Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical false line of reasoning

you think because the men you fallow tell you they are infallible they are?

if they were their doctrines would not be so easily destroyed by scripture
Lol....False line of reasoning???? You admit you are fallible but you think I should listen to you? How in the world is that a false line of reasoning???

No, I do not think the individual men of The Church I follow are infallible. I believe The Church, which was started by Christ himself, is infallible because The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth; not individual men.

Some Protestant churches, home based churches, bible believing churches, individual Christians who sit at home on Sunday and read their bible all alone etc. etc. agree with and actively practice some Catholic doctrine. Who decides what doctrines Of The Church are “easily destroyed by scripture”?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When are you or anyone ever going to tell why Jesus would have been effected if Mary had normal sexual relations with her husband?
Where does The Church teach that Jesus would have been effected if Mary had normal sexual relations with her husband?

Curious Mary

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does The Church teach that Jesus would have been effected if Mary had normal sexual relations with her husband?

Curious Mary
You have not followed this thread very well have you? If the church did not hold that why did not one catholic correct the person who claimed it did?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....False line of reasoning???? You admit you are fallible but you think I should listen to you? How in the world is that a false line of reasoning???

No, I do not think the individual men of The Church I follow are infallible. I believe The Church, which was started by Christ himself, is infallible because The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth; not individual men.

Some Protestant churches, home based churches, bible believing churches, individual Christians who sit at home on Sunday and read their bible all alone etc. etc. agree with and actively practice some Catholic doctrine. Who decides what doctrines Of The Church are “easily destroyed by scripture”?

Curious Mary
Yet you can not show me where I am wrong about the doctrines

you want to keep focus on me vs them.

it’s not a me vs them thing, it is a god thing,

if they are wrong, you do not get a get out of jail free card,

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

but I will have myself to blame, not the men who I blindly followed
And i will have myself to blame also.

You blindly follow yourself and see yourself as the pillar and foundation of truth. I follow The Church which Scripture says is the pillar and foundation of truth.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical false line of reasoning

you think because the men you fallow tell you they are infallible they are?

if they were their doctrines would not be so easily destroyed by scripture
Even paul said He must be tested , judged etc . ANY man can fail . BUT NOT THE WORD OF GOD .
CLING to that bible my friend . The world is gonna be the world , but the lambs gonna test every word and every teacher .

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again Mary, show me from scripture why it was so important for Jesus and Mary that she be unable to have normal sexual relations with her husband?
All we can do now is pray . Folks are gonna do as folks are gonna do , But lambs are gonna do as JESUS said to do .
Feast , ONLY MORE on those bibles everyone .

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Took God 300 years to put it all together
You need to read things you post and see what it really sounds like

mans before the printing press bibles were copied by hand and so very rare and expensive! Most people were illiterate until the 20th century!
Even now we must be taught or instructed!

We must be taught!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cause she carried and gave birth to Christ . that is the greatest blessing for any woman ever known . And she knew it too .
HER soul rejoiced . yes it did . PRAISE THE HOLY LORD one and all . SOUND those praises OUT unto the GLORIOUS KING .

the angel said she was blessed before consenting to be the mother of God or conceiving Jesus?
lk 1:28

and Lk 1:49 say He that is mighty has done great things (plural) to me
1) the immaculate conception of Mary in her mother’s womb without original sin
2) Mary conceived Jesus of the HS

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an idol and I am agreeing with you!

All our hope is in Mary!

cos Jesus is our hope and he was in Her for 9 months! And He is with Her! Lk 1:28 the Lord is with thee!

Btw: how have you been

The Bible says no such thing. Idolatry is a serious sin. I pray you will reconsider. When Mary becomes more important than Jesus Christ, that is absolute blasphemy.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honor thy father and mother!

and she is your mother!

Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17 if your a disciple of Jesus!

and in the line of king David Lk 1:32-33 the mother of the king is always queen and Jesus is king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven, see queen Esther she was a type of Mary

lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord

lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Blessed, not co-mediatrix. God has no mother. Rank idolatry. In fact I can show you how much the Catholic Church values Mary over Jesus.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the angel said she was blessed before consenting to be the mother of God or conceiving Jesus?
lk 1:28

and Lk 1:49 say He that is mighty has done great things (plural) to me
1) the immaculate conception of Mary in her mother’s womb without original sin
2) Mary conceived Jesus of the HS

Where EXACTLY does the Bible state that Mary was born without sin? Where oh where is it? You folks keep saying that, but no one has ever shown me that from the scripture. This is simply more 'made-up' doctrine without any scripture to back it up.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where EXACTLY does the Bible state that Mary was born without sin? Where oh where is it? You folks keep saying that, but no one has ever shown me that from the scripture. This is simply more 'made-up' doctrine without any scripture to back it up.

Is it possible that Mary was, per God's will, an exception? Is it possible that the Holy Spirit willed that Mary would be born perfect in order to fulfill her mission to carry Jesus into this world?

If not, do you really believe that our holy father would place our holy savior into a sinful womb? If so, why are you certain that he did?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it possible that Mary was, per God's will, an exception? Is it possible that the Holy Spirit willed that Mary would be born perfect in order to fulfill her mission to carry Jesus into this world?

If not, do you really believe that our holy father would place our holy savior into a sinful womb? If so, why are you certain that he did?
Last time I checked, a womb doesn’t run around sinning. And God ‘s glory is in no way affected by any mortal.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please point me to the verses that say Mary had sex; that she had other children.

Perhaps the Catholic Church might want to invest in the genealogy records. Lacking that, the book known as the Holy Bible says this:

Mark 6:3

3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

Matthew 13:55-56

55 Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?”

Mark 3:31-32

31 And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. 32 And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.”

Galatians 1:19

19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother.

Yep Jesus had brothers, the Bible tells me so. Once again, the entire issue of Mary's perpetual virginity proves to be more "made-up" dogma without a scintilla of scripture to support it.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anything is possible. But... since the scriptures record the truth of the siblings of Jesus, I'm going with scripture instead of speculation.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything is possible. But... since the scriptures record the truth of the siblings of Jesus, I'm going with scripture instead of speculation.

If Mark 2:22 is true, then it seems likely that Mary was born perfect and without sin in preparation for her most holy mission.

Mark 2:22, KJV: "And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles." ... For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.