Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus was executed and then he was raised from the dead by God, Acts 4:10 tells us that. Jesus himself said at Matthew 20:28 that he came to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many. Hebrews 2:14 tells us that Jesus died. It is through Jesus death he brought to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is the Devil. One of the first things the apostle Paul said he handed to the Corinthian Congregation at 1Corinthians 15:3, 4 is that Christ died for our sins and was raised up on the third day. At 1Peter 1:3 the apostle Peter praises God and Father of our Lord Jesus for his mercy because he gave them a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. Anyone who denies that Jesus was dead for three days and resurrected back to life on the third day will remain in their sins.

The devil has NO power; he is and had been a slain enemy since God's Plan of Salvation.

Besides, you contradict yourself claiming <<Jesus himself said that he came to give his life>> and at the same time persist in lying that <<the one having the means to cause death .. is the Devil.>>

Nonsense in any case! SIN is the cause of death--disobedience-- and man -you and I- is the means of death, "sin entered with one" = the first man. "The day that you, eat, you, shall die!" Sin became man's instrument of suicide; nothing and no one stood between man and death while he knowingly and deliberately, sinned.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Anyone who denies that Jesus was dead for three days and resurrected back to life on the third day will remain in their sins.

Jesus was NOT <dead> in the sense you imply the meaning of the word and or experience of being dead. And the Bible does not say whatever you claim it says. Jesus SUFFERED THE PAINS OF DEATH to the degree of "UNTO DEATH" during his last "three days" before He would rise again.

126210492_10208583215814106_3198900932522977605_n.jpg

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Scholars and professors of religion, with and without letters after their names to prove their advanced "wisdom and learning", have for centuries attempted to define the nature of the Godhead. They have all failed to the extent that they themselves have never been able to explain it in terms they could fully understand, thus their unanimous agreement in calling it a "mystery", nor have any of them been able to explain it in terms anyone else could understand.

Looong before any <scholars and professors of religion>, the Holy Spirit of God who inspired his chosen to write His Word, defined the nature of the Godhead calling it a "mystery" in His Word of Scripture.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scholars and professors of religion, with and without letters after their names to prove their advanced "wisdom and learning", have for centuries attempted to define the nature of the Godhead. They have all failed to the extent that they themselves have never been able to explain it in terms they could fully understand, thus their unanimous agreement in calling it a "mystery", nor have any of them been able to explain it in terms anyone else could understand. I am not sure why Christians today still try to explain something trying to define what ll admit is a mystery?
Your attempt above is no improvement on anything previously offered. The Nicean Creed couldn't accomplish it, nor any council since.

Really? So this "substance" sent the Son into the world, or the Father? See John 3:16
What is it, this "substance"? Manna? What is it?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
Here is the 'substance' of our hope, that is, our faith, is it not? But... where are the "eyes to see" it? Can our eyes be properly anointed so as to see?

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

If this were the case, then how do we get Father and Son?

What happened to God then when Jesus died?

That is all conjecture.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It matters when you use your theory to persecute others calling them heretics if they don't believe your man made definition.
Who did I call "heretic"? What "man made definition"? The "Church" is a Satanic sewer! To be kind. But take heart, God is soon going to clean His House!
1 Peter 4:17 (NKJV)
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Blood will flow!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not all that <<Scripture shows>>. The whole purpose of all Scripture is to show that it was GOD the Only Begotten Son of God that God sent to the World of mankind, John 3:16. Jesus, "SO LOVED" in the full Fellowship of Equity of Father, Son and Spirit, AS the Father and the Holy Spirit "LOVED".

Scriptures show that John 3:16 says that it was God who sent his Only Begotten Son to the world of Mankind. John 3:16 doesn't say it was, "God the only Begotten Son of God" that God sent to the World of Mankind, that's you and others twisting scripture to try and prove your belief. I'll never agree to twisting scripture.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To have existed like you describe here The Son did, how do you think He could IF NOT AS GOD ALMIGHTY IN THE FULL EQUITY OF FELLOWSHIP OF GOD ALMIGHTY THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT?!

