Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person? A person is-
a human being regarded as an individual.

Human beings are Created from elements/Dust of the CREATED Earth.

Your Creator IS His own Creation...a human being of Dust?

I made the point, the Trinity is man's best effort to identify in laymen terms the fullness of God.

Pretending you can limit the Fullness of God TO laymans Terms, is a Fail.

God is Spirit, has multiple Names, Titles, is Unseen, Unheard...all powerful, Everywhere, All knowing so...Explain God to me...;)

^ you can't. And Why men do the best they can with layman terms...while Knowing the Fullness of God...is not for us To SEE...Yet.

Glory to God,
Taken

no not our bodies but or soul or person made in the image and likeness, intellect and will! God is three distinct persons in one divine nature!
The most Holy Trinity is a truth or dogma of divine revelation!

have you ever read the athanasius creed?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can and I will be happy to explain it, because. . . it comes right from the Bible. St. Augustine agreed.

Jesus did not die for all men. He died for believers and they were chosen before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:3-11English Standard Version (ESV)

Spiritual Blessings in Christ

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Let's see what John 3:16 means in the context of the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.

It's helpful to understand the Greek word for "whosoever" is 'pas'. In the context of this verse it means more than one individual. It is collective.

From BlueletterBible. G3956 - pas - Strong's Greek Lexicon (NKJV)

Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. individually
    1. each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything
  2. collectively
    1. some of all types

Jesus himself didn't say everyone had a choice to believe. He said that those who would be chosen would be drawn by God the Father.

John 6:44
English Standard Version

44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Baptism by immersion was acceptable to Jesus, it should be good enough everyone. I can't imagine why Catholics would not want to emulate the actions of Jesus Christ. I know why and I'm guessing you will take it to heart.

I'm happy to discuss this with you as long as we can do so within the rules.

God speed.

that make God an unjust God, all men are redeemed by Jesus Christ!

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ!
Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Sanctification: the life of grace, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love!
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Major covenants!

Adam:
(Marriage covenant)

Noah:
(Family covenant)

Abraham:
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic) Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

let me know when I can be baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan river???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness. Not a single scripture to support any of this. I believe I have told you that unless you have scripture to show me, I'm not interested. I don't care what every sinner has to say. I believe what the Bible says.

So, unless you want to show this for the benefit of others, don't waste your time.

Martin Luther isn't the Bible and neither is John Calvin. I don't follow what they say. I agree with some of their attestations, not all.

BTW, If you believe that you can prevail by trying to dirty up others, it's a fallacy. You stay in a church that is filthy with sexual sin so perhaps you might want to check your motives.

sorry I will be all things and stay with the Bible alone.

can you tell why you insist on the Bible alone? I mean the Bible does not support this idea that the word of God or Divine revelation is limited to the “Bible alone”

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic) Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16
Only Catholics believe that Christ founded the Catholic Church. That's a denominational-specific belief, not written in the Bible. Let's be purposeful in our beliefs, thoroughly studying, and not just believing something because a mortal told us to.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus always existed, so how can anyone literally be his mother?

there are two natures in the one person of Jesus divine and human, divine natycan have no mother but the human person does have a mother, Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no not our bodies but or soul or person made in the image and likeness, intellect and will! God is three distinct persons in one divine nature!

Not our body's ?
Adam was Created and Made in the Likeness and Image of God.

Are you unaware, the first thing God Created was Adam's BODY?
The God MADE Adams BODY Alive with a Living SOUL?
And men WHO are faithful to God and His Word, Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and the Man's Natural spirit Becomes A Born Again forever Living spiritual spirit?

Are you unaware From Adams disobedience...
Men BORN After Adam...
Are BORN in the "LIKENESS and IMAGE" of Adam...? Against God?

What do you think is the Point of ...
Death with Christ Jesus, Salvation of the soul and Born Again spirit?

It is to MAKE the man IN the Likeness and Image of God.

A Saved Soul...that no human can See.
A Born Again Spirit...that no human can See.
And Raising of Bodies (future that human men can not See.)

The most Holy Trinity is a truth or dogma of divine revelation!

Trinity is just a word...
God of His Word, His Will, His Power is 3 attributes of One God.

A Body, soul, spirit, is 3 attributes of One man.

