Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe scriptures like Acts 17:30, 31 are lies.
When it comes to scriptures like John 2:19,21 I believe we must harmonize Jesus’ words with many other scriptures, which clearly show that God and Christ are separate persons and not equal and not tied together, along with the holy spirit, to form one god. Numerous texts show that Jesus did not raise himself from the dead, but that he was resurrected by Jehovah God his Father. (Romans 8:11; 1Corinthians 15:15; Ephesians 1:20) So how may we logically view John 2:19.

I believe the context must be examined. John 2:13-18 shows that Jesus had cleansed the literal temple at Jerusalem, routing from it those who were making it a place of merchandise, and as a result had been confronted with this question from the Jews: “What sign have you to show us, since you are doing these things?” Then in John 2:19 Jesus told them the sign, which is the basis of our question. John 2:20-22 says: “Therefore the Jews said: ‘This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?’ But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples called to mind that he used to say this.”

This setting shows that Jesus was not talking about his physical body, but “he was talking about the temple of his body”. The temple in Jerusalem that Jesus cleansed represented not Jesus alone but also the body-members over which he is head. Just as the literal temple was not made up of one stone but many, so “the temple of his body” consists of many living stones, with Jesus as the foundation cornerstone: “You yourselves also as living stones are being built up a spiritual house for the purpose of a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” (1Peter 2: 4-7) After the Jewish religionists rejected Christ the living stone and broke him down by death on the torture stake, on the third day thereafter Jehovah God raised him up to become the chief cornerstone of the temple of living stones then under preparation. He immediately appeared to his disciples and lifted them up out of their despondency, built them up spiritually so that they could “offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God”. That this building of “the temple of his body” started then and continued through the years that followed is shown by Peter’s use of the present tense when years afterward he said Christ’s followers “are being built up a spiritual house”.
Gee, I hope your "savior" doesn't "cease to exist again".
John 2:19-21 (NKJV)
19 Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
21 He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Amen Jesus, YOU did it!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, I hope your "savior" doesn't "cease to exist again".
19 Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Amen Jesus, YOU did it!

Now see how you are? If you didn't want to hear what I had to say about John 2:19-21 then stop expecting me to make statements about it by texting, "You're EVADING the Scripture, John 2:29-21 again," as you did in post #319. You didn't care what I had to say about that scripture so stop texting as though you do want me to text what I have to say about that scripture, you just want me to agree with what you believe about it. That's not going to happen.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now see how you are? If you didn't want to hear what I had to say about John 2:19-21 then stop expecting me to make statements about it by texting, "You're EVADING the Scripture, John 2:29-21 again," as you did in post #319. You didn't care what I had to say about that scripture so stop texting as though you do want me to text what I have to say about that scripture, you just want me to agree with what you believe about it. That's not going to happen.
I tried to make it simple for you by giving you one perfectly clear Scripture. You avoided it like plague.

Reactions: BARNEY BRIGHT

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to make it simple for you by giving you one perfectly clear Scripture. You avoided it like plague.

I didn't say anything about John 2:19-21 before post # 322 because I knew you wouldn't agree with anything concerning that scripture I had to say except what you already believed so I didn't see the point and you proved what I believed about you concerning that scripture to be true. I'm not going to agree with you concerning that scripture because I believe you to be in error.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say anything about John 2:19-21 before post # 322 because I knew you wouldn't agree with anything concerning that scripture I had to say except what you already believed so I didn't see the point and you proved what I believed about you concerning that scripture to be true. I'm not going to agree with you concerning that scripture because I believe you to be in error.
How could Jesus raise His body from the dead if He "didn't exist"? Kingom Hall has deceived you.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you're not gonna agree with the Scripture because Jesus said He would raise His body from the dead. That doesn't set well with Kingdom Hall.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
127036815_10208594730621969_2573720528999396452_n.jpg

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could Jesus raise His body from the dead if He "didn't exist"? Kingom Hall has deceived you.

You are the one who believes Jesus to be God and rose himself from the dead, not me. I believe the scriptures that say that Jesus himself said he had a Father and a God. I'm not going to deny these scriptures where Jesus himself says he has a Father and a God. It was Jesus Father who is God that raised Jesus from the dead. So it was the Father and God of Jesus who brought his Only Begotten Son back into existence 3 days after Jesus death.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you're not gonna agree with the Scripture because Jesus said He would raise His body from the dead. That doesn't set well with Kingdom Hall.

You're the one who is disbelieving Jesus when he says in scripture that he has a Father and God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who believes Jesus to be God and rose himself from the dead, not me.
I sure do!
I believe the scriptures that say that Jesus himself said he had a Father and a God. I'm not going to deny these scriptures where Jesus himself says he has a Father and a God. It was Jesus Father who is God that raised Jesus from the dead.
So it was the Father and God of Jesus who brought his Only Begotten Son back into existence 3 days after Jesus death.
Even your NWT agrees that Jesus is God!
John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one who is disbelieving Jesus when he says in scripture that he has a Father and God.
Both are Bible. Jesus is God, and His Father is God. Kingdom Hall lied to you!
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure do!

Even your NWT agrees that Jesus is God!
John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".
Yet you continue to ignore what Jesus himself says about the FACT he has a FATHER and GOD. You ignore what Jesus says, I don't.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you continue to ignore what Jesus himself says about the FACT he has a FATHER and GOD. You ignore what Jesus says, I don't.
I addressed your comment. You avoided mine like plague. Let's try again. How could Jesus raise His body from the dead if He "ceased to exist"?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another lie! Do you know what the Bible says will happen to "all liars"? I doubt that you even know.

Ok Kcnalp you say I'm a liar because I say you're ignoring what Jesus says when he says he has a Father and God. So you're admitting that Jesus Christ has a Father and God, which means Jesus can't be God since God doesn't have a Father or God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok Kcnalp you say I'm a liar because I say you're ignoring what Jesus says when he says he has a Father and God. So you're admitting that Jesus Christ has a Father and God,
I have never denied that even though falsely say I did. You lied!
which means Jesus can't be God since God doesn't have a Father or God.
So YOU are saying the Bible is wrong, not me.

Even your NWT says Kingdom Hall lied!
NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I addressed your comment. You avoided mine like plague. Let's try again. How could Jesus raise His body from the dead if He "ceased to exist"?

And proof of the liar you are by the comment you made on post #337 about me avoiding your comment concerning John 2:19-21 when I answered that on post# 320.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never denied that even though falsely say I did. You lied!

So YOU are saying the Bible is wrong, not me.

Even your NWT says Kingdom Hall lied!
NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

I'm not saying the Bible is wrong I'm saying you are wrong if you believe Jesus is God, when Jesus himself admits he has a Father and God. God doesn't have a Father or God. So tell me kcnalp, is Jesus lying when he says he has a Father and God?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying the Bible is wrong I'm saying you are wrong if you believe Jesus is God,
The NWT lied? Oh my!

NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God"
when Jesus himself admits he has a Father and God. God doesn't have a Father or God.
Says who? Kingdom hall?
So tell me kcnalp, is Jesus lying when he says he has a Father and God?
Nope, He always told the Truth! Why do you have a problem with what Jesus said?