The one thing that is consistent with those like you is that you will continue to deny that the Only True God has an Only Begotten Son that existed in heaven and at The True God's schedule time used his Holy Spirit to send his Only Begotten Son as a human in the likeness of the first Adam

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . .the very same weakness in argument as in your previous statement. The Bible says that Jesus is “the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God.” (Rev. 3:14), GOD the Beginner only can be "the beginning of the creation by God" (whether the words must be <by God> or "of God"-- no diffs). In other words, how do you think the Son could be "the beginning of the creation by God", IF NOT AS GOD ALMIGHTY IN THE FULL EQUITY OF FELLOWSHIP OF GOD ALMIGHTY THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT?!

What you and others can't believe or have faith in is that Jesus is the beginning of God's creation not the beginner(revelation 3:14). The Bible is very specific when it tells us that Jesus is the firstborn of creation.(Colossians 1:15) The way the scriptures use the phrase, "firstborn of" you will never agree with cause it doesn't matter to you how the scriptures use the phrase,"firstborn of" in the scriptures, it's what you believe that matters even though the scriptures show something different.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best thing you could do for yourself IN THIS LIFE STILL, dear Barney Bright, is to urgently send that church of yours to hell and taste freedom and GOD'S ONLY Salvation. “For ONE, GOD, both one Mediator and God between men, is a MAN : (God The Man) Christ Jesus!” or “For ONE, GOD, one Mediator-God of men, is a MAN : Christ Jesus!” 1 Tim. 2:5εἷς γὰρ Θεός, εἷς καὶ [both] μεσίτης Θεοῦ καὶ ἀνθρώπων, ἄνθρωπος Χριστὸς Ἰησοῦς. "GOD IS MAN, IS MEDIATOR : THE MAN THE MEDIATOR JESUS CHRIST". That is what Paul wrote. Your church is a spreader of delusion and deceit.

I'm not going to deny scripture because you do. I expect those such as yourself to be judgemental as though you think you're infallible and all-knowing as he is. Only the True God is the only just judge. He's the only one who is all-knowing and infallible so judging should be left to him and his Only Begotten Son who God has given authority to judge.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was NOT <dead> in the sense you imply the meaning of the word and or experience of being dead. And the Bible does not say whatever you claim it says. Jesus SUFFERED THE PAINS OF DEATH to the degree of "UNTO DEATH" during his last "three days" before He would rise again.

126210492_10208583215814106_3198900932522977605_n.jpg

I understand that you deny that Jesus died and was dead for three days, that's the point about those such as you is that you don't believe Jesus died and was dead for three days. The scriptures show that those who deny this will remain in their sins. You have to believe that the Only Begotten Son of God was resurrected from the dead the third day after his death.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Scriptures show that John 3:16 says that it was God who sent his Only Begotten Son to the world of Mankind. John 3:16 doesn't say it was, "God the only Begotten Son of God" that God sent to the World of Mankind, that's you and others twisting scripture to try and prove your belief. I'll never agree to twisting scripture.

You are twisting Scripture, Barney Bright. You, deny the inherent essential properties and attributes of GOD IN THE EQUITY OF FULLNESS OF FELLOWSHIP between the Father and the Son and the Spirit.
If I call my son "Son" it is because he is of the SAME essence-of-being-human I am made and constituted of. YOU, say, No, that means nothing; YOU, say, that means my son is my inferior, one less than I. He must be some form of SUB-HUMAN according to YOUR, warped interpretation.
And you go further, YOU, apply your FALSE human cerebral subtractions and additions and conclusions and multiplications of HUMAN PROLIFERATION to GOD WHO IS NO HUMAN, so that to be the Son of God to YOU, the Son is, yes, must be, unable and impotent of being of the same DIVINE SUBSTANCE AND ESSENCE as His Father, GOD HIMSELF!

