Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!
Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

The blessed Mary mother of God, is a perpetual virgin to the glory of God!

Reactions: Marymog

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You put a LOT of energy and importance into a subject the Bible is mute about.
In Mary is all our hope of salvation!
Are you are Christian?

If yes, then Christ is the hope of your salvation. Not Mary. Follow the First Great Commandment and do not make Mary an idol.

Reactions: Debp

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an idol and I am agreeing with you!

All our hope is in Mary!

cos Jesus is our hope and he was in Her for 9 months! And He is with Her! Lk 1:28 the Lord is with thee!

Btw: how have you been

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an idol and I am agreeing with you!

All our hope is in Mary!

cos Jesus is our hope and he was in Her for 9 months! And He is with Her! Lk 1:28 the Lord is with thee!

Btw: how have you been
You make her into an idol.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if you worship / adore / offer sacrifice to Her, I’ve been catholic all my life I have never done so or known anyone who has, it is forbidden by the 1st commandment

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if you worship / adore / offer sacrifice to Her, I’ve been catholic all my life I have never done so or known anyone who has, it is forbidden by the 1st commandment
Constantly parading threads praising a mortal, focusing almost exclusively on that, putting almost all of your energy into that, and trying to convince others to do the same. Do you do the same for Christ Himself? No.

You personally do not venerate her (as I know many Catholics do), but flat out worship. Yes, it is a violation of the First Great Commandment.

Proper Catholicism is not the cult of Mary worship, but rather about Christ. @theefaith, re-focus back on Him.

Reactions: Debp

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honor thy father and mother!

and she is your mother!

Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17 if your a disciple of Jesus!

and in the line of king David Lk 1:32-33 the mother of the king is always queen and Jesus is king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven, see queen Esther she was a type of Mary

lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord

lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honor thy father and mother!

and she is your mother!

Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17 if your a disciple of Jesus!

and in the line of king David Lk 1:32-33 the mother of the king is always queen and Jesus is king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven, see queen Esther she was a type of Mary

lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord

lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Mary << God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary << God.

If you're saying that Mary the Mother of Jesus remained a virgin and had no other children by procreating you're wrong. Mary and her husband had sex and she became pregnant. She didn't remain a virgin all her life. No where in the scriptures is Jesus Mother said to be Queen. Going by scripture the True Church that Jesus is head of can be said to be Queen since in scripture the True Church is said to be his wife.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're saying that Mary the Mother of Jesus remained a virgin and had no other children by procreating you're wrong. Mary and her husband had sex and she became pregnant. She didn't remain a virgin all her life. No where in the scriptures is Jesus Mother said to be Queen. Going by scripture the True Church that Jesus is head of can be said to be Queen since in scripture the True Church is said to be his wife.
My point actually wasn't commenting on whether or not Mary was forever a virgin.

Rather my point was the emphasis a person places on Mary or any mortal. God Himself must always come first. He is the highest, not Mary or another other.

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point actually wasn't commenting on whether or not Mary was forever a virgin.

Rather my point was the emphasis a person places on Mary or any mortal. God Himself must always come first. He is the highest, not Mary or another other.

I believe that The True God Jehovah who is the Father and God of Jesus must always come first. The scriptures tell us to follow the example of Jesus closely and he always put the love he had for his Father and God first.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

where does the Bible say they had sex?

solomon has seven hundred wives but his mother was queen! Same a David his mother was queen, Mary is the mother of the king that makes her queen in the line of davids kingdom

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Please point me to the verses that say Mary had sex; that she had other children.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also rev 12:1 queen with a crown and John knows she was made mother of all disciples in John! Jn 19:26-27

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

solomon has seven hundred wives but his mother was queen! Same a David his mother was queen, Mary is the mother of the king that makes her queen in the line of davids kingdom
Please point me to the verses that say Mary had sex; that she had other children.
I'll come out as say this point blank:

Using Sola Scriptura, the question of "did Mary and Joseph ever eventually have sex" is not resolvable. The Bible is mute on the subject. There are lots of things that are true (or not true) that aren't listed out in the Bible.

If DESPISE the bashing people do to one another over this subject. Let's all just move on from this silly and divisive bashing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m opposed to all bashing!

everyone deserves respect and we ought to give thanks for their faith!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sent you a message saying; how have you been? But you did not respond!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh I see, so you're saying that Mary and Joseph who were husband and wife never had sex never had any other children, that Jesus was their only child, is that what you're saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.