic tradition cannot be proven . And yet by scripture , while its never made crystal clear
about mary having other children , it does say Jesus had brothers and sisters .
Someone had them . And its a pretty safe conclusion to say mary did and with joseph .
Did you know that just about every denomination has their own greek version of a word .
And yet as with adventists to jehovas , to catholics , to the false prosperity gosple men , to baptists
to mormons to even secular men . Every one has their own greek version of what a word means .
Yet they often contradict each other . Everyones greek cannot be right .
I have noticed , for example when the jehovas rewrote their bible , they did so under the claim
from a man who knew greek and thus He reworded some stuff .
have you ever noticed that each group , their greek version of a word , ALWAYS seems to agree with a tradtion or teaching
they are trying to bring . Exactly . Me , i stick to just reading it in the kings english .
I mean those men who risked their own lives to get us the word in english ,
How come todays versions of greek are so suddenly supperior . have you ever wondered that one .
I mean i see men hollering about money money , and using their greek version to to justify what something means
and yet that something points to and agrees to HOW they intepret the scripture .
Exactly . And always these ever so wise in their own eyes men , seem to say , HEY
you all need to know our greek of our great scholary leaders to be able to grasp the bible .
NO . Just need the HOLY SPIRIT and patience and it comes together in time .
Most people have no idea they follow men and their precepts .
The biggest deceptoin is watching one group go after the other group
and claiming one is a cult and heeds men . I have watched both jehovas and catholics
war and claim each one is holding to man . THEY both right on that one . The jehovas cling to a watch tower
and catholics cling to a pope . Mormons to jospeh smith , adventists to ellen white
and the list goes on and on . ME , i cling to JESUS and the BIBLE . And since i speak english i read the kjv english .
If we would just learn the gosples well , the letters from the apostels well , read revelation too
and all bibilcal doctrine . Well , we in a good safe place if we do that . But beware , many follow the traditions
and teachings of men that have long ago went array in places . This is why i really do pray folks would return to bibles
and just embrace and love and really learn the new testament well .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm......I never said it took God 300 years to put it all together. It took man that long.....but God always knew.

lol man knew to inspire if what you think. There was false theologies already
Creeping in. But god kept his true church it never faded
So it appears you have no historical evidence to prove that Christians considered ONLY the current 27 books of the NT as Scripture from the beginning?????

Thank you for your time

Yawn

your reason is faulty. I guess the jews could not have kept the OT pure either

but hey you want to be a follower of men that’s your prerogative

and do not say you do not follow
Men. Your whole argument is based on men

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol man knew to inspire if what you think. There was false theologies already
Creeping in. But god kept his true church it never faded

Yawn

your reason is faulty. I guess the jews could not have kept the OT pure either

but hey you want to be a follower of men that’s your prerogative

and do not say you do not follow
Men. Your whole argument is based on men
The Church agrees with you that there were false theologies already creeping in. That is what the letters in the NT are fighting against; false theology.

Soooo you, a man (human), have decided what is a false theology. But according to your theory, theology (interpretation of Scripture) not supposed to be "based on men"?

Oh the conundrum you are in!!!

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the problem

the jews who were given gods word screwed it up and just a few centuries later even though God gave them prophets and everything totally perverted the word of god

your basing your theology on the fact your so called church did not make the same mistake

we see Christ and the apostles used the word against the Jews and they. Like you you history and tradition
And you want me to act like the Jew and not like the disciples and Jesus himself

if I get it wrong I have no one to blame but Myself
If your church got it wrong then many people will fall with them

fogive me Gid showed what happens when you follow man

you feel free being a man follower

I will follow god. And use his inspired word as My guide

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the problem

the jews who were given gods word screwed it up and just a few centuries later even though God gave them prophets and everything totally perverted the word of god

your basing your theology on the fact your so called church did not make the same mistake

we see Christ and the apostles used the word against the Jews and they. Like you you history and tradition
And you want me to act like the Jew and not like the disciples and Jesus himself

I don't understand your theory that you are not "being a man follower" when you create your own theology? Can you explain that to me?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand your theory that you are not "being a man follower" when you create your own theology? Can you explain that to me?
You listen to men

I use the word as god commanded and let god speak to me

why you can not see it is beyond me. You base your whole eternity on the fact men got it right you will not even test what they say as god commanded you blindly follow them