But have you ever listened to yourself defending yourself and your warping and distortion and corruption of Scripture? Watch THE BIG 'I' . . . <<
. . . that's you and others twisting scripture to try and prove your belief. I'll never agree to twisting scripture.
>>

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The one thing that is consistent with those like you is that you will continue to deny that the Only True God has an Only Begotten Son that existed in heaven and at The True God's schedule time used his Holy Spirit to send his Only Begotten Son as a human in the likeness of the first Adam

Ja, if you have no Truth-of-Scripture, you are forced to resort to false accusations that you think must bewilder your opponent (me). Well I am not in the least perturbed because I believe completely every word you wrote here, but certainly not your subtlety and deception through hidden thoughts of denial of the PLAIN TRUTH of your own words.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What you and others can't believe or have faith in is that Jesus is the beginning of God's creation not the beginner(revelation 3:14). The Bible is very specific when it tells us that Jesus is the firstborn of creation.(Colossians 1:15) The way the scriptures use the phrase, "firstborn of" you will never agree with cause it doesn't matter to you how the scriptures use the phrase,"firstborn of" in the scriptures, it's what you believe that matters even though the scriptures show something different.

This, <<that Jesus is the beginning of God's creation not the beginner>>, man o man, go back to preparatory school, your linguistics are hopeless. No one can reason with such bull!
To be the Firstborn of God is something incomparable with to be the firstborn of a human couple. A human couple must couple to reproduce; GOD IS GOD THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT THE IRREPRODUCEABLE TRINITY called by anthropomorphisms or other imperfect words of comparison or whatever else. We mortal Anthropos's have no alternative than to speak with metaphor, not 'literal'. How can we who are his creation speak of our Creator AS IF WE ARE ON PAR, especially since we are become mortal fallen SINNER creatures of our Creator?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm not going to deny scripture because you do. I expect those such as yourself to be judgemental as though you think you're infallible and all-knowing as he is. Only the True God is the only just judge. He's the only one who is all-knowing and infallible so judging should be left to him and his Only Begotten Son who God has given authority to judge.
What classic example of self-contradiction! Of course you can see it but won't. While <<Only the True God HE>>--the Only True GOD-- <<is the only just Judge. He's The Only ONE WHO, is all-knowing and infallible so judging should be left to him and his Only Begotten Son who God has given authority to judge.>>
<<him-and-his Only Begotten Son .. God>> "and" means "the same as", "="

Barney Brightmind:- "Not so!!!!!!"

We obviously have come to an impasse.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand that you deny that Jesus died and was dead for three days, that's the point about those such as you is that you don't believe Jesus died and was dead for three days. The scriptures show that those who deny this will remain in their sins. You have to believe that the Only Begotten Son of God was resurrected from the dead the third day after his death.

I believe <<the Only Begotten Son of God was resurrected from the dead the third day after his death.>> THE PROBLEM IS YOU DO NOT TOLERATE ANY INTERPRETATION NOT YOURS.
My reply to you is, show me the Scripture which says <<that Jesus died and was dead for three days>>. There is NO such Scripture.
Nevertheless Scripture is clear and unambiguous that

He "on the first day they KILLED to passover", DIED "the ninth hour" 3PM mid-afternoon "on the fourteenth day of the First Month"; and

that He was BURIED THE NEXT DAY AND WAS FINISHED BURIED "on the first day ulb eaten", "That Day the Preparation mid-afternoon before the weekly Sabbath" "on the fifteenth day of the First Month"; and that

He ROSE from the dead "ON THE WEEKLY SABBATH MID-AFTERNOON BEFORE THE FIRST DAY" "on the sixteenth day of the First Month the SANCTUARY WAS CLEASED OF DEATH".

You don't know these Scriptures?

I knew you do not. BUT THEY ARE ALL WRITTEN. And so was Jesus
dead after that He had given up the ghost for 2 days plus 3 hours on the day that He died; and was
He dead and buried in the grave for 1 day the Sabbath the Seventh Day of the week plus 3 hours on the Friday before.