Tri-3
Unity- of One

have you ever read the athanasius creed?

No.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are two natures in the one person of Jesus divine and human, divine natycan have no mother but the human person does have a mother, Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!
You just contradicted your self. His divine self was always in existence, so she's not God's mother.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Catholics believe that Christ founded the Catholic Church. That's a denominational-specific belief, not written in the Bible. Let's be purposeful in our beliefs, thoroughly studying, and not just believing something because a mortal told us to.

the Bible has no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible has no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
And only Catholics believe that church is the Catholic Church or that Pope Francis Peter's successor -- it is belief specific to 1 of the 10,000's of denominations. And folks from all the other denominations don't care one lick about it, nor find it supported by Matthew 16:18 or John 10:16.

You seem to be purposefully not realizing that or willing to go past super-shallow epistemology.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's being his earthly mother, but Jesus always existed as God. So she's not the mother of God, she is the earthly vessel to give birth his flesh.

that’s not what scripture says Lk 1:43
And She is the mother of Jesus and Jesus is God so she is the mother of God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just contradicted your self. His divine self was always in existence, so she's not God's mother.
Not the mother of His divine nature!
Not the mother of the Father or HS but of Jesus who is God. She is His mother, He is God she is mother of God. And since Jesus means savior and salvation she is the mother of our salvation and He is the word so she is the mother of the word, He is king so she is the mother of the king, and in the line of david Lk 1:32-33 the mother of the king is queen and Jesus is king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven!
And our spiritual mother!
John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 Our spiritual mother

Reactions: Mungo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And only Catholics believe that church is the Catholic Church or that Pope Francis Peter's successor -- it is belief specific to 1 of the 10,000's of denominations. And folks from all the other denominations don't care one lick about it, nor find it supported by Matthew 16:18 or John 10:16.

You seem to be purposefully not realizing that or willing to go past super-shallow epistemology.

Jesus founded one Church. If 10s of thousands of people split off from that Church and found a myriad denominations, that doesn't make the Church that Jesus founded not the one he founded.

There is only one true Church that Jesus founded and the Catholic Church is that Church whether you or those tens of thousands of others believe it or not.
Incidentally Catholics make up over 50% of the worlds Christians so most Christians believe that the Catholic Church is the one that Jesus founded.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority!

The angelic order!
The church order!
The family order!
The civil order!

All require obedience to hierarchical authority!

The church is not a democracy but a kingdom!

Rom 1:5 obedience to the faith all others even 10000 are outside of the covenant

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s not what scripture says Lk 1:43
And She is the mother of Jesus and Jesus is God so she is the mother of God!
Of course she was called his mother, because that's what she was in the flesh. That doesn't make her literally the mother of God. She would have to exist before God existed and create Jesus in order to be God's mother.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus founded one Church. If 10s of thousands of people split off from that Church and found a myriad denominations, that doesn't make the Church that Jesus founded not the one he founded.

There is only one true Church that Jesus founded and the Catholic Church is that Church whether you or those tens of thousands of others believe it or not.
Incidentally Catholics make up over 50% of the worlds Christians so most Christians believe that the Catholic Church is the one that Jesus founded.
And why do YOU believe of all of those factures you believe the correct one?

With all possible respect, I find the following answers to be of very poor quality:
-Appealing to popular vote.
-Appealing to political and monetary power
-"Well, my priest told me so"
-"I hadn't really thought about it".

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority!

The angelic order!
The church order!
The family order!
The civil order!

All require obedience to hierarchical authority!

The church is not a democracy but a kingdom!

Rom 1:5 obedience to the faith all others even 10000 are outside of the covenant
^This is an example of "because my priest told me so". Again, with all possible respect, I find it to be an extremely poor quality answer devoid of real faith development. it's the #1 reason I cannot accept the Catholic faith myself.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course she was called his mother, because that's what she was in the flesh. That doesn't make her literally the mother of God. She would have to exist before God existed and create Jesus in order to be God's mother.

Yes it does make her the Mother of God.

Motherhood is both an act and a relationship.

Mary became the mother of a divine person when she conceived him in her womb, carried him for 9 months, and gave birth to him. She has the relationship of a mother to a divine person and will have that relationship eternally.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 10:16 they say the believe the Bible anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.