Perseverance : of the Saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused. The outpouring at Pentecost was promised by Jesus as recorded in Johns gospel chapter 15 through 17, where Jesus promised the apostles not to worry that he was leaving, but that the Holy Spirit would bring to their rememberance all that he said and that he, the Holy Spirit, would convict the world of sin and judgment. There is no such thing as a "fulness" of the Spirit.

Now, since the Catholics made up, innovated, and fantasized about apostolic succession, they apparently invented the succession of the Spirit. But it's not Biblical, and it was designed to maintain power.

Just as I said, now your apology has turned to apostolic succession, removing all doubt that you are a Catholic apologist. Ephesians 4:3 is not talking about succession. Paul is talking about the building up of the body of Christ as if it were a construction project. The Spirit began with the foundation of the Church, which came from the original twelve and Paul. The gospel message was then disseminated through evangelists and preachers and teachers. The correlation between them is obvious. But once the foundation has been laid, there is no need for apostles.

Also, and this is very important, we are ALL being led by the Spirit. We don't need apostles today, as Catholics and Pentecostals say, because we are not being led by men, we are being led by the Holy Spirit. Paul warned us about men who would attempt to make a name for themselves in the ministry. And we see it today.

Obviously your catechism is wrong

You are confused about what is meant by ad hominem: "to the man." This phrase identifies arguments that are based on attacks of the person rather than his argument. Yes, I identified you as a Catholic apologist and I am more convinced than ever that you came here pretending to be one of us. However, I never based my argument on your Catholic association. But you have based your argument on our Protestant association, telling us that we are indoctrinated and that our teachers have failed us.

In fact, all those who name the name of Christ are welcome to post on this board, including Catholics and many do post on this board. But the Catholics that continually berate other people don't last long here. Why? Because they get bored. Why do I stay? Because people, including the many lovely, and kind Catholics here are willing to engage their minds and present rational arguments from the Bible. These people are engaging and smart. And you treated them all as hicks from the sticks.

Don't you get it, we don't care. Any Christian can post here. Your particular religion makes no difference. Your offence was your attempt to hide it. And don't give us your line about being a Lutheran or a Baptist. You use Catholic terms and vocabulary which hints that you are Catholic, and Baptists don't argue in favor of the "higher calling" or Apostolic succession. Every time you lie to us you loose more of your credibility. Even so, we are willing to engage your interpretation of the Scriptures while we argue back. But so far, you have demonstrated your unwillingness to consider our reasons or arguments. I suspect that you don't consider them because you have already prejudged us as hicks from the sticks. But you are wrong, we have a lot of smart people here and many are Spirit led and have good instincts. And we come from different denominations, including Catholics.

See, terms like "fundy gang" reveal a dismissive, contemptuous attitude that permeates your posts. I don't know why the other Catholics didn't accept you but I don't think it was because they were offended by the information you attempted to supply them.

Again, I suspect that no one was offended by the information you attempted to present. The reaction you got, in my opinion, was a reaction to your attitude of contempt and haughty statements of superiority.

True students of the Bible are humble before the text and true teachers of the Bible are humble before the students. Take my advice and check your attitude at the door. Then we can explore the text together as fellow students.
He does use a lot of catholic terms . BUT i want you to pull up a chair and sit down .
FOR what i say next might cause you to faint and fall to the ground .
THIS DOES NOT MEAN he is necessarily a catholic. CAUSE MANY WITHIN the protestant realm
are now more catholic , dUE TO DECEPTOINS ANDCOMMON GROUND UNITY . THE PROTESTANT REALM
is fast becoming catholic . AND MANY of them dont even realize it . THIS is what happens
when unity and getting along becomes the golden bull . SUDDENLY being unequally yoked
we start falling prey to their doctrines . YEAH , do ponder on that for a bit and then realize WHY GOD said AS HE SAID
why pual later quoated it , DONT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED . CAUSE YOU FALL PREY TO THEIR LIES , you fall away .
GOD KNOWS what is best for us and its about time the churches learn GOD KNOWS and has ALWAys known WHAT IS BEST FOR US
AND WE CAN FIND IT IN THE BIBLE .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This kind of response shows that you do not read my posts and are truly a "child" and need to grow up in order to have an adult conversation.
I have read all the posts you wrote to me. They don't prove your contention.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does use a lot of catholic terms . BUT i want you to pull up a chair and sit down .
FOR what i say next might cause you to faint and fall to the ground .
THIS DOES NOT MEAN he is necessarily a catholic. CAUSE MANY WITHIN the protestant realm
are now more catholic , dUE TO DECEPTOINS ANDCOMMON GROUND UNITY . THE PROTESTANT REALM
is fast becoming catholic . AND MANY of them dont even realize it . THIS is what happens
when unity and getting along becomes the golden bull . SUDDENLY being unequally yoked
we start falling prey to their doctrines . YEAH , do ponder on that for a bit and then realize WHY GOD said AS HE SAID
why pual later quoated it , DONT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED . CAUSE YOU FALL PREY TO THEIR LIES , you fall away .
GOD KNOWS what is best for us and its about time the churches learn GOD KNOWS and has ALWAys known WHAT IS BEST FOR US
AND WE CAN FIND IT IN THE BIBLE .
There is in the end times a false unity of compromise and a true unity of the Spirit (John 17:21, Ephesians 4:13-16). The Papacy is right smack dab in the middle of the false unity, the true saints are at the center of the true Unity, and most of those saints are not Catholic, But a holy Remnant from amongst the Harlot church (Catholic) and Her Harlot daughters (Protestantism and Orthodoxy) Who have heeded Christ' warning to "come out of her" and have re-found the true Way, a salvation that is empowered by the Spirit to transform the individual (Hebrews 6:1, 2 Peter 1:5-10), and to perfect God's Love in us (1 John 4:12)

Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.you must have a special anointing do you think?
I Have no special anointing, It is the same anointing all believers have (1 John 2:27, John 16:13) But most have been silenced by the nicolaitans in the church who are trying to keep the people suckling on milk so that they can maintain their power. We ought all to be teachers by now.... Hebrews 5:12-14

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Only a Born Again can persevere, why, because we persevere in the Spirit.....many a time I’ve said to the Lord....Lord I cant do this.....then he reminds me that, I can only persevere in the Spirit.

I rest in God’s knowledge.....not mans knowledge.

Yes.

We, the born again, are.... what God says we are, and not what we might think we are, on any given day based on how we feel.

Our relationship with God, that is re-established by the Blood of Jesus and the Cross of Christ, is based on THAT alone., as its by Jesus's Stripes we were healed. Its By and Through Jesus's Blood and Death and Resurrection, that God accepted us and accepts us FOREVER.

That is our SALVATiON....

Its based on the CROSS of Christ, and never is it based on how we think, or what we do.

Salvation is created by God, and given by God as "The GIFT of Salvation"

Gifts are not EARNED, they are RECEIVED..... = Freely.

Our Salvation is not an IDEA, or a Theology........Our Salvation is JESUS Himself.

Jesus is Salvation.
Jesus is Eternal Life
Jesus is our REDEMPTION
Jesus is the reason all the born again, are forgiven, forever.

Reactions: Ritajanice