Personal Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again---

@CoreIssue, you urged me to "take the blinders" off. Well, I've read all of Walter Martian's book, seem all those ideas many times, AND actually attended services at these various churches AND actually read/studied their religious materials in full. I"m not a blind sheep to just parrot what other people say.

Please come back to me once you have done the same and your blinders are off.
The bible commands us to test all claims. Just studying what the source of the claims say is not valid test.crazy.gif

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have. You just don't like what I said.
You have not step foot into a different church, you have not read other materials. You listened to one camp, and blindly parrot what they say back, with zero way of knowing whether or not it's correct. You have not tested anything.

I have done all of those things. I rejoice in Truth and getting my facts straight, even if it's a church I disagree with passionately (example: Catholicism).

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Peter didn't. The prophecies of Joel are not fulfilled. You're obsessed with tongues,etc, to the exclusion of the other prophecies.
Hear, hear all you who love the Lord...for this is a witness against what is written and of God.

Nonetheless, the obsession is yours, for I have said nothing of tongues.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its a perfectly logical question, what of the guy that gets shipwrecked with no bible, the poor that couldnt read in the old days, your gonna tell me the Lord will not find them when they are looking.
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hear, hear all you who love the Lord...for this is a witness against what is written and of God.

Nonetheless, the obsession is yours, for I have said nothing of tongues.
He spoke of filling Joel, which included tongues.

Trying to be slick here, but it didn't work for you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He spoke of filling Joel, which included tongues.

Trying to be slick here, but it didn't work for you.
So...you also deny Joel's prophecy and Peter's confirmation of it, against what the scriptures say?

Apparently, we have been arguing with people about the scriptures who don't believe them. There is no room here for debate, these things are written. Why do you call yourself a Christian.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you also deny Joel's prophecy and Peter's confirmation of it, against what the scriptures say?

Apparently, we have been arguing with people about the scriptures who don't believe them. There is no room here for debate, these things are written. Why do you call yourself a Christian.
Joel's prophecy will be fulfilled.

Your problem is not understanding Peter used this as an example of what happened at pentecost, but he never said fulfilled Joel.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Following your good posts Scott. It much like banging your head against the wall. It seems some just choose to not allow the Holy Spirit to speak to them or even be a rich, personal part of their lives.

Bless you ...H

D

Dave L

Following your good posts Scott. It much like banging your head against the wall. It seems some just choose to not allow the Holy Spirit to speak to them or even be a rich, personal part of their lives.

Bless you ...H
I always enjoy your posts. But you misjudge those who refuse to go beyond what the scriptures say. King Saul sought extra biblical revelation and ended up in the devil's camp.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always enjoy your posts. But you misjudge those who refuse to go beyond what the scriptures say. King Saul sought extra biblical revelation and ended up in the devil's camp.

So Dave...do you always throw out the baby with the bathwater?

I have met many in my time who are just afraid of "catching a demon" if they dare to wait quietly upon the Lord for Him to speak.

Obviously, you were taught this by someone and now this is your position. Thankfully I was taught from day one after I got saved..to wait on the Lord ...and get used to His guidance. And yes, most times , especially in the beginning it came through the quickened written word.
But, as I matured, God sometimes just jumped into my life.
There would be no need of 'discerning of spirits'...if this was not the case...ie hearing His voice...and knowing "the voice of a stranger"...also.

I appreciate some of your posts...but on this subject of the Holy Spirit speaking to us....we are at odds. But we will just have to agree to disagree. The big thing you do have going for you...is that you are always polite.
I decided not to talk with you on this subject as I could feel that I may not stay polite...I can sometimes let frustration get the better of me. Hence I opted out.

Bless you Dave..... :)

D

Dave L

So Dave...do you always throw out the baby with the bathwater?

I have met many in my time who are just afraid of "catching a demon" if they dare to wait quietly upon the Lord for Him to speak.

Obviously, you were taught this by someone and now this is your position. Thankfully I was taught from day one after I got saved..to wait on the Lord ...and get used to His guidance. And yes, most times , especially in the beginning it came through the quickened written word.
But, as I matured, God sometimes just jumped into my life.
There would be no need of 'discerning of spirits'...if this was not the case.

I appreciate some of your posts...but on this subject of the Holy Spirit speaking to us....we are at odds. But we will just have to agree to disagree. The big thing you do have going for you...is that you are always polite.
I decided not to talk with you on this subject as I could feel that I may not stay polite...I can sometimes let frustration get the better of me. Hence I opted out.

Bless you Dave..... :)
I was Charismatic (AOG) for several years. But came to the conclusion any extra biblical sources of knowledge are not from God.

Reactions: prashanthd
D

Dave L

Then why are you yourself so stuck on creeds and the like? :rolleyes:

Oh, never mind...I am arguing again and I told myself I wouldn't.
If you read any of the creeds, they begin with scripture and state precisely what each scripture means when balanced with the others.
Nothing more than your pastor does, but with greater precision, having withstood years of testing and trial.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then why are you yourself so stuck on creeds and the like? :rolleyes:

Oh, never mind...I am arguing again and I told myself I wouldn't.
amen, imo the point is to be able to even hear the contradictions, not to stop them
obv all you can get for a reply will be more garbled bot stuff anyway right ^, this post is even a bad idea prolly, no issues that you bring up in a post will actually be addressed, rather if they are not completely ignored, they will be co-opted, pre-empted, etc

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel's prophecy will be fulfilled.

Your problem is not understanding Peter used this as an example of what happened at pentecost, but he never said fulfilled Joel.
Acts 2:16 [Peter speaking] "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel"

Right!

Sorry...you are so wrong. You need to go back and study some more. Good luck with that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bless you ...H
The irony is...after harping on that "scripture only" drum, they don't even acknowledge what the scriptures clearly say.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just wrong Dave.

We have quoted the scriptures to you that clearly show God's spiritual revelations to NT believers...and you have refused to acknowledge them.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:16 [Peter speaking] "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel"

Right!

Sorry...you are so wrong. You need to go back and study some more. Good luck with that.
‘And it shall be in the last days,’ God says,
‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all q]">[q]mankind;
And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
And your young men shall see visions,
And your old men shall dream dreams;
18 Even on My bondslaves, both men and women,
I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit
And they shall prophesy.
19 ‘And I will grant wonders in the sky above
And signs on the earth below,
Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke.
20 ‘The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood,

Before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come.
21 ‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

When did those verses happen to Israel? The prophecy was made to them.

Last edited: