Personal Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul said that we know the love of Christ...not the bible.

Eph. 3:19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

This is speaking of real experience....not just bible reading.

Reactions: GodsGrace
D

Dave L

Paul said that we know the love of Christ...not the bible.

Eph. 3:19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

This is speaking of real experience....not just bible reading.
You don't love God's word (Jesus)?

D

Dave L

Directly from the living God.

Dave, your religion is dead. It isn't be "ye reconciled to the bible. "
My faith will stand the test anchored in God's word.
“But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.” (Matthew 15:13–14) (KJV 1900)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't love God's word (Jesus)?

Of course...I love the Davar (word) because it comes from God. But that doesn't give me life and grace. I get that from God in experience. There doesn't even have to be a bible present. But it lines up perfectly with what others experienced as it is written...and they had no bibles present either.

So your stance is fully illogical and pointless in pursuing God....the God that is only spoken ABOUT in the bible.

You are treating the bible as some idol that represents God. It is your "golden calf."

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The correct answer in general, is: at the cross...for we "were crucified" and "raised up" with Christ. "Were" (past tense), speaking of "those who are alive and remain" (after the cross).

Neither history or the bible recorded this at the cross:

19 ‘And I will grant wonders in the sky above
And signs on the earth below,
Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke.
20 ‘The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood,

D

Dave L

Of course...I love the Davar (word) because it comes from God. But that doesn't give me life and grace. I get that from God in experience. There doesn't even have to be a bible present. But it lines up perfectly with what others experienced as it is written...and they had no bibles present either.

So your stance is fully illogical and pointless in pursuing God....the God that is only spoken ABOUT in the bible.

You are treating the bible as some idol that represents God. It is your "golden calf."
But if you go beyond scripture, you stop listening to Jesus and are risking much.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But if you go beyond scripture, you stop listening to Jesus and are risking much.

perfect love casts out all fear. We are to know God and the power of His resurrection...in REAL experience.

You need to go where the scriptures are pointing you...into the arms of God Himself.

D

Dave L

perfect love casts out all fear. We are to know God and the power of His resurrection...in REAL experience.

You need to go where the scriptures are pointing you...into the arms of God Himself.
Ignorance coupled with love is dangerous.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not true. It is the spoken word...the living word that causes faith. The rhema. What you should say is that without the written word there would be no misguided religious people who walk in their own power while thinking THAT is what faith is.

The truth is by and in the Spirit. Not outward observance (works).
Whose truth spoken by which spirit? You do realize demons are active in the world whispering in people's ears I hope.