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the problem

Thats been my point as well . The jews , just like Rome , held onto scriptures .
GOD kept that . But neither one followed them . THEY both had them , But neither followed .
And they want us to thank rome for the scriptures . NOPE . rome twisted them , and used its power to manipulate the masses .
JUST like the jews did . ONLY worse . cause the jews never pretended to follow JESUS and the new convenant .
But Rome does . IF one , according to the law could die under two or three witnesses
OH how much sorer a punishemnt for those who claim the new one , and yet TROD JESUS under foot and DO IT , IS HIS NAME .
Hebrews says it right . back in the days of the jews under the letter of the law , with two or more witnesses one could be put to death .
OF HOW much sorer a punishment for those who actually TROD JESUS under foot .
Any guesses on what is worse than death . TRY the second death . We in the last days .
let folks mock me for saying we are . But we are . And far too many decievers have abounded , who twist the word of GOD .
WE must CLING to JESUS , to our bibles and look out for the lambs .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You listen to men

I use the word as god commanded and let god speak to me

why you can not see it is beyond me. You base your whole eternity on the fact men got it right you will not even test what they say as god commanded you blindly follow them
Thanks EG,

Oh....I understand where your confusion is coming in. You assumed that I don’t test what those men say to see if they “got it right”? You assumed that I “blindly follow them” and that God commanded me to follow them? Well, you can rest assured, I don’t! I am like a Berean, I test what they say and I, just like you, have free will. So God did not ‘command me to follow them’!

You believe you got it right. How do you test yourself to know if you “got it right”?

You don’t believe the men I listen to “use the word as God commanded” and that God did not speak to them. How do you KNOW that? Because they teach opposite of YOU they must be wrong?

You have confidence in you and submit to your authority because you keep watch over you which makes you always right. However I have confidence in my leaders and I submit to their authority because they keep watch over me (Hebrews 13:17) which makes me always wrong?

Curious Mary

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks EG,

Oh....I understand where your confusion is coming in. You assumed that I don’t test what those men say to see if they “got it right”? You assumed that I “blindly follow them” and that God commanded me to follow them? Well, you can rest assured, I don’t! I am like a Berean, I test what they say and I, just like you, have free will. So God did not ‘command me to follow them’!

You believe you got it right. How do you test yourself to know if you “got it right”?
It’s actually quite simple, God did not leave us alone or with no means, he would not tell us to test, if we were unable

if my belief causes the word to contradict. My belief is in error.
That’s one of the largest reasons I can not see it your way, your way has the word contradict itself in so many areas, or it is something that can not really be proven with scripture (in which case I must discard it, because god would not do this]
You don’t believe the men I listen to “use the word as God commanded” and that God did not speak to them. How do you KNOW that? Because they teach opposite of YOU they must be wrong?

Curious Mary
because what they say and the words I read in scripture contradict. Or is not proven

take this case.

they claim Mary died a virgin,

the scripture does not say this

Yet scripture does say Joseph knew his wife after Jesus was born

they claim Jesus had no brothers

yet scripture says otherwise, (they try to twist it to say they were cousins or something, which scripture does not say

they claim Mary had to stay a virgins or Jesus deity would be affected (I just heard this for the first time in here)

yet no one can tell me how Mary and Joseph performing their marriage vows and become ine one as god commanded would affect Jesus deity or his offer of salvation

they call her the mother of God, yet scripture says god has no mother (god is eternal he was not created) and we also have every pagan belief system known to man, who has a “mother of God” theology.

It has nothing to do with my belief or not wanting to believe them. They have many beliefs I agree with, I have many catholic friends, and we can talk the Bible and have fellowship

it’s these teaching which have no basis scripturally, and have no sound backing

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if my belief causes the word to contradict. My belief is in error.
Sooooo you admit you are fallible but then go on to tell me why everything I believe is wrong.

Why should I listen to a person who admits they are fallible? Confusing....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo you admit you are fallible but then go on to tell me why everything I believe is wrong.

Typical false line of reasoning

you think because the men you fallow tell you they are infallible they are?

if they were their doctrines would not be so easily destroyed by scripture

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When are you or anyone ever going to tell why Jesus would have been effected if Mary had normal sexual relations with her husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.