But of course you have already judged me that I am in my sins still and must bear the consequences eternally. That's what the BIG "I" have posted.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are twisting Scripture, Barney Bright. You, deny the inherent essential properties and attributes of GOD IN THE EQUITY OF FULLNESS OF FELLOWSHIP between the Father and the Son and the Spirit.
If I call my son "Son" it is because he is of the SAME essence-of-being-human I am made and constituted of. YOU, say, No, that means nothing; YOU, say, that means my son is my inferior, one less than I. He must be some form of SUB-HUMAN according to YOUR, warped interpretation.
And you go further, YOU, apply your FALSE human cerebral subtractions and additions and conclusions and multiplications of HUMAN PROLIFERATION to GOD WHO IS NO HUMAN, so that to be the Son of God to YOU, the Son is, yes, must be, unable and impotent of being of the same DIVINE SUBSTANCE AND ESSENCE as His Father, GOD HIMSELF!

But have you ever listened to yourself defending yourself and your warping and distortion and corruption of Scripture? Watch THE BIG 'I' . . . <<>>[/QUOTE\]

No, you're twisting scripture GerhardEbersoehn I believe what
was inspired to be written down by Gods Holy Spirit. John 3:16 says- "for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." This is what I believe. I just don't agree with your interpretation of scripture, which is what you're texting. You show me where in scripture where God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down, that "God the only Begotten Son of God" that God sent to the World of Mankind." Plain simple fact you won't find it written down in scripture that way. You twist scripture and add scripture as though you have the authority to do so. Others may want to worship imperfect humans like you and your interpretation and think you have authority to add to scripture, but jI don't I just believe you to be a imperfect human just like everyone else. I'll go by what God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down at John 3:16 which is, "for God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Anyone who believes anything else is twisting scripture and adding to it.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ja, if you have no Truth-of-Scripture, you are forced to resort to false accusations that you think must bewilder your opponent (me). Well I am not in the least perturbed because I believe completely every word you wrote here, but certainly not your subtlety and deception through hidden thoughts of denial of the PLAIN TRUTH of your own words.

I'm just agreeing with what The True God said in scripture in that he sent his Only Begotten Son in the likeness of Adam to save the world of mankind. Whether you choose to believe the True God and his word is up to you. Everyone must make their choice.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This, <<that Jesus is the beginning of God's creation not the beginner>>, man o man, go back to preparatory school, your linguistics are hopeless. No one can reason with such bull!
To be the Firstborn of God is something incomparable with to be the firstborn of a human couple. A human couple must couple to reproduce; GOD IS GOD THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT THE IRREPRODUCEABLE TRINITY called by anthropomorphisms or other imperfect words of comparison or whatever else. We mortal Anthropos's have no alternative than to speak with metaphor, not 'literal'. How can we who are his creation speak of our Creator AS IF WE ARE ON PAR, especially since we are become mortal fallen SINNER creatures of our Creator?

Like I said and you have confirmed you can't agree with scripture when it says Jesus is the beginning of creation at Revelation 3:14 or "the firstborn of creation at Colossians 1:15." Scripture uses the phrase, "firstborn of" at least 30 times before coming to Colossians 1:15 and whenever the phrase, "firstborn of," is used in regard to animals or humans, what is said to be firstborn of is part of that group. For example the firstborn of Egypt are people in the nation of Egypt, the firstborn of Israel are people in the nation of Israel and the firstborn of sheep are sheep within a flock of sheep. So Jesus being the firstborn of creation means Jesus belongs in that group called creation just like the firstborn of Egypt belonged to that group called Egypt and the firstborn of Israel belonged to that group Israel.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What classic example of self-contradiction! Of course you can see it but won't. While <<Only the True God HE>>--the Only True GOD-- <<is the only just Judge. He's The Only ONE WHO, is all-knowing and infallible so judging should be left to him and his Only Begotten Son who God has given authority to judge.>>
<<him-and-his Only Begotten Son .. God>> "and" means "the same as", "="

Barney Brightmind:- "Not so!!!!!!"

We obviously have come to an impasse.

You continue on judging but just a human like anyone else. You're the one who is denying Jesus to be the Son of God